Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply The School of Dedicated Role Players
Group roleplay idea~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:33 am
This is inspired by the novel 'match' with a fantasy twist.
There are element based nations, and each year, men and women of 16+ are to find who their match is. The matches are selected by the nation leaders, and in an effort to keep peace between all four nations, they force the youth of each nation to mix, by matching them

What is matching? It is finding out who you are 'destined' to be with. This is done with a copper ring, given to you on your twelth birthday, which activates on your 16th. When the ring is activated, it will steer you towards your match with clues; heat, cold, vibrations, the clues depend on which nation your match is from.

To help speed things along there is a matching ceremony, which each year is held by a different nation. There you are left to find your partner in the ballrooms, with only your ring to guide you. It is rumoured, that some people don't find their match, or have several. If you find yours it is up to you to accept or reject them, although rejection is rare, as the rings are magical artefacts.

Tensions are rising between some nations, and the pressure to settle down is greater than ever, although some people are rejecting to be matched at all, throwing away their rings in protest.

Anyway, that's the gist of it.
The RP would have 12 matchees, 6 male, 6 female, and 6 Nation leaders (for elements I'm thinking Water, earth, air, fire, dark, light).
Matches would be made with rolling a dice or something similar, depending on if people are interested.
What do you think? Feel free to post ideas c:  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:17 pm
I'd beep interested to do a rp like this smile  

Utterfanatic

Utterfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:18 pm
I'd beep interested to do a rp like this smile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:23 am
Thanks for the feedback c:  

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

HeavyMetalHeartbreaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:03 pm
I would be interested in playing but i think the nations should be based on elements like Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Metal and Wood. Similar to Codex Alera and where each element has more to it than what you think.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:53 pm
It'd be interesting but how would you make it harder to find your match? Like obstacles and such. I realize that in reality it'd be due to the shifting crowds but in an rp it'd be difficult.

Also there is a subforum in the guild for story development and stuff in case you didn't know.  

azora natashi

Greedy Dog

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:09 am
I've considered that but I'm not sure how obstacles would fit into a ball-like event...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:52 pm
Herm, then I guess the conflict comes from deciding if who you meet is actually your one?  

azora natashi

Greedy Dog

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:28 am
Most likely, and how the authorities react to their image of a picture perfect world being shattered when more and more young people choose to reject their match 3nodding  
The School of Dedicated Role Players

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games