Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Is it safe to do magick while pregnant?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:13 am
Are there any extra precautions I should take or be aware of before casting a circle? I'm not intending on doing any major spells. Just a simple tribute offering to reconnect my spirituality. Its been a long time and I feel imbalanced and lost in my life. But I do not by any means want anything to happen to my unborn child. I don't want any negative energy or bad spirits to take possession. I know this may sound silly and maybe a little irrational but this is coming from a concerned, over protective mother. And I apologize if any of this sounds offensive but this is a true and honest cry for advice.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:09 pm
Moonlite__Syren
Are there any extra precautions I should take or be aware of before casting a circle? I'm not intending on doing any major spells. Just a simple tribute offering to reconnect my spirituality. Its been a long time and I feel imbalanced and lost in my life. But I do not by any means want anything to happen to my unborn child. I don't want any negative energy or bad spirits to take possession. I know this may sound silly and maybe a little irrational but this is coming from a concerned, over protective mother. And I apologize if any of this sounds offensive but this is a true and honest cry for advice.

Well... anything that affects you will likely affect your child, but as long as you cast your circle properly you should be fine. Any energy you raise, might make the baby extra active for a bit, so you may need to do some a little more grounding than usual.

In general though, being pregnant can through your energy off, so you may want to wait to do anything major until after it's been born. Even if you are feeling blocked right now, it could be more because of the baby sucking up your extra energy, rather than that you are actually blocked.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:59 am
too2sweet
Moonlite__Syren

Well... anything that affects you will likely affect your child, but as long as you cast your circle properly you should be fine. Any energy you raise, might make the baby extra active for a bit, so you may need to do some a little more grounding than usual.

In general though, being pregnant can through your energy off, so you may want to wait to do anything major until after it's been born. Even if you are feeling blocked right now, it could be more because of the baby sucking up your extra energy, rather than that you are actually blocked.

I dont think thats really the case. In fact I feel a little more heightened. This is my second child and i have been feeling spiritual callings. I feel like this is the prime of a woman`s life because im about to give birth. I also feel slightly nesty. I want to do a few simple cleansings to prepare the home for my child so she can be welcomed in a negative free environment. And also, because my mother passed away when i was 19, I kinda wanted to pay tribute to her. Although i feel more in tune with this pregnancy, there was alot i had to do on my own. I didnt have no mothernlaw nor midwife. As a mother with a small toddler i had certain expectations to live up to. I dont think that was all done on my own since ive been dreaming and feeling my mother with me every day. Not once do i go a day without thinking about her smile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:51 pm
Moonlite__Syren

i have heard when your pregnant your magickal
energy can increase a lot since your in the phase of the mother goddess
if it was me and i wanted to be extra careful I would pick a large robe that covered my stomach all the way and bless it for extra protection maybe even sew stone beads of stones for protection on to the fabric and whenever i did magick or ritual while with child I would wear it kind of like when you get an xray and they give you those special aprons  

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:43 am
Musical_Vampire_Socks

So... Then women who don't want kids will forever be magically weak?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:13 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks

i have heard several different reasons behind this theory

one being that your energy/intuition is stronger when you ovulate and pregnant women kind of just have that happening for them all the time they are pregnant (but i'm not sure about this since some women don't ovulate, but then their probably still have a hormonal cycle, same as men do)

i've heard they are better at Motherhood/Nurturing related Magick and Child related Magick because being one with child makes them more sympathetic/absorbent of that energy

one person said they have better luck/protective&prosperity energy around them seeing as they are now under the guidance of certain Goddess/Gods that are Protectors of the pregnant and small children

but of course i can't say for sure never having been pregnant myself
thats down the road for me  

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:57 pm
Musical_Vampire_Socks
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks

one being that your energy/intuition is stronger when you ovulate and pregnant women kind of just have that happening for them all the time they are pregnant (but i'm not sure about this since some women don't ovulate, but then their probably still have a hormonal cycle, same as men do)

i've heard they are better at Motherhood/Nurturing related Magick and Child related Magick because being one with child makes them more sympathetic/absorbent of that energy

one person said they have better luck/protective&prosperity energy around them seeing as they are now under the guidance of certain Goddess/Gods that are Protectors of the pregnant and small children

I can see the deity one to an extent. But everything else is just what? Why does magic have to be tied to hormones? Why can't nurturing be tied to other things? People nurture more than children.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:45 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks

I can see the deity one to an extent. But everything else is just what? Why does magic have to be tied to hormones? Why can't nurturing be tied to other things? People nurture more than children.

sure nurturing can be tied to other stuff, gardening, pets, new projects, etc.
i think the reasoning behind the magic/hormone connection
had to do with the phases of the moon and how hormones go through phases
and how when the moon is full its considered a better time to do magick
and ovulation or pregnancy is supposedly linked/correspondent to the full moon while menstruation is to the new moon/waning moon
but i don't know, like i said I don't have personal experience with it  

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:58 am
Musical_Vampire_Socks
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks

and ovulation or pregnancy is supposedly linked/correspondent to the full moon while menstruation is to the new moon/waning moon

Now I've never heard that the full moon is better for doing magic than the new moon. On the other hand I've heard for certain kinds of magic that one phase is better for the other.

The thing about this is that it misses the fact these correspondences aren't for everyone. Not everyone is going to have this connection.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:21 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks

Now I've never heard that the full moon is better for doing magic than the new moon. On the other hand I've heard for certain kinds of magic that one phase is better for the other.

The thing about this is that it misses the fact these correspondences aren't for everyone. Not everyone is going to have this connection.

Im sorry you feel that way. Having children is a wonderful experience. Everything Musical_Vampire_Socks has said has been extremely helpful and makes a lot of sense. As owner of the thread though i didnt want this to end up as a debate. I was in a situation where i needed to look for answers. Im just comfused for a woman who doesnt want kids clicked on the link in the first place. Seems you were just coming in to make your opinion heard but im not really interested in hearing opinions that arent helpful. Thanks for barging in anyway smile its people like you that make me not want to post things in this guild. I get that everyone is entitled to their opinion but this guild is suppose to be a community. I might as well post suicidal poems on the writing forum on gaia with horrible grammatical errors and hope to get better sportsmanship then this guild.  

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:23 am
Musical_Vampire_Socks
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks

Thank you for everything. All the info has been real helpful. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:48 am
Moonlite__Syren
Musical_Vampire_Socks
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks

Thank you for everything. All the info has been real helpful. smile

Your Welcome 3nodding  

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:33 pm
Moonlite__Syren
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Musical_Vampire_Socks

Im sorry you feel that way. Having children is a wonderful experience. Everything Musical_Vampire_Socks has said has been extremely helpful and makes a lot of sense. As owner of the thread though i didnt want this to end up as a debate. I was in a situation where i needed to look for answers. Im just comfused for a woman who doesnt want kids clicked on the link in the first place. Seems you were just coming in to make your opinion heard but im not really interested in hearing opinions that arent helpful. Thanks for barging in anyway smile its people like you that make me not want to post things in this guild. I get that everyone is entitled to their opinion but this guild is suppose to be a community. I might as well post suicidal poems on the writing forum on gaia with horrible grammatical errors and hope to get better sportsmanship then this guild.

Where have I said that I don't want kids?
This guild is for discussions. Asking questions is how one can learn and be able to understand different things. My initial post was how vampire socks' post came across. And it's like I said in the post you quoted not everyone is going to have the same connections. That's why you ask questions.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games