Verejanu - -_Wish of Tevarae_-
&
Veretu - Das Tor
&
Matata - Das Tor

Word Count: 1,341[According to Google Docs]

Veretu lay curled up at the entrance to the den she shared with her twin, watching the busy paws of the pride pass by. She felt rather...useless at the moment, simply staying out of the way and trying to not be a bother. Especially to her twin. After all, her twin had her soul, and it just wouldn't do to annoy Verejanu. The female sighed and let her head sink to rest on her paws before it rose again. Wait...yes! Tu was on her paws quickly, bounding over to Janu.

"Sister! This sador has an idea to present to you!" Tu never referred to herself in the first person. It just wouldn't have been right for a creature with no soul.

Verejanu had been bored most of the day. She'd been searching for something new to play her games on, since her sister was...Well. The female supposed she was supposed to behave. After all, her sister was her Sador, and the only one that she needed. Dark tail flicking back and forth idly, she looked up to see her twin inching in, telling her that she had an idea. Ha. A no-soul creature with an idea. Laughable, but she would see where her sister's mind led. After all, she'd spent time since their cubhood training her twin to be as devoted to her as any sador could be, "Well, then speak up, little Veretu. Tell me what is on your mind."

"Verejanu is need of more toys, yes? Well, this sador has good eyes! Perhaps she can be of aid in finding toys?" She did so love being useful to her sister! It was the entire reason for her existence, she was certain of it! "Janu just needs to say which sort of toys she would like best today."

The elder of the two females found herself thinking idly about what her sister was saying. Yes...She had quite run out of toys to play with, and it was about time for her to go hunting for more. With a Sador that happened to be her own sister, who'd been trained from a young age of her place, Verejanu knew that she was devoted. "I think birds, sister dear. Let us find me some flighty creatures whose wings I can take."

Veretu nodded, doing her best to keep from hopping in excitement. Oh she did so love when her sister had something with wings! Janu did the most lovely things to them! "Any color preferences today, Sister?" She hoped white. Or black. Red looked best against those! Ooooo...or pink!

"Mm. White." She wasn't much fond of pink. Despite the pink on their mother, Verejanu thought it to be very wrong. It was odd their mother was a demon. So much light color on her pelt. Her tail flicked once behind her, the young lioness slipping out of the den. "Look for white, or perhaps yellow should we get lucky. I want something NEW."

"Of course, Sister!" Tu padded after her sister, always staying at a respectful position and distance. Her red eyes kept a watch for any birds, white or yellow, tail swishing merrily behind her. Janu's training of her had been impeccable, the pale sador a rather...twisted little thing who might have been a demon were it not for her pelt and her subservient nature.

Janu smiled at her sister's willingness, happy for the Sador's nature. It meant that the elder twin had nearly no worries about her sister running off on her, or becoming an annoying little femme like some of the Sador she'd met. Brushing her gently with her tail, she continued on. "Good. I'm very proud of you, darling Sister."

Tu couldn't help the look of joy on her face, a simple satisfaction in those words from her sister, her master. And then a flash of white and black caught her eye. Curious, she paused, then grinned. "This sador sees a possible toy!" She kept her voice quiet, to keep the unsuspecting bird from hearing. After all, it wouldn't do for the game to end before it could begin!

Her ear flicked at her sister's intonation, and she noted the toy, her maw curling in a slow smirk. Good...A bird would make a nice plaything. Perhaps she could get her sister to learn how to use the needles their mother had crafted for her. Striding forwards, she looked over the little bird, careful to keep far enough behind it. "Tu, let's play catch~."

Tu's smile widened, the expression taking on an rather...sadistic tone. "Catch is the best game this sador thinks! Especially if it ends with red~." She sank low, her belly nearly on the ground, and slunk forward and to the side a little, seeking to flank the bird. Of course...she'd eventually catch its attention...

Which would give Janu the perfect moment to strike.

And the bird in question just munched at his bit of carrion, the magpie unaware of the two stalking him.

As she watched her sister move to distract the bird, it wasn't long before Janu charged, a silent, swift attempt to pounce upon the smaller creature. A wicked, angry smirk curved her lips, claws extending as she leered over him. "Hello, little bird.”

The bird eyed the other Sador curiously. And when he was overtaken, he squawked, flailing his wings in an attempt to get loose. "UNHAND ME! I am not yours to pounce!" Tu wandered over, grinning brightly.

"But you are just a bird! Even this sador would be able to pounce you!" The bird squawked again.

"I am Hakuna'jina's sador! Have been since she was mortal!"

Hakuna'jina...The goddess. Snorting softly, the female looked down at the squawking creature, horribly disinterested by his babbling. "Oh do hush up, won't you? I just want a bird to play with. The only reason I'd let you go is because you belong to the Goddess. However..."

"You are not a very obediant sador, than. To just sit there, eating away from your master." Tu's face was one of contempt. Sadors were supposed to stay near their masters unless told otherwise!

The bird glowered at the sisters, letting out an odd noise reminiscent of hissing. "I know how sorts like you play." He lashed out, pecking Janu's paws. If he could get just a little loose…

Janu hissed, claws digging deeper in the dirt as he tried to peck at her. "Oh shut up, sador. You know NOTHING of myself. Sister dear, I think he's being disrespectful. Such an ungrateful creature."

Tu grinned darkly, nodding. "He is! Demons give him shelter and food and safety! This sador knows well how much better it is to be grateful to her masters!" And then there was a wet, hacking sound.

And a wad of saliva and mucus flew at Janu's eyes.

With a cry of disgust, the Demoness flailed backwards, trying to wipe the loogie out of her eyes. Oh god, this was disgusting! There was saliva and mucus all in her eyes! Wiping at her eyes with her paw, the femme snapped out, "Tu, take care of that insolent little BIRD."

Tu roared in frustration at the insolent little bird, leaping for him. She was met with dirt as he took to the air, small wings carrying him deceptively fast.

"I am Matata! I am chained by no one but the one who has died and risen! The one who bears Death's name!" The cry of anger from the pale sador on the ground was loud as Veretu attempted to chase him, only to be unable to keep up.

The eldest of the twins hissed, cleaning out her eyes and glaring up at the bird. "You've made the top of my list, little bird. I will not be shown disrespect! I will not be treated like this. You are a FOOL for acting as you have!" Her words were cried loudly. While the female was not going to cross the goddess, this was rudeness, pure and simple.