[PRP] Failure to Hunt (Gard x Midori)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:13 am
User Image
Midori sat pawing at the rotted tree, she was trying to break it open so that she could get to the juicy grubs that she knew were inside of it. She sighed the whole point of choosing a dread tree and eating the insects from it was that it was suppose to be easier than trying to catch a bird to eat, and it was better than just eating some berries.

She sat back on her haunches with a huff. She normally had no problem getting insects, it was any other sort of living thing that gave Midori trouble. The female jackal couldn't hunt to safe her life. At least known was around to see her failure she thought.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:14 pm
User Image

Gard was roaming around. He needed to eat, but so far he hadn't managed to fins anything that he really wanted to sink his small teeth into. When it came to chasing down small rodents or snatching a bird out of the air, he was pretty good at it. He wouldn't say he was the best around, but he was fairly sure he hadn't seen anyone else better than him, either.

He hummed lightly as he moved along, coming to a stop when he spotted another jackal not that far ahead of him. Tilting his head, he ventured over to her. "Hey there," he offered, "you look a little down, is everything alright?"

Wasn't like he couldn't ask when she looked so sad.

nessiaing

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Midori looked up from her log when she head the males voice. She was surprised to see a firey colored jackal not to far from her. It would appear that not only did Midori not have very good hunting skills, but her survival skills sucked as well.

She smiled at the male, happy to see another of her species, she had never met another jackal aside from the ones in her family. It was something that had always made her sad.

"Oh I am alright, its just my hunting skills that need help." she said with a little laugh.

"My name is Midori by the way." she told the orange male.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:34 pm
Gard smiled brightly. "Oh really? Well, that's some pretty good luck you have there!" He informed her, raising his head up to hold himself with a bit of pride. "As it turns out, I'm good at hunting, and I'm just off to try and get myself something to eat! If you want, you could come along and I could show you how I do it!"

He grinned happily, hoping she would take him up on his offer. Normally he didn't like to show off but, well, she was pretty and he wanted to impress her. Anyway, he liked when he got to help someone else.

"Oh! and I'm Gard. It's nice to meet you, Midori."

nessiaing

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:15 pm
"I do have good luck." Midori beamed. It was a generous offer one that Midori definitely couldn't turn down. If there was any hope in her eating something other than grubs in the foreseeable future.

"Are you sure that you don't mind." the black and green female asked the male. "I think you are underestimating how terrible I truly am, I may just get in your way a bunch." Midori told the male, she was laughing at herself a little. She was joking, sort of, she was bad but if he was truly skilled as he made it sounded hopefully there was learning to be had.

"Lead the way Gard." she told him with a smile.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:19 pm
"Haha, that's okay! It's not like we have to get things right the first time. We can practice a little bit!" He grinned and started to walk when she said for him to lead the way, taking them a small distance away from where they had been originally.

He knew where a lovely little meerkat home was, and the various holes were always teeming with potential food. It would be the best place to practice, he imagined.

He beamed big as he came over the busy terrain. It looked like the meerkat were out and about in force today!

"We'll manage to catch something here for sure!" He told Midori happily.

nessiaing

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:12 pm
Midori trotted behind the male jackal excited about the prospect of eating something other than the grubs she picked from beneath the bark on trees. Grubs were enough to survive on but they definitely left you wanting more, much much more.

"So Gard tell me more about yourself." she half whispered to the male, she wasn't sure if she should be talking as they were going out on the hunt but she was curious about the male she hadn't ever met a male jackal outside of her own family before, she was curious about where the male come from, what his family was like. Really she would be happy to hear anything about anything he would tell her. She just hoped she wouldn't scare off any prey.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:37 pm
Gard regarded Midori for a moment. While he was eager to get to hunting, he did feel like it would be rude if he didn't answer her. Anyway, he liked getting to know new animals, and he so rarely met met other Jackals!

"Oh, well, I'm from a nice family and I grew up really happy... kind of a spaz, I guess. Always getting intro trouble trying to look tough..." He chuckled lightly at himself, "what about you? How was your puphood?"

He smiled a moment more before looking at the meerkat again. He liked the look of his spot- there were plenty of small ones around. Something even they could pick off! "You wanna give it a try yourself?" He asked, "there's an older guy sleeping a bit too far from the group. It'd probably be slow and easy to grab!"

nessiaing

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:53 pm
Midori smiled, "I can't complain, I grew up with two sisters and my mom no dad. We were all happy enough." She told him as she eyed the meerkats he had been speaking about.

Midori had never gone after such big game, her mouth started watering at the thought of such a tasty big meal. "I will try it" she said in a low whisper.

She began to move slowly along the edge of the meerkat group careful to be as quiet as possible. She didn't look behind her to see if the male was watching her, though she was sure that he was, she just hoped that she pulled it off.

She made it to where the older meerkat slept and she leapt with all her force landing on him and breaking his neck in one quick movement. The other meerkats all scattered quickly.

"I did it!" she shouted surprised by the apparent hunters instinct she had within. "Come eat!" she called to him.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:24 pm
Gard watched breathlessly as she got into position and made herself ready for the hunt. It looked like he was eager to give things a shot, and he wanted to make sure she did things right. It was amazing! He had been expecting to see her flub, admittedly, but instead she had acted like a pro. She knew her target, locked on, and caught it without any real trouble.

It was like watching a prodigy.

"That was awesome!" He howled once he was sure she had nabbed the food and it wasn't going to slip away from her. He ran over, happy as a clam.

"You're amazing! I can't believe it! Haha, were you just playing around with me?" He was all smiles as he ran around her, too excited to stand still. Eventually, though, he did manage to calm himself down to focus on the actual food of the matter.

Somehow, seeing her succeed just really made him happy.

nessiaing

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:04 am
"You're making me dizzy." Midori laughed as Gard ran in circles around her and her prey. She was beaming with pride, and well frankly just like him she too was shocked that she had actually managed to capture something other than a grub to eat.

"I swear I wasn't putting you on!" Midori said her smile still wide. "You must just be a really great teacher." she told him as she bent to take a bite of her fresh kill.

She came back up, licking the blood from her lips, "I can not tell you how good this tastes, its been such a long time since I have eaten real meat, I've been living on grubs." she told him, "They taste nowhere near as good as this." she told him still giggly and giddy from her successful hunt.

"Come on you dig in to." she told him.

Cajanic

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces