[PRP] My Life Story (Drury x Suzume)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:47 pm
User Image

Drury travelled up the mountain side again. He was a little lighter in step today. Oddly enough he was looking forward to seeing the lioness he had me the day before. He didn't think that things would change, he didn't think it would make everything all better, but he was looking forward to telling someone all that had happened to him, that he had gone through. He had never told anyone about his more or how he felt. Sure there were many that knew his mom had died it wasn't exactly a secret or anything but he had never actually spoken about it.

He climbed the mountain to where he had sat the day before and he waited looking out towards the far off horizon. Enjoying his view, while he waited for the female to arrive.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Suzume was bouncing in the clouds today. Something about meeting her fellow pride member in her high mountain paths had really brightened her day. It was nice knowing that she wasn't the only one who ventured up so high. She smiled at the thought. I suppose then I was wrong thinking I would have to learn to talk to the birds up here then~

She was curious though. What could have gotten such a male so far down in the dumps? And to even take the pride from him as a home....she sighed. It seemed horrible to be a stranger in your own birthplace. Made her heart sink just thinking about it. Coming from a lioness who some days really wished she was a sparrow it really was a similar feeling at times.

Climbing through the path she finally spotted the familiar figure in the distance, "Hey! Drury~" Smiling Suzume shook some dust from her mane, "Thought you might have gotten lost coming back up here again. But here you are."

She was glad...he really did come back.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:09 pm
Drury smiled at the female as she approached another genuine smile that was twice in two days. "Why hello Suzume" he greeted the female he shuffled over so there was room to sit next to him on the ledge.

He was in way looking forward to telling his story to someone who cared to listen but at the same time the thought of talking about himself to a practical strange was striking his nerves. He tried to calm himself by thinking that his story had to be heard, specially if he was going to leave the pride, it would be nice that someone here knew who he was and why he left.

"Are you sure you want to hear my story?" he asked the female, "Its not an overly happy one."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:20 pm
At his smile she felt her cheeks warm. She was just not expecting such a look! It was nice though...to see an actual smile like that towards her rather than some confused look. Still she couldn't help but to tease, "No mopey expression today? " She peered closely towards him as she moved towards the ledge, "Did another lion replace ya?"

Carefully she moved around him and laid down with her paws peering over the ledge. It was nice to be able to see the winds moving about them...at his warning the lioness did finally look up and chuckled, "Should I only be interested in happy tales?" Her gaze glimmered with mischief, but the caring soul was obvious beneath it. After all weren't sad tales the ones that needed to be heard the most?

"I hear it frees the spirit to let out what's the heaviest on a lion's heart."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:26 pm
Drury fidgeted and moved to lay down beside the female, he peered over the edge of the mountain. A touch of vertigo waved over the red maned lion as he looked over the edge but he did enjoy the feeling of the wind rustling his full mane.

"You were at the old pride right, the one in the swamps?" The female looked old enough to have been around before the move. It was all such a blur to him, and he hardly paid attention to others ages.

"Before the fire, before the move?" he kept staring a head letting the wind sting his eyes. This way if he cried he could say it was the wind no the empotions bubbling up in him.

"My whole family lived in the swamps back then."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:04 pm
Oh? Suzume smiled towards Drury. He was a bold one then. Most lions would have lost their stomachs to be so close to a ledge like this, "Yes." She nodded, "I was a little older than a cub then." The memories of the trees closing in over her felt like a million years ago. So much had changed since then...

She smiled at the nostalgia of her memories before blinking over to him, "Sorry. But yes, yes I was." She remembered the heat of the fire and the rush of the pride around her. It sent a chill down her spine. Perhaps it was around that time that she started fearing being enclosed rather than up and free? It was so easy to get trapped in the inferno...she shook her head, "I try to forget I was, but then again it did happen."

Her gaze softened a bit at his last statement, "Back then...probably means no more right?" Did they all die in the fire? Oh! Her heart twisted at the thought...it would be a horrible story indeed then. Either way she could already guess that this tale was pretty far from being happy indeed.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:27 pm
No one liked to remember the fires, it had been an awful time fore the whole pride, but yet the all remembered the old lands with a hint of a smile on their faces. It was hard not to smile when you thought about the place where you were born.

"Well no they didn't all die, but they didn't all make it either. All my siblings made it out, and my dad, but my mom she didn't she died in the fire." he said his voice so quite it was barely audible.

Drury remember the chaos and the scrambling about it had been awful.

"Even though we didn't all die in the fires we didn't all make it here either." Drury mummbled.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:30 pm
Suzume bit the inside of her cheek. That was awful. The poor lion no wonder he was sad then. It must hurt a lot to lose a loved one in that way... Her gaze softened as she stared away towards the sky. Did spirits really fly in the winds to watch over them? She smiled softly at the idea before looking back towards Drury.

"I'm sorry." She whispered quietly, "Did they get lost or wander off on their own after?" Tilting her head she studied him, "Surely at least someone else came here to our new home...right?" Or was he truly all alone? That would explain the heavy step in his paws that he had up here the other day. Her heart ached for him. Even as an oddball she couldn't imagine being completely alone like that...

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:42 pm
"Some of them made it here, I have a few siblings here. My dad didn't come though. I think it was all too much too sad." Drury knew that he wasn't the only one that struggled with the loss of his mom. His brother's relationship with his mate had fallen apart, and honestly he didn't talk to any of the others.

"So really thats it that my whole big bad sad story." he said turning towards the female. It felt good to say it out loud. Even if he had had to whisper some parts.

"I thought coming here would make it all better, that I would be happy but the mountains haven't done it for me yet." he told her. Looking down over the cliff again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:12 pm
"Good then." Suzume quickly shook her head, "Not about your father...I'm sure though he wasn't meaning to leave you. But sometimes a lion handles grief differently from others. Hopefully he's out there finding memories and learning how to live on for a happy life." She smiled warmly, "That's possible right? I'm sure your mother wants all of you to be happy still."

She lightly reached over and smacked him, "That's probably what she might do as well." Suzume laughed softly to cover the sorrow in her voice that his own reaction gave her, "You still have family, silly. So you aren't completely alone~ Don't be so sad. "

Her gaze softened as she paused, "But at the same time it is a sad thing. The fire drastically changed things for you. It sounds sad, but at the same time...surely it's not all lost!" She nodded, "Like I know there should be at least something out there for ya!" Surely something could make him happy again. Whether the smallest of things or just finding a connection, "Plus it's not like family is the only thing you're born with. Some families can be made through more than blood like friendship."

Suzume smiled at him, "So whether you like it or not you have to realize you're not completely alone now. I can be a friend like family for ya, Drury." The lioness stretched out and stood, "That way you aren't so alone anymore. And....maybe if the mountains don't do it for you...it might just mean you need to explore a little. There's so much to this world with many surprises~"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:20 pm
Drury smiled the lioness was full of wise words. It was nice to hear another's perspective of things.

"You have given me much to think about Suzume." he told her as he rose to his feet. It had been a pleasant conversation despite the sad talk, he had enjoyed her company but now the big mopey lion needed some time to himself.

"I hope you don't find me rude but after all this talk I need time to myself." he told her. He offered her a quick bow of his head before he made his way back down the mountain side. He would definitely be seeing Suzume out again soon.

[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games