[PRP] Drip Drip Drip (Aoi x Jua/Coutu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:08 am
The sky was dark today. Dark and brooding as charcoal clouds blanketed it for as far and wide as the eye could travel despite the fact that it was midday. Or at least, Juabuyuka was relatively certain it was midday. Truth be told she had lost track of the time with the arrival of the storm that now threatened to drown all life on the once dry flatland of the savanna. For Jua though, the rain was a good omen, water brought life--even if too much of it often caused destruction first. It probably helped that she was an excellent swimmer and had been raised in a cackle of some of the best fishing hyenas in all of Africa. Glancing over her shoulder, she couldn't help but laugh jovially at the female tailing behind her. She could hardly say the same of her best friend. Enjoying the weather Coutu?

Couture's silent glare spoke volumes, her mood as dark as the storm that had incited it. As a hyena that took particular pride in her appearance the solid black female was highly displeased with her current state. Soaked through to the bone her normally silky, luxurious fur lay flat against her body, exposing the small physique under all the fluff. Rain water dripped off her nose and chin and under carriage where the weight of it pulled her fur into inverted peaks. Under the punishing onslaught the ground had churned and created a thick paste of mud that covered legs nearly up to elbow and hock, creeping higher the further they walked though Jua seemed oblivious to just how disgustingly filthy they were. It was going to take hours for Coutu to get herself looking prim again. As of current she was forced to endure the horror of resembling something unpleasant that had been stepped in. Jua's buoyant cheeriness wasn't making the situation any better either. Why was the savanna so ridiculously lacking places to take cover in these situations? Jua.. you. are. The worst.

magnadearel
Decided to add Couture for fun. XD Sorry I didn't get to this until this morning. Crashed on the couch pretty much almost as soon as I got home from work.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:06 pm
Neon Fly
Lol no worries! <3 More is always totally ok.

User Image

Aoi was keeping an eye on the sky and one eye on the land around her. She thought the skies were going to break open at any minute and spill out rain. If that happened the hyena wanted to be able to get under cover as quickly as possible. As she expected the clouds opened up. Aoi didn't have much time to find a bolt hole for cover. In fact she could hear the rain as it started to fall across the land. It sounded so cool, and she really would have enjoyed it if she hadn't been searching for a dry place to curl up.

Quickly the rain reached her and the blue female felt her fur start to get soak and plastered against her back. With luck, it wasn't too long before she found a suitable cave to hide in. Aoi shook herself out as best she could before she went inside. It was nice and dry and would be cozy until the storm passed. She sat at the entrance watching the rain coming down. So when two bedraggled hyenas went walking past she couldn't stop herself.

"Hallo! You out there! Come and get out of the rain! There's a nice cave over here!"

magnadearel

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:11 am
The heavy rain made both hyenas flatten their ears to keep the water out, the only other alternative being to repeatedly shake their shaggy heads to dislodge it. Unfortunately, it deadened their sense of hearing as much as the smell of wet earth impeded their ability to scent out prey--or other predators for that matter. No wonder nobody goes hunting in the rain. Jua could remember her family waiting patiently under the fronds waiting for the showers to pass so that the water would clear from its turbulent state and they could continue fishing. She'd never thought much of it until now, usually because she was more than happy to play along the water's edge, splashing and barking at the droplets that crashed into the surface of whatever river or lake they had chanced upon in their travels. Her puphood had been uncomplicated and without much hardship thanks to being a daughter of the matriarch of the small cackle. So much easier than many. Still staring back at Couture, she grinned toothily at the miserable hyena behind her. Awh c'mon. It's just a little water!

Rolling her bright pink eyes, Couture was about ready to snap out some manner of sharp-tongued reply when a shape not too far off in the distance caught her attention. They might not have been able to hear well over the roar of the bitter storm, but their eyes still worked just fine! The dark female could make out the shape of a vivid blue hyena, sheltered in an outcrop of rocks that had formed a cave. Without knowing whether or not she and her companion had actually been invited Coutu picked up an eager dash towards the only escape from the weather for miles. If the stranger didn't like it then they could leave, she and Jua were more than capable of muscling out a loner if things got ugly.

Luckily, as she slowed at the opening of the cavern, the other seemed in good spirits and welcoming. Seems we weren't the only ones who got caught in the rain. Have you been here long?

Now it was her turn to glance over her shoulder. Jua, hurry up!

magnadearel
Aoi is gorgeous, btw!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:32 pm
Neon Fly
thankie, so sort sorry!

She was pleased when the one hyena came running over. Aoi politely made room. It would smell like wet hyena until the pair dried out, but Aoi felt she could deal with it. The female nodded, "I'm sure the storm caught everyone nearby. Well long enough to get dry. How long have you been walking in the rain? You're completely covered in mud."

Aoi glanced back out into the rain at the other female. "Won't you come in? That rain looks really cold now. It wouldn't do for you to get sick. Come warm up and we can talk." She looked hopefully at the one outside, and the other inside. "I'm Aoi by the way."

magnadearel

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:12 am
Ducking inside where the other had made room for her Couture immediately shook herself despite the closed quarters. It was an instinct too strong to ignore the nagging habit, not to mention she wanted the revolting mud off of her pelt as quickly as possible. Slinging spatters of gooey brown paste onto the walls, and hopefully not as much on Aoi, the midnight hyena settled in with every intention to make some effort to groom herself. Without a proper bath there wasn't much she could do, but even the littlest bit soothed her displeasure at her currently disheveled state. You must have found this place not long into the storm then, luckily. We've been out there so long I feel like I'll never be dry again.

Grimacing at the mention of her mud stained pelt Coutu huffed noisily. She knew she was dirty, but being reminded by the stranger left her disgruntled. As a creature known for her pristine appearance, it rubbed Cou's fur the wrong way to be acknowledged as anything less.

Jua was more reluctant than her companion to enter the cavern. First of all, she didn't mind the rain nearly as much as Couture did and secondly, no matter how friendly a stranger might have seemed, the sun trotter had learned never to trust anything at face value. Standing just outside the opening, her gaze scrutinized Aoi. Not unkindly, just... wary. What if the other expected something in return for her generosity? Not to be caught with her guard down the pale female tipped her head in question at the cool blue hyena who looked like she could have been an unearthly water spirit in disguise. I don't really mind it out here. Besides, I'm not so sure why you're helping us.. what do you get out of it?

From behind Aoi, Cou raised a brow at her friend, obviously insulted to be thought of as reckless. Stop being stupid and get in here Jua. Why would she have an ulterior motive? Even if she did, why would she admit to it before you'd taken the bait?

However good her point was, Juabuyuka couldn't find it in herself to take anyone's word on faith, perhaps because she didn't want to resort to unpleasantness. Sure, she and Couture probably could have easily taken down a single hyena, but if they could avoid it by just not getting involved in the first place, wasn't that the better option? I don't know. I'm not saying she does.. but it seemed like a good idea to ask before rushing in, Cou.

There was no small amount of accusation in her tone this time.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:53 pm
Neon Fly

She laughed as mud went flying up on the walls. Aoi felt a couple drops plopped onto her fur but it didn't really bother her. It'd dry and fall off. She nodded with a grin. "I saw those storm clouds forming and kept an eye out. First hint of rain I ducked under cover soon as I could." She had in fact made note of every hiddy hole she could fit into. If it had started to rain hard before she could find shelter she was going to backtrack to the last place she'd spotted.

Aoi glanced back to the other who stubbornly stood out in the rain. She gave an easy shrug. "Well if you want to wait out there the whole storm I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise." The female drew her head back and looked surprised at the other's suspicions. "What do I get out of it? Nothing except some either good company or bad. No offence but if you like to be company I'd much prefer you stayed out there." Not much offended the happy hyena, but the suspicion did irk her a bit.

At least the other one was a bit more trusting. She frowned at the accusation she heard this time. "How do you have any fun with an attitude like that? You need to really relax some." She swished her tail. If the was the company she'd have perhaps she'd take the storm!

magnadearel

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:14 pm
After finding a comfortable spot in the small cavern, there was a shallow indentation in the back where some other animal had previously made its bed, Couture circled several times before settling in. Dropping first to her haunches and then lowering her belly, she nestled against the ground with relative contentment, happy at least to be out of the rain even if she was still far from dry. It's a good thing you found this place when you did.. and even better that we found you, in my opinion.

The dark hyena purposely added the last half to compensate for her friend's lack of manners. It was a strange twist considering Jua was normally far more amiable than she and tended to be the first to exchange greetings and approach complete strangers. Honestly, Coutu wasn't sure what had gotten into Jua.

Still outside the shallow hide-away. Still dripping with rain water. Jua frowned at the stranger Couture happened to be getting cozy with. All she did was express her concerns, they weren't completely unfounded ones either and someone had to be thinking rationally considering her fancy-furred friend couldn't think beyond her own appearance. Yet she felt Aoi judge and accuse her rather quickly.

Maybe she'd offended the other female, but it hadn't been her intention and now, feeling ostracized, Jua decided she liked it better in the rain. Repeating her previous stance with more conviction this time, the pale female sat her rump down outside the shelter, squinting against the occasional raindrops that came too close to her eyes. She would wait until the storm was over and then she and Coutu could go away from this place and Aoi. I'm going to wait outside for you Coutu.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:12 pm
Neon Fly

Aoi settled back into her spot. This storm looked like it would be going for awhile; no sense in being uncomfortable all night. She was pleased the one hyena settled in quickly as well. "I'm just happy I found a hole big enough for more than one." She replied happily to the friendly female. It would have been awkward for her if there hadn't been enough room for all of them. Of course she probably would have opted to give the cave to one of the others and go on her way through the storm.

She glanced at the stubborn hyena in the rain. Without knowing her very well it'd be hard for Aoi to convince her to come inside. Instead she looked toward Couture. "You should try to get your friend inside." It looked like the other really didn't want her company. She thought about it a moment then sighed. "I could leave." So much for a comfortable night with good company. Stupid hyena anyhow.

magnadearel

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff