[PRP]A Mission (Batu x Meshach)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:42 pm
User Image

Batu had travelled all over the world, or at least it felt that way. Still though he had yet to find his one true home. Ever since his old pride had fallen apart the black and white male had been searching for somewhere else to call home, someone to be loyal to.

He had walked very far today and he was getting thirsty he was looking high and low for a water source. It had taken him awhile but he heard the tell tale sound of water flowing. His pace quickened as he headed towards what ended up being only a brook but it was deep enough to drink from. Greedily he moved towards it.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:23 pm
nessiaing

User Image

Meshach was getting better at telling when there were four paws too many in the den. Close to dawn the subtle, and not to subtle, hints from his mate warned him to make tracks. The purple male wandered out. With dawn approaching, his old pride would be curling up into their beds. That left him without an real purpose to going and watching the borders as he usually did. Instead he headed out into the roguelands. Maybe he could find something to bring back to Runa for her and cubs to eat. The new family ate a lot and put his hunting skills to the test.

Instead he found no prey but a simple brook. The sun was well overhead by now and with no prey in sight the male decided a nap would be a much better option. With his luck, if he went back now the cubs would just have been put down for a nap and his entrance would wake them up. His mate would undoubtedly be furious and kick him out of the den. Meshach curled up in the sun and dozed. It felt good to have the sun on his pelt again. During the day, and close to the borders, he often had to hide.

Contentment crept up and carried him off. The male was soon fast asleep.

Many hours later and Meshach awake with a spasm. Something wasn't right his senses told him. He cracked his eyes as he tried not to move and give himself away. With a jolt he realized he'd slept most of the day here. The sun was lowering. He looked around until he spotted what had awoken him. A black and white lion.

magnadearel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:54 am
The black and white lion's observational skills apparently weren't very good he didn't notice the purple lion sleeping not to far away. Batu cursed himself a little, he had been so overcome by thirst that he had failed to scan his surroundings before he started to drink.

He backed away from the brook and turned towards the male. He kept his stance relaxed he didn't want to appear threatening, it looked as if the male had been in his fair number of fights and Batu didn't want to be one. Normally Batu wasn't fighter unless he was fighting for something he cared about or defending someone he loved.

"I am sorry if I woke you." Batu said in a low voice. He kept his stance relaxed but he also made a point of keeping his distance.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:51 pm
nessiaing

Meshach gave a give yawn and shook his mane. This wasn't a lion he recognized from the pride, so he was a bit more relaxed, plus they were well outside the known borders. He laughed softly as the lion apologized. "Not to worry. My mate will probably skin me for being gone so long." He glanced at the sky to take in the angle of the sun then began to stretch.

"Please, drink if you wish. I don't own the water or anything here. Just happened to take a nap here." The purple male rose to his feet and made his way down to the stream to get a drink himself. For some reason his tongue felt like he'd been licking the sand. Maybe he had? Thirst quenched, he shook the extra water from his muzzle.

"So stranger. Where you heading around these parts?" He hoped it sounded casual. Meshach tried to warn rogues he came across about the changes in his old pride. At least if they decided to continue on still they were informed.

magnadearel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:22 pm
Batu's stance relaxed a little once the male started speaking to him. He didn't so threatening now that he was actually talking to him. He moved closer to the male and took another long drink of the cool water. He could feel his body cooling from the inside out.

Having he gotten his fill he took a seat and looked back towards the purple male. "I'm looking for a home." Batu answered simply. "I have been looking for along time haven't quite found the right fit. I use to have a pride, I was high up in the ranks I loved it but its gone now. I need somewhere new, something worth my time and where I wont be too hot with this dark coat of mine."

"I assume you live in this area?" Batu asked, the male had mentioned a mate that Batu couldn't see anywhere so he figured she must be back at some sort of den the male called home.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:48 am
nessiaing

He gave the other time to get a drink, and politely ignored him. Meshach kept an ear on him though as he watched the surrounding area to keep from staring at the other lion. When the male had finished, he turned back to him with a smile. The purple male let his tail twitch as he contemplated the words. He pursed his lips and looked away, glancing back occasionally.

"There is a pride near here. Sadly it... it is not what it once was." Meshach sounded a bit uncomfortable mentioning it. "What sort of pride are you looking for? What was your old pride like?" If he knew what the other was looking for, then maybe he could suggest a pride that might fit suitably. Not that he had much experience with prides. Just the Mwezi and the Tianxia. Still he'd help a fellow if he could.

"I do indeed. Just recently moved out here a number of months ago."

magnadearel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:15 am
Batu's head cocked to the side when he heard that there was a pride close by, he was mildly interested in hearing about the pride but he was unsure if he would want to go to a pride that was described as not what it once was.

"I don't think there is something I am looking for specifically. I want somewhere to call home, something to be loyal to, and if it was cooler in temperature that would be nice my black pelt can't handle the beating sun to well, and not to cold I visited the snow covered lands those weren't for me either."

Batu was fearful that he was sounding a little crazy in his requests but he had already lost a pride once he wanted to be able to find somewhere that was going to fit well enough that it could be his forever home, somewhere that he hoped one day he'd find a might and sire a litter that they would all stay together. Much unlike his last home and litter... it had all fallen apart

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:49 pm
nessiaing

Meshach smiled. "I wouldn't know if its too hot here. I've lived my whole life in this area so I'm pretty use to it. The nights are generally not too bad, and I don't think we get snow here." He wasn't sure he'd ever seen it.

"Normally, I'd recommend you come check out the Mwezi'Johari, but...." He scratched his mane with a paw for a moment as he looked to the side uncomfortably. "Well there's some internal pride conflict going on right now. I don't know how long it'll go on." That was the understatement of like the year.

magnadearel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:31 pm
Batu liked the sound of the weather here it sounded perfect, not to hot now snow. Perhaps he should stay in this area. Batu put his ears back a little when he heard that the pride was in some sort of conflict. It didn't sound like the ideal place to be.

"Was it your home?" The purple lion hadn't said as much but it sounded like he had once lived in the pride. "What type of conflict, is it something that can be fixed?" Most lions would have been scared off by the news that the pride was in conflict but Batu wondered if perhaps he could help. Batu liked having purpose some sort of goal.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:40 pm
nessiaing

The question made the smile fade. It hurt to admit it. Meshach wondered how much he should tell this male. Reluctantly, he nodded slowly. "Aye it was." It wouldn't do to lie to this male. If he did, word might get back, and that could be very bad.

"The conflict of greed and power. My nephew didn't want to wait for his rightful time to ascend to the throne. Instead he took it by force. He's made some changes that I believe our deity won't approve. I tried to stop him, but failed." He gestured to the scars on his body. "I'm hoping to have another chance to make things right before the Great Lion punishes the pride. It's imperative my presence is not known out here by those in the pride."

magnadearel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:26 pm
The black and white male listened to the purple male, his mind spinning the whole time. It seemed like quite the complicated situation indeed. A power usurper was never good, and if it was going to disappoint the God above it was even worse.

"Your secret is safe with me I will mention you to no one." Batu assured the purple male.

"Do you think there is anything that I could do to help." Batu wasn't really sure what he could do to help in the case, but he was a third party lion perhaps someone who could be sneaky in his ways, no one would expect him to be working with a lion from outside the pride.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:20 pm
nessiaing

Meshach cast a suitable grateful look at the black and white male. "Thank you." While this male seemed trustworthy, it would be good to give him too many details to be used against Meshach. Like the tiny lives that now also looked to him for protection. With any luck, if he did run into anyone from the pride the mention of a scarred purple male lurking on the edges would never come up.

"It is not your fight," Meshach said regretfully. "I couldn't ask you to risk your life." Already there had been lives lost, and who knew how many more might have died since he'd been forced to flee. "My paws are tied out here as I don't have a very good idea what's going on inside the pride." It was frustrating in a way. He didn't have enough alliances to get word to him about what was going on within the borders.

magnadearel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:45 pm
Batu thought about the purple male's words for a short time, it didn't take the black and white lion long to make his decision though.

"You don't have to ask me such a thing I will offer you my services." Batu declared boldly. He wondered how it could work that he would be able to help the purple male. After some pondering her spoke again. "If you want to fight you need to know what is going on in the pride, I can join. Being a rogue with no connections no one would suspect that I knew you or was helping you in any way. I can collect info, and other who wish to help you."

In Batu's mind the plan seemed to make sense, he turned to the purple male to point out and flaws or anything that should be added. Batu grew a little excited about his new plan, the black male happy to have a purpose again.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:58 pm
nessiaing
Fin?

Friends seem to crop up in the oddest places, Meshach thought amused to himself. "Then I will graciously accept your help. It would be my hope that you'll find a home in the pride that you've been looking for." It was the best he could offer. He had no idea if he'd even survive the engagement. The purple male smiled. "That would be a great help. Keep me informed on what is happening in the pride. Thank you Batu." He took another look at the sun.

"Come, let's have a hunt and then I can show you where the pride is. They'll be most active at night." While they ate, he intended to answer what questions he could for the male, so Batu wouldn't be going in totally blind. And they could arrange where they'd meet again assuming if he got in.

magnadearel

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff