Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Crypt of Creepy Creatures

Back to Guilds

Charitable Creeps and things that go bump in the night. 

Tags: creepy, creatures, charity, gifts, horror 

Reply The Crypt of Creepy Creatures
Creepy Banners for the Guild. (with PRIZES) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:51 pm
*waves* Hey Creeps!

We need awesome banners. It's really as simple as that.

The Crypt of Creepy Creatures needs YOU! Make us a sweet banner for a sweet prize!

Some rules for the banner:

-Must be 200x40 pixels. (it is a banner after all)
-Must have "I'm with Creepy" on it.
-This banner is for a Creepy Guild...so yeah, Creepy, Halloween, Ghouls, bats...things along those lines.
-It can be spooky, funny creepy, or cute creepy.
-You may use your own avi in the design (just as long as it falls into our theme) or an original TEKTEK creation of yours. Feel free to use Mr Amazing CreepShow, Keen Incisions, or myself (THE Red Corpse) in any designs. Please make sure you obtain permission from any other member if you want to use their avi.
-Vintage Halloween is acceptable.
-Nothing graphic on it that violates Gaia's TOS.
-Original ideas please. Don't steal another artists work and claim it as yours.

So, once you have finished your banner, post it here! Once I accept it, I will send you a sweet prize!

Naturally, I am looking for creative banners.

Thinking about using THE Red Corpse in your banner? I'll have an extra prize for you!

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Post below and I will answer it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:30 am
I would LOVE to make one for you! But first, I gotta know some stuff before I can confirm that I'm entering.

I have some questions, yes, please!

01. Is it a must to make two banners? Won't one get entered/chosen if we do only one?

02. Is there any special mark/anything to highlight our guild? (Like say for example, since our guild is Creepy Creatures, we have a special 'trademark'-like-thingamajig of a skull to say that we are a part of our guild. Similar like how businesses have their 'logos' for their products.)

03. Also, is there any deadline date for this?

04. Should the banner be blk and white or is it ok to have some colors on it? (Red, blue, etc. etc.)

05. Does the banner have to be a rectangular shape or can it be in other shapes (circle, pumpkin, bat, etc.) with the said measurements in your post?

Hmmmm... what else?
(I would make one - I'm jobless, but it'll take 3 weeks or so 'coz I like my finished products to be PERFECT! Well... somewhere near that line anyway... and I always research on the subject before I begin.. so I hope the deadline isn't one this month sweatdrop )  

AngelicPaw

Friendly Partygoer

11,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Skill Up 50

Asuna1995

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:33 am
How and/or where do i make the design?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:08 am
Marina Pearltwist
I would LOVE to make one for you! But first, I gotta know some stuff before I can confirm that I'm entering.

I have some questions, yes, please!

01. Is it a must to make two banners? Won't one get entered/chosen if we do only one?

02. Is there any special mark/anything to highlight our guild? (Like say for example, since our guild is Creepy Creatures, we have a special 'trademark'-like-thingamajig of a skull to say that we are a part of our guild. Similar like how businesses have their 'logos' for their products.)

03. Also, is there any deadline date for this?

04. Should the banner be blk and white or is it ok to have some colors on it? (Red, blue, etc. etc.)

05. Does the banner have to be a rectangular shape or can it be in other shapes (circle, pumpkin, bat, etc.) with the said measurements in your post?

Hmmmm... what else?
(I would make one - I'm jobless, but it'll take 3 weeks or so 'coz I like my finished products to be PERFECT! Well... somewhere near that line anyway... and I always research on the subject before I begin.. so I hope the deadline isn't one this month sweatdrop )

1. You may enter one if you desire. I put a limit of two because some users get excited and would bombard a million.

2. Being that we are a new Guild we have no logos or trademarks. I usually use a skull or skeleton to represent me (THE Red Corpse) but it is not required to be in your design.

3. No deadline is set....but I do wish to pick one for the Guild sometime in the near future. I will send an announcement on this when I decide. You'll have time, tho.

4. Your banner can be any color you choose.

5. It can be any shape just as long as it follows the measurements.

I do understand your need for perfection, but I meant this to be more of a fun project...not work. I don't want you to feel stressed out over the details. Really, I'm just looking for nicer banners than the current one we have. And I mean look at it...it wouldn't take much to make something better. Mr Amazing CreepShow (my husband) just slapped something together for me so we wouldn't be a bannerless Guild. I just happened to be looking at other Guild banners and was a bit jelly. xd

So, have fun with it. Don't worry much about perfection since many people believe imperfection is beauty. wink  

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:17 am
Asuna1995
How and/or where do i make the design?

I'm unsure if I am understanding this question right...?

Are you asking how to make a banner?

There are many ways to do it in photoshop or even something as simple as your own paint program. You can look up YouTube videos on them.

BannerFans provides ways to make free banners, they are limited tho, but it will give you an idea on where to go or what you would like to do. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:23 am
I'm game.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Icklekins

Winter Warrior

1Snowgurl

Versatile Citizen

19,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:17 am
Can I use clipart or pics of members avatars?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:41 pm
oh, no i dont think of it as wrk! i think it of a fun challenge. plus i get to see other users banners too!!!
well, i was thinking of using a gaians avi with their permission to use it in my banner
u held all these avi tektek right? frm there i hope tat's allowed.
thank u for the answers imma make one and hopefully post it smwhere this week or the next!smilies/icon_biggrin.gif
oh and forgot! one more question - how does one attach the image on a post without making the image redirect it outside of gaia? that's one thing i've nver been able to figure out. ^^;  

AngelicPaw

Friendly Partygoer

11,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Skill Up 50

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:06 pm
Icklekins
I'm game.

Nice! I like it!

Pick something from the list! smile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:07 pm
1Snowgurl
Can I use clipart or pics of members avatars?

If the members agree that you can use their avi.

Mr Amazing CreepShow, Keen Incisions, and mine (THE Red Corpse) are available for use without asking. wink  

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:26 pm
Marina Pearltwist
oh, no i dont think of it as wrk! i think it of a fun challenge. plus i get to see other users banners too!!!
well, i was thinking of using a gaians avi with their permission to use it in my banner
thank u for the answers imma make one and hopefully post it smwhere this week or the next!smilies/icon_biggrin.gif
oh and forgot! one more question - how does one attach the image on a post without making the image redirect it outside of gaia? that's one thing i've nver been able to figure out. ^^;

Whoops, sorry, deleted some of that message by mistake.

To answer your question:

use:

[img]your image url here[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:10 am
THE Red Corpse
Marina Pearltwist

Whoops, sorry, deleted some of that message by mistake.

To answer your question:

use:

[img]your image url here[/img]

Lol np about that! biggrin
Thanks!
Hmm.... maybe I'll make two banners - I'll make a simple one first and a more detailed one. You'll have more choices! biggrin  

AngelicPaw

Friendly Partygoer

11,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Skill Up 50

Icklekins

Winter Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:17 am
THE Red Corpse
Icklekins
I'm game.

Nice! I like it!

Pick something from the list! smile

Thank you!

I like Warm Bloody Mary Eyes.

smile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:58 am
Here's my one! I made it simple but nice to fit the 'creepy' theme.
Imma try doing another one with a 'batty' look to it. I'll submit that in two weeks time. I hope you like this one! =)
User Image  

AngelicPaw

Friendly Partygoer

11,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Skill Up 50

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:28 pm
Marina Pearltwist
Here's my one! I made it simple but nice to fit the 'creepy' theme.
Imma try doing another one with a 'batty' look to it. I'll submit that in two weeks time. I hope you like this one! =)
User Image

Thanks! I do like this!

Pick a prize from the list! smile  
The Crypt of Creepy Creatures

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out