Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
Cosplaying for the first time this (and next) year!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AutumnrainChaos

10,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:35 am
I don't have any pictures at the moment as my costume is in bits and pieces, but I'm posting to get tips on how to hold an Arda wig with a heavy ponytail on my head correctly,

AND

because my eyebrows are SO stinking dark, any tips on how to lighten them and make them nearly blonde, or close enough?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:41 pm
Greetings,

A few years ago I created my first Anime Cosplay outfit. It was Syaoran from the anime series "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles" series. It took me a year to get everything needed to put it together. Also I had help in sewing the cape which helped a lot because I can't sew to save my life. LOL

Good Luck on creating your first cosplay outfits. What character are you cosplaying and what series is your character from? To start out check out the tutorials in the Tutorial sub forum of this guild. If you have people that can help you out where you live that would be great to. As for your eyebrows and your wig you could go to a hair stylist in your area. A really good one could help you out with both problems. I've seen some stylists come up with great results. If you don't have the money for that seek out other cosplayers that you know of. Some conventions have panels just for learning how to make outfits and more.

So their are a lot of different places that you can go for help. Also I will see if I can get you more help from one of our Guild Crew Members. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:06 am
AutumnrainChaos
I don't have any pictures at the moment as my costume is in bits and pieces, but I'm posting to get tips on how to hold an Arda wig with a heavy ponytail on my head correctly,

AND

because my eyebrows are SO stinking dark, any tips on how to lighten them and make them nearly blonde, or close enough?

Sorry about the late reply!

Heavy pony tails can be cumbersome. I usually use a multitude of bobby pins to hold it on. The heavier the wig, the more bobby pins you'll need to hold it on. Also, make sure that you're wearing a wig cap. Not only will that hold you hair out of the way, but it'll help keep the wig on with the bobby pins.

With dark eyebrows, I usually first go over them with my foundation, and then use facepaint crayons to color over my eyebrows. You can get them in a pack of five colors at Party City.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:07 pm
Thank you!

I think I'm going to find an eyeshadow to help it out too, but I did manage to succeed in getting the wig to stay! I moved the ponytail on the base wig down and then managed to get the ponytail clip in and attached to my hair as well =3

ALSO

LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE PICTURE! Is that from Dragon Knights? He looks like Rath lol  

AutumnrainChaos

10,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Invisibility 100

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:27 pm
AutumnrainChaos
Thank you!

I think I'm going to find an eyeshadow to help it out too, but I did manage to succeed in getting the wig to stay! I moved the ponytail on the base wig down and then managed to get the ponytail clip in and attached to my hair as well =3

ALSO

LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE PICTURE! Is that from Dragon Knights? He looks like Rath lol

I'm so glad that the wig is working out! Feel free to post or pm me if you have more questions.

YES! THAT IS RATH!!! Not many people recognize him!!! He and Kaistern are my favorites from Dragon Knights!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:15 pm
Man I can't even remember where I stopped reading that story xD I think the last thing I remember happening (which I'm sure I'm further than that) was the girl half-yokai winding up in the castle with the Dragon Queen xD

And thanks again x3 the con is this up coming weekend so a few more pieces and I"m ready to go!  

AutumnrainChaos

10,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Invisibility 100

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:35 pm
AutumnrainChaos
Man I can't even remember where I stopped reading that story xD I think the last thing I remember happening (which I'm sure I'm further than that) was the girl half-yokai winding up in the castle with the Dragon Queen xD

And thanks again x3 the con is this up coming weekend so a few more pieces and I"m ready to go!

Let us know how it goes! Who are your cosplaying as?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:47 pm
I was Bubbles from a grown-up version of The Powerpuff Girls!

It was AWESOME! We got a lot of pictures and I'm super excited! Here's my group!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

AutumnrainChaos

10,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Invisibility 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:27 pm
AutumnrainChaos

It was AWESOME! We got a lot of pictures and I'm super excited! Here's my group!

Really cute photo of your group. Thanks for sharing it. I watched the original Powerpuff Girls TV show a long time ago.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:44 pm
Thank you biggrin  

AutumnrainChaos

10,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Invisibility 100

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:58 pm
AutumnrainChaos

Oooh!!! It turned out great!!! It looks like you're having so much fun!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:01 am
for the pony tail the only thing i can suggest is if you spray glued or gel molded your hair. keeping it as once piece.

for the eyebrows i suggest thinining them out at a salon or something, then using a light toned eyebrow brush over them  

Swibbs

Wealthy Noob

9,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
-------- Cosplayers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items