Reply Main Forum
HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:28 am
Okay, I missed saying it for Thanksgiving, but as you are murdering people for the those deals. I wish thee a glorious day.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:49 pm
I boycott Black Friday. I may do Small Business Saturday: I will do Cyber Monday.

I can't stomach BF. I worked retail for a few years. I saw too much a**-hole-ery on Black Friday that I just can't stand it.

Happy holidays folks.  

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Southern Cross Nemesis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:45 pm
Somedays, I wish Gaia had a like button... Personally, I don't do shopping until the last two weeks before Christmas. For the last few years, no one in my family talks, so lately we just pass out gas cards or cologne. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:30 am
Thanksgiving is usually stressful, but it wasn't so bad this year. Normally it is 2 days of cooking, and 2 days of clean-up, an it tends to be more work than if I had actually gone to work. Mom did everything this year, and there was no company, so I actually had a vacation.

I don't do a lot of gift giving at Christmas. I give to those who have given to me through the year, and I give to those who need. I sometimes look like an a*****e, because everyone buys me gifts, but I don't buy everyone gifts. I don't act ashamed about it, to their dismay... I tell people I don't want them to buy me stuff just because it is Christmas, but they do anyways. Then they act all butt-hurt if I haven't bought them anything in return, like they thought I was just acting polite by saying I didn't want anything. Nope, I was serious.

The incredible thing is that they don't learn their lesson. Like they expect me to be grateful for the chocolate covered cherries (GACK! They are like the new millennium fruitcake) and the little snow babies, and globes, and ornaments (I am sorry but I am not a nick-nack sort) that I got last year, so I might change my ways and get into the holiday spirit.

Maybe I have changed my ways though. I have learned the joys of regifting. I now keep the box of last years gifts that I would have, in years past, delivered straight to Salvation Army Thrift Shop, and when I set out my tree, I also take time to pull the tags off of the items I received. I then make new tags, they have the exact same names that were previously on the old tags, except their positions of to:/from: are switched.

It is amazing that so few people have actually caught on. I normally hear something along the lines of "Well, I already have that one." or, "It's funny, but I already have 3 boxes." On rare occasion, I hear "Well, this seems familiar." To which I just smile, because I can't help it.

I have 2 friends who are without-a-doubt wise to my ways. One gal confronted me to tell me I am doing the re-gifting thing wrong. Apparently, I am supposed to give a gift I don't want to a friend who didn't give me a similar gift. It is not cool to return the gift to the gifter... I like my way better.

My other friend and I have swapped the same ornaments for 3 years now. She knows whet she is getting for Christmas, and I know what I am getting. The cool part. I never bought either of those gifts. LOL

My favorite part of the holidays anymore is New Years. It is a relief to know the holidays are over. I get to drink, and there is less clean up than on the other holidays. Yep. New Years is a Win/Win.

Hell, I might post some of that in my blog. LOL  

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers