Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
The Cursed Dragon - EpicDragon & Angeldenoche

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Viewers
  +1
View Results

Epicdragon55

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:19 am
User ImageVelorendor, a kingdom once massive and royal, full of riches and well fortune, now a empty city of shadows. Abandoned after the Elemental War, it is a city were hundreds of thousands of soldiers have died just outside it's walls and is now the home of the dragon of death, Bahamut.

It was within the city walls, through the empty streets and shops, the wind howling in this empty city, lays what is said to be a cursed and a foul beast that not even bandits or criminals come near this cursed place. The only thing known to be living, is in the main castle, within the royal chambers, Bahamut remains.

Said to of ruled these lands and this very kingdom as a bloody tyrant many years ago. Slaves were forced to work day and night while the rich and royal who served him lived in their wealth and a daily sacrifice was made to him. The river that once flowed nearby, now dry and remains of bones from the armies that fought still remain as well as their armor and weapons. The grass lands and farms are dead, the once green grass is now grey and ash, the trees are black and decaying, the mountains that surround this kingdom are dark as black clouds hover above with no rain or thunder, just the cold bitterness of silence.

It was at the tallest tower of this kingdom, on the very roof, the dark dragon stood, his scales are as cold as steel, equally as protective. His dark scales blended in with the surrounds of this place, unforgiving and cursed. His eyes were closed but he could see the lands, hear the voices of those far away that the eye cannot see from here, the silence suited him as what appeared to be a cape was lightly waving in the wing. His wings were folded upon his back, the claws upon the joints were hooked together under his neck at his chest, thus his wings now appeared as a cape. His hands held together behind his back and under his wings. His eyes then opened, the golden color of his eyes showed nothing, no hate, no evil or good, only sorrow and pain. Death, suffering, hate, and violence, it was all he could hear. The hateful words spread to him, he could see what the people now believe in, and he will have nothing against it, he will not change that, nor can he. If that is what they want to be happy and live in peace, then so be it.

But there is more, one truth he knows that he feels ashamed, a woman, one of royal blood, was well upon her way to him with holy paladins to come here and slay him. What is he to do? Kill them, and spread upon more hate and sorrow? He will see what he can do, but for now, he must prepare for his guests who will be arriving tomorrow.

He leaped from that roof and landed a few feet down onto the tower's balcony and began walking down these lonely and dark steps, making his way to the throne room where he will wait patiently for her arrival...

"What do you plan on doing with your riches, Vern?" One of the paladins asked as the small group was on the move. "Me? Well, after I settle in a new home, probably buy myself a few wives and a few slaves, live as a king within my own house. finally settle down and relax." The one known as Vern spoke. The paladins that marched wore shining steel armor that shined as silver with golden plating's of decorations. Swords sheathed at their hips as one of them had a large broadsword at his back.

"Seems fair enough, how about you Trench?" The first one spoke as the one who had a broadsword at his back, the one named Trench, walked in the back of the group. "I plan on sharing it with the good will of god, the priests will have better use of it than I will, I hope with these riches others will see the light of god and help us put a end to these unholy abominations and purge them of this world." He spoke in a wise tone, speaking in a holy and proud tone. "What of yourself Rickson?" Trench then added.

"Me? Well, I plan on starting up my own business, when this dragon is dead I'm sure his scales will sell handsomely, of course, after I craft a new rug from his hide." He spoke, a few chuckles heard from the others. "But, I plan on opening up a new system of soldiers, those who can prove themselves will travel alongside me to slay other foul beings of this world, to become holy warrior for the righteousness of god." He also added, the others nodding their heads in agreement.

"You've been rather silent lately Devron, what of you?" Trench asked the other. "I just want this one to be killed, it doesn't deserve to live on this world, it doesn't even deserve a breath of our air. it slaughters people like they do not have lives, to many people have died because of them, and once this is finished, I'll buy myself a caravan and head to the next demon." He spoke in a rather deep and serious tone of revenge, that he had lost something from them, and his tone shows hate.

"What about you soon to be Queen Tallyisha? After you become Queen what is it you'll do?" Rickson asked, all turning their heads except Devron to listen to what her wise words will be as they traveled on foot towards what is known as the Shadow of Bahamut, the once known kingdom called Velorendor  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:08 pm
_____________________ally✥
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tally shook her head, a good humored smile dancing upon her lips as Rickson asked his question. “Queen? And not just that, but Tallyisha as well? Now, what did I do to deserve that?” she asked with a chuckle.

She knew her friend and brother-in-arms jested with his title calling. She was a princess only and princess she would remain, gods willing. Her older siblings and nieces and nephews were healthy and once this last threat to the kingdom was dealt with, their safety was assured as well. No, she did not want her father’s throne nor her mother’s crown. The gods had made their judgement long again and she trusted their choices. Tally had her found her calling, being shield and protector of all she loved and held dear. It was enough for her.

She tilted her head to the sky and closed her steely blue-grey eyes against the sun’s golden kisses. It was a beautiful day. On such days, it was hard to believe that such evil, such as that which she and those brave souls with her hunted now, could exist. But Dramon has assured her that it did. And that was something she simply could not allow to stand. So despite the protests of her family and the rest of the nobility, (for what place it is truly for a princess to go out dragon hunting?) she found herself upon this open and long ago abandoned road.

The horses had to be left at their last rest station two days’ back. The scent and influence of the dragon was strong and powerful enough at that distance to spook and shy away even the steady and battle-trained war steeds they all rode upon. And with those creatures spooked, it was little wonder then to find this land nearly devoid of any and all animal life. The first day and night had been unsettling without the call of birdsong or the squeak of bat to fill the air.

Now, to ward off the growing apprehension and nervousness, they had taken to talking with mindless chatter to fill the air. Tally had not only allowed it, but she also encouraged it. These were the bravest men she knew; the strongest and most loyal companions she could ever ask for. When she had announced her decision to go hunt down and slay Bahamut, these were the ones who sought her out and asked for her permission to join her. And so she and they pressed onward to their dark destination to cross blade with claw and honor with evil to sweat, bleed, and perhaps to die on this quest to bring ensured peace to their lands.

Her men joined her in her laughter as she rejoined Rickson’s question. The laughter was good. It meant they were able to keep their spirits from flagging completely in this desolate land. But even she could catch the strained tones underneath it. The sooner they were done with their deed the better.

So to keep the chatter alive, she pressed her lips together and made a show of considering the question.
“After I have become a living legend by all but ensuring the long and no doubt to be prosperous reign of my brother; what else is there for a girl to do?...That is a question. Apparently I have not planned as far ahead as yet as you fine gents have,”

The paladins chuckled. Fine gents indeed. The princess knew them all well enough. She had spent plenty a night around their fires and more days upon the practice fields with them to know the truth of their “gently” ways.

Tally raised a hand, which had been resting comfortably upon the plain silvered pommel of her sword. Absently, she pushed back a stray strand of her brown hair which had managed to escape the functional braid it had been woven into that morn.
“Well, after hearing all that you will be doing, there will be little else for me to do after this, Though I could retire, sit by the fire, drink my ale, and indulge my nieces and nephews by spoiling them rotten...Of course, I could also try to learn how to be a proper princess. Not sure how well that would work out though...What say you, men? Would there be hope for me yet?” She was inviting good natured razzing, she knew. She also knew it was their way of showing their affection and loyalty to her, gods knew she took part in enough of it herself, and was important for keeping morale up. So let them tease her. She would simply tease back.

As long as they were able to continue to laugh. It was enough for her and she would endure most anything. These men were willing to die for her. This was the least she could do in return.

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving
but know this
when it comes to matters of protecting
my friends, my family, and my heart
do not trifle with me
for I am the most powerful and relentless creature
you will ever know

angeldenoche

Epicdragon55

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:40 am
angeldenoche

((Dont know how you got those fancy little symbols for the name but I like it, I'll try it with beginning posts of Bahamut and see how it all goes.))

_________________________________________________________________________________Ƀahamut♈

User Image

Standing in his time of silence, the emptiness of what was once a royal throne, the hallway floors covered in dust as the cold stone floors were as dark as the walls. The winds were shattered and broken, shards of glass on the floors and outside, the weakened and wounded kingdom barely standing at it was.

Before this chaos had begun, these hallways use to shine so beautifully, the royal king and queen sat upon their throne as he stood by them as a Guardian. He wasn't a Tyrant, he wasn't a King, he was what he is and always will be, a Elemental Guardian.

These hallways no long serve as a sight to see the royal blood or him, it was now a battlefield, a battlefield to those who came here to challenge him, and for hundreds of years, many people have come with only one thought in mind, to kill a blood thirty demon. So many lives have been taken here, but not a single body or a drop of blood was seen on these dust cover floors.

Turning his back to the main door, he would stand there and wait, so silent and patient, he would await for the arrival of his coming guest, one that would try to kill him as all the rest have, but this pointless fighting and killing, it cannot continue, how much more will his dying heart have to take because someone wanted to spread lies?

Upon the traveling group of warrior, the walked along the side of the princess, who they considered their queen, she wasnt the polite type to sit at a table and discuss politics and gossip while war raged on, she's be the one on the front lines defeating enemy troops personally of that war.

"Well, if you did no have hope would God himself have you standing here, about to free the lands of this cursed beast and purge evil of this world?" One spoke as they continued walking, the trees around them becoming less of the color they are as was the grass, the land slowly turning dark and of ash and dead tree, getting closer to the kingdom of Bahamut.

One of the soldiers kicked up some of the ash, smelling the area around him, "For a demon he sure lives as one... ash. This place reeks of unholy and foul deaths and murders." Rickson spoke as the path was barely visible and was soon nothing more than ash covering the ground and trees surrounding them, a gap between them that lead to a dark kingdom far in the distance.

The soldiers soon became silent and it was the howl of a wolf was all that could be heard, echoing through the wind, and soon another howl was heard. It was from the dark woods, large wolves nearly nothing but skin and bone as a large heard approached the warriors from all directions, the hungry wolves not caring about what they faced, as long as they had something to eat. Their sharp white fangs showed as they drooled, looking at what they hoped would be their next meal.

"It seems the demon is putting a small test against us, only the strong and bare will go forth to face him." Trench spoke as he reached back, withdrawing with both his hands, the large broadsword at his back and holding it firmly in both hands as the others withdrew their short blades and held them in one hand, seeing these wolves as a small warmup before they got to fight the dragon, who's kingdom was still a good hour or so away on foot.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:27 am
_____________________ally✥
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Despite even their best efforts, silence seeped into their midst. The dismal and bleak landscape seemed to leech the air and very desire for life and joviality. And as the silence stretched on, the tension mounted in the unnatural stillness. More than once, Tally found her fingers gliding over the latch of her sheath, playing with the lock, flicking it on and off.

More than once, a head would snap and eyes would squint to purvey the burned out woods surrounding the road for some hidden danger. A twig snapped underfoot of one of their company and to a one, they each froze and hands moved to blades. It was then, that the princess realized they had moved into their familiar battle formation. No longer did they walk the road in open and lazy movement, but instead positioned themselves as they did when upon the battlefield, in tight formation and ready to to guard against any attack.

"For a demon he sure lives as one... ash. This place reeks of unholy and foul deaths and murders," Rickson softly observed.

Tally found she could not disagree. The whole place was stagnant, almost suffocating in the ominous and all present but unseen force that had to be Bahamut. The Dragon of Death cast a wide aura, blighting the land and poisoning all who dared to enter this domain. It was little wonder that anything could manage to live here at all. As she reached up to fiddle with a button which held fast her padded undershirt in hopes of getting more air, she heard armor clank and turned to watch Vern unlatch his helm. She couldn’t blame him, she felt like she could barely breath herself.

That was when they heard it. The howl ripped through the silence with such force of violence that Tally felt her overstrung body jump involuntarily. Habit brought her blade to bare, as it did with the rest of her companions. And that habit served them well as like smoke pouring out from a darkened building, a pack of wolves drifted out of the woods and onto the road.

She frowned, eyeing the canines. There was something wrong about them. She knew wolves. They were a common enough predator in the land that it was not uncommon to run across a pack while traveling or to be called to assist a farmer in driving off a pack that had taken to eating livestock. These were not wolves. At least not normal wolves by any normal definition. They were at least twice the size but somehow also twice as lean. Tally could almost count the vertebrae of their spines and ribs under the mangy looking coats of grey, brown, and black. Quickly, she counted seven of the hounds. Normally such odds against her and her four fellows would not be a problem. But something about the light in these creatures eyes told her it would otherwise.

“Careful,” Tally softly cautioned, “Don’t underestimate them.”

“Never fear for us,” Rickson commented, a slight lilt of forced joviality in his voice, “Do your best not to damage those pelts, boys. They just might fetch a fine price in that shop of mine that I’ll open up.”

Was it her imagination or did the hounds just laugh? Tally frowned as she watched the creatures before them start to huff in a manner that could almost been seen as laughter. To a one, they lowered their heads and continued their slow advance towards the human knights. Then, one towards the rear suddenly stopped. In unison, all of its fellows did likewise. The one who stopped first then lifted its head and howled.

The sound cut through the air like a knife and it pierced her ears. Tally shut her eyes for just a moment and a sudden scream of pain from her immediate left sprang her eyes open again.

Somehow, in the time it took her to blink, the creatures were upon them and three had set upon Rickson with sharp teeth and claws. Tally raised her blade and started to move towards her friend and brother-in-arms, as did the rest of her small company, but her way was suddenly blocked by another hound.

It almost seemed to grin at her, enjoying the game of blocking her ability to rush to her friend’s aid who cried again in pain as he fought to ward off the wolves which nipped and ripped at him.

“Get back!” she shouted, thrusting her blade at her opponent.

If it saw her as a danger, it gave no indication. Instead, the wolf dodged the blow and instead ran around the blade and charged at her. Tally quickly raised her shield and managed to deflect the creature’s sudden assault as she stepped back and around, circling around it to try and get closer to Rickson.

The air around her exploded in sudden shouts and cries, mixed with snarls, barks, and yips as everyone found themselves engaged in the attack. “Tally! Left!”

She shifted her shield just in time to feel the solid blow against the metal. The extra padding helped her absorb the shock of the impact and she was rewarded with the sound of a pain filled yip. Tally brought her sword up and thrust over it at the wolf who had tried to attack her. It nimbly danced back out of range, growling with hackles raised.

A sound behind her drew her attention and she turned just in time to see another hound charging her. There wasn’t time to reverse and raise her shield, so she guarded with her blade. It hit the snout of the creature and deflected its blow. Crimson red bloomed on its face. But rather than backing down, it attacked again with a deep growl.

Tally heard Vern yell in pain, but she couldn’t spare the time to see what was wrong. The two hounds seemed to have taken a keen interest in her and pressed her from both flanks. Again and again, she raised sword and shield in her defense, barely managing each time to deflect the incoming attacks. Soon, she lost count of the attempts.

And that was about the same time she realized she was tiring.

"Devil hounds!" Trench shouted. His declaration was followed by a yip of pain.

Devil hounds indeed. If she didn't know any better, she could swear that the two before her were toying with her, purposefully wearing her down until she could no longer defend herself or fight back. The grim problem was that it was working.

She had to end this fight and fast if she wanted to survive.

And that was going to involve pain and more than likely an injury. Tally cursed under her breath, this was not how she wished to face the dragon. But some things could not be helped and there was little use crying or wishing for other. As she had often learned to be the case over her years of combat, the only way was through.

With a cry of renewed vigor, Tally set upon the hound to her left, driving it back with both sword and shield, cursing all the while as she knew she exposed her back. There was only enough time for a quick prayer for protection as she chose to press the opening before her that she knew was coming.

Sure enough, the creature before her backed down at her counterassault, growling as it lowered its belly to the ground in preparation to spring once again when she turned to deal with the attack she knew was coming from behind. As she had before, Tally began to twist her body to deal with the wolf charging up from her back, but this time, the action was a feign. At the last moment, she twisted away, dropping her defense against the yellowed jaws coming right at her, and raised her sword to impale its companion who just leapt forward in its attack.

Flesh and meat slid easily upon her blade as a piece of cooked meat upon a skewer at a court supper. Hot blood ran down from the wound, staining the ground below. She lowered her sword under the weight and adjusted to slid it out of its fleshly sheath.

Pain exploded from her sword arm as she felt her second attacker sink its teeth into her armor. For the most part, the metal held, though it bent inward at places and bruised her skin. She could feel the front paws rack down her side and heard the rip of cloth as claws found scant traction in her heavy overcloak. The weight threatened to unbalance her and she took several short, shuffling steps as Tally brought her shield up and over, bashing it as best she could upon the creature’s head, shoulders, and body, a war cry signing from her throat.

The creature dropped off with a grunt of pain and tried to retreat.

Despite the protest of her arm, Tally forced her blade up and pressed the attack until the second creature fell lifeless to the ground. She stood there, but for a movement, trying to catch her breath and to not think too much upon the growing aches in her body when she heard the cry that chilled her blood.

The cry of death.

As one, four voices cried the name of their fallen companion, as if by declaring his name, they could somehow weave a magic that might keep his soul bound to his flesh and locked to their mortal plane.

“Rickson!”

Tally turned on heel and ran heedlessly toward the human body which lay twitching in the ash and blood soaked ground. She screamed her rage as she charged, sword high, all of her own fatigue forgotten as one of her own demanded her protection. She rushed into the tight fray with little care or concern for herself. All that mattered was that Rickson was prone, far too still, and in a growing pool of his own blood.

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving
but know this
when it comes to matters of protecting
my friends, my family, and my heart
do not trifle with me
for I am the most powerful and relentless creature
you will ever know

Epicdragon55

angeldenoche

Epicdragon55

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:49 am
angeldenoche

_________________________________________________________________________________Ƀahamut♈

User Image

As the group stood together in this dark and, in a way, a bit frightening time, the stood firm and brave and once the large wolves of nothing more than skin and bone had made their appearance, the soldiers watched and realized these were not the common canine, but one of darkness and evil, small abominations of this world that should not exist.

It was only in a fraction of that moment the wolves that once stood had made a attack, striking at Rickson, downing the man who punched and flailed at the attacking wolves, at first there was two upon him but that had quickly changed to three for a moment. It was only after one had a firm grip of his wrist, a tight twist with a firm bit the armor had unbuckled and flesh and bone pulled and ripped, the wolf fleeing with his left hand and when that one wolf had fled, three more hungry beasts came from the darkness of the black forest.

One who saw not even a moment of hear, was Trench. He stood with his hands holding his massive six foot two-handed sword, his hands down just under his chest and his sword held in a perfectly vertical position with the blade facing him, if one were to lok directly at him, they could see the striaght white line pointing upwards of the blade. He only walked forward slowly and when a wolf charged him from the side one hand regripped his sword and threw a strike, the blade came in contact with the wold just under his right leg and the blade cut cleanly through the air as if nothing where there and the blade existed in front of its back left leg.

Trench stood stained with blood after the attack and another wolf charged from behind as he began to turn with the sword over his head that came slicing down and the wolf made a quick leap to the side, the sword sliced into the ash and ground, Trench pulling on his blade, having it stuck into the earth under the ash.

He didnt struggle to long, only for a few seconds before he released his sword, leaving it there for a moment before turning to face that wolf and from his hip he drew out a small 9inch dagger, the knife not having been used yet for it still shines new and would still have the smell of the blacksmith it had been fined from.

As he faced teh wolf, the wolf came to charge him, he returned its favor and charged it with a growl but he didnt get far for another wolf pulled him back, biting onto his cape, puling and shaking it head, ripping the fine fabric. He stopped and looked back at the wolf, grabbing his cape and pulling against the wolf for a moment, and when he turned his head to look back at the wolf that charged him, it was already in the air just infront of his head with open jaws.

The wolf landed on him, jaws biting onto his helmet, his head in its jaws at it shook its head and he yelled out, his hand coming to bring the knife up and into the ribcage of the wolf, making it release him as it yelped and released him, but the wolf that once had his cape then came and latched onto his leg, biting firmly, pulling and shaking as he kicked back at it.

While the fighting had continued, Rickson laid very still on the ground, several deep gashed of bites on him after the wolves and fled from Tally. He looked up at her, blood coming from his mouth and nose as well as three bites from his neck, once having connected to his artery as he was quickly losing blood, not to mention from his missing hand and other bite marks.

He looked to her and raised his hand to reach from her, but that only brought much more pain for he saw his arm lift but nothing more, only the end of his arm where his hand would once be, he then brought his arm to him, looking at the bloody gap of his wrist, his breathing became deeper and his heart began to race as he could feel more pain rushing through his body as his hand came to grab his wrist, unable to believe his hand was gone, fearing he was going to die in this place. He was scared now, he tried not to scream as he lowered his arms and his head, laying back into the ash that covered him a bit, afraid this realm of hell would become his grave.

The wolves around continued to fight, but it seems there was a sudden moment of hope for a small shine within the sky, and from the dark clouds above, a arrow fell and struck a wolf that made a sudden cry then the arrow went through its back and into the ground. The others wolves looking to that one wolf before releasing their prey and backing away cautiously, only then a large gust of wind blew hard against all of them, wolves and soldiers with a loud roar of a dragon. The roar pushed back hard and lasted for just a few seconds and when it was over, the wolves turned tail and ran back into the woods, crying and yelping, only the corpse of the others wolves stayed and the one injured wolf that was pinned to the ground, laying in the ash with the dark arrow lodged through it.

Silence drew over the others as they began to reclaim their weapons and stand, Trench removing his helmet that have bits of drool and a foul stench upon it, throwing it to the ground as he saw no purpose for it anymore. He reclaimed his large sword from the ground and turned over to Rickson as he, Vern, and Devron walked towards their fallen companion.

Standing just on one of the many towers of his kingdom, after heaving heard the attack that was nearly a mile away, he didnt expect anything to occur, only a straight march to his kingdom and nothing more, but it seems there was a small.... difficulty on the way here. Within the tower and next to the wooden railing laid several black arrows, ones with very fine crafted steel black tips, but had a very dark and intimidating appearance, thin, twisted, pointed tips that would allow the arrow to spin quickly in the air and the bow he held was not a common bow, nor was it his, it was only a royal bow that would belong to the commander of the archers in this kingdom, but it has yet to have its wield and this was the first time he had to use such a bow, one that was large, nearly 5 1/2ft tall, about 30 pounds, one with great strength would have to use to both lift and pull its string back.

But his shot had been fired and from such a distance he held incredible accuracy, but not from the shot for he simply did what he could to get the arrow over there, firing it far and using the powers of his dark magic to guide the arrow to its target, but it appeared he didn't for if he had missed it would of landed close. And he had roared just after he fired, for any beast within will now flee and keep their distance, allowing the now one less group of soldiers to have a clear way to him.

He set the bow with the arrows and turned his back to where he once faced, walking away and down the stairs of his tower, walking slowly back to the throne room where he would assure now he could stand patiently and await their arrival, if they did not turn back from that little ordeal. He faced the main set of doors and lowered his head, closing his yellow eyes and holding his hands behind his back, his wings folded upon his back, for now all that can be done, is to wait.

03 One-on-One RPs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games