Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:48 pm
User Image

The sun blazed down from above as a dry listless breeze barely moved the dried, golden grasses. The lands in the roguelands certainly wasn't all that lush. At least not like in the Pridelands, but the browned vegetation did a wonderful job of hiding the long lioness as she made her way through the unfamiliar lands.

Rogue life. It suited Kimondo. She got to meet a few new lions and got to see a lot of things she never would have gotten to see while in the the Pridelands. To say that life was very different amongst the free roaming lands would be an understatement but Kimondo was rightly enjoying the life she had chosen for herself. She regretted none of her decisions and actions. Now she'd get to live life the way she wanted.

The tall grasses ebbed out as a herd of antelope grazed on the harsh vegetation. Thankfully she came upon them downwind. She hadn't eaten for a day or two now and hunger pangs were beginning to set in. Licking her maw she eyed the herd for an easy target. Hunting by herself meant being pickier with what she wanted to take.

After a good scan of the herd Kimondo found what she wanted. A mother and its calf were settled along the outskirts of the herd. Calves, Kimondo had found, were the easiest targets besides the sickly and were about the perfect size meal for herself.

Zoning in on what she wanted, Kimondo lowered herself to the ground and waited patiently for the perfect moment. And that moment came some time later when the herd as a whole seemed to move a bit in her direction, pushing the mothers and her calf closer to Kimondo. With a burst of energy the lioness bolted from the grasses and relentlessly followed her prey. The poor calf put up a strong chase but Kimondo was just too quick for it. A good trip up of it's back legs and it fell to the ground as Kimondo pounced on it.

Panting from her exertion, the lioness watched as the herd continued to dart away from her and her kill before turning her eyes to see if her hunt had possibly caught the attention of anyone else in the area.

Ovarian Paint

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:57 pm
User Image

The large male had been prowling over the plains, he watched as the herd shifted further away from him, and as his gaze lingered on the preybeasts while she sprang out of no where, and chased down her selected prey, he nodded impressed.

Though she seemed to melt into the land around her, much easier to hunt when you were perfectly suited for the land under your paws. Unlike the stark white brute who watched from the shade of a tree, he didnt often hunt preybeasts, it wasnt as simple as she had made it look, instead he was much more suited for fishing.

Now fishing was something he could do with ease and plenty of skill, his mother had taught him well, knowing that hunting for himself wouldnt be easy as an adult.

Kolina

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:40 pm
Kimondo's gaze landed on the white male. Huh. No wonder the herd had shifted towards her. They must have caught his scent. She glanced down at her meal and licked her maw as her breathing slowly began to ease up into something more normal. Well, she was always one for meeting strangers, and he didn't seem hostile seeing as he hadn't attempted to barge in and steal her kill.

So, she grabbed the calf in hew maw and carried it over to him, her blue eyes, in a way, almost pleading for him not to dash off on her before she could get the carcass out of her mouth and say what she had to say to him.

Finally in reach of him, and seeing her hadn't bolted on her, she dropped the meat and smiled warmly. "I know it's not much, and if you want, we can share?" She paused for a memoent before realizing how crazy she must appear. "I am sorry." She chuckled. "I bet you don't get this often, but I like to have company and meet others." She cocked her head to the side and sat down trying to look less crazy. If that was possible. She wasn't sure at this point.

Ovarian Paint

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:03 pm
He watched her, carefree blue eyes danced and sparkled in the sunlight as he watched her bring her prey closer, and closer until she was right there.

He could smell her scent on the breeze that had carried his own to the noses of the beasts that grazed not to far from them now, not worried about another attack since the predator had taken what she had needed.

"Why thank you for such a kind offer.." He said with an easy smile. "Im Enki, and I too am the friendly sort." He said with an easy laugh.."And if you share your meal with me, then you must allow me to return the favor and fish for you sometime." He offered a massive paw to seal the deal.

Kolina

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:09 pm
The lioness smiled. "I am Kimondo."

Fishing? Well now that was something she had never seen done before. She had heard of lions attempting it but this lion, Enki, seemed quite certain of his skills in the trade. "That sounds wonderful to me! I've never had fish actually. It was always easier to just hunt an antelope or zebra."

Blue eyes dance with curiosity for this male. Kimondo had seen many a pale hide lion before, but Enki's was very striking. She wondered if his supposed skill in fishing was to make up for the fact that his coat would make it quite difficult to hide himself for hunting. Though, she was sure, if he really tried, that he'd be able to hide his large white form. He'd just need to stay back further from the edge of vegetation and be careful with his movements.

Either way, she was definitely intrigued by Enki.

Ovarian Paint

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:44 pm
"Kimondo.." He repeated her name, letting it just roll off his tongue as he nodded and smiled. "A very strong name, very fitting for a strong lioness." He said with a charming wink as he chuckled lightly.

He stared at her in surprise now, pure surprise at her next words. "You've never had fish? My mother is a great fisher, and well..It is rather hard to hunt when you look like a colorful version of winter." He said with a shake of his head and a sheepish grin. "So, she taught me to fish so that I would be able to provide for myself. Ive tried hunting a handful of times..but it simply is much more challenging I think, to hunt, than it is to fish."

The large male shrugged his shoulders, "And like plenty of males..Im to lazy for to much of a challenge when it comes to food." He grinned at her joking.

Kolina

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:44 pm
"Well your mother was quite sensible then! But I don't doubt that, if you needed to, you could get yourself an antelope. As many as a male I've met all of them can be pushed into motivation by a growling stomach." She winked and chuckled.

"But yes, I'd very much like to see you fish, and to taste fish! I've heard it is very good. I must admit though, I've never seen a large fish. Does it take long to fish up an entire meal? I am sure it takes more than a single fish to feed you." Kimondo tilted her head curiously. She knew how much time it took to stalk a herd, pick out the perfect prey, get into position and ambush them. She could only imagine how much time it would take to fish if it was anything near as time consuming since she figured one would need to catch at least 2 or 3 of them to feel full.

"Anyway, if you're going to show me how to fish, we better eat. I'd hate to see daylight get away from us." With that she backed herself up a bit to let Enki have first dibs at the antelope. As hungry as she was, a part of her wanted to make sure that he was taken care of first. Was it mainly because he was promising to feed her afterwards? No. That certainly wasn't it, but she couldn't quite put her paw on why she was feeling the need to care for Enki. Not to mention the odd sensation of her pulse racing at the thought of him eat a kill she had made. These...feelings, were a whole new territory for her.

Ovarian Paint

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:04 pm
"I can manage to snag a sick, or blind preybeast usually if I cant find a place to fish, or hunger is really a problem." He said with a bashful smile as he watched her.

He only smiled at her as he watched excited ask him about fishing, and he couldnt help but chuckle lightly as he simply shook his head with gentle amusement. " Well, if I'm having a bad fishing day, an hour or two tops but normally it isn't such a sad story. And I'll find the biggest fish in the river for you.." He was rather enjoying this little chat with the lioness in front of him.

He had an easy way with females, and well males too for the matter, Enki was an easy going, likable brute.

"Fishing by night is truly a magical thing though..." He teased as she moved back and offered him first dibs on her kill, he was taken back by such a selfless gesture, he stared at her for a long moment before he bowed his head in acceptance and tore a hunk from the beast, stepping back to allow her room to do the same.

Kolina

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:30 am
"Magical, eh?" She smiled. "Well I am ready to see your skills at work kind sir." She joked playfully. To tell the truth, Kimondo always got along with others but never in such a...laid back, joking manner. She had always felt there was a dance going on between her and other males. Maybe it was because she had her mother looming down her neck wanting her to find a mate? Kimondo didn't know the answer but she did know that she was highly enjoying her time with Enki.

The smile never left Kimondo as Enki lowered his head to eat. When he stepped back to let her at the small antelope she gratefully tore a hunk of meat off. Each time she had a bite of the antelope she'd let Enki have the next. It really did not take long for the two lions to finish the carcass. There certainly would be pickings left over for any birds or other creatures to take, but Kimondo was getting more and more excited to see Enki's skills at work.

Licking her maw in an attempt to clean it she glanced up at the sun. "Well, I think you may get your wish to show me how magical fishing at night could be." She raised a playful eyebrow. "I'll let you lead the way as I am sure you know the best water hole to fish from."

Ovarian Paint

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff