Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was evening in the east, and Caihui was bored. BORED. He was tempted to skirt around parts of the east in the coming darkness, daring to get into trouble. At least it would ease his boredom, if only for a night. A slight breeze shifted the trees around him, and he suddenly decided that he'd stay close tonight. Defending his family from hidden monsters...yeah! That would be his plan for tonight.

His youthfulness meant that he had all these grand plans of what he was going to be when he grew up, and barely enough sense to keep track of where his legs were carrying him. He was darting under a bush, growling at it, and attacking a large leaf. He imagined taking down some big foe, being the hero of the east!!! And never getting in trouble again. That'd show them.

Still, he felt bored. He was thinking about running off to find one of his siblings, but as he turned around, he tripped and fell flat on his face.

"Ow!" Some hero he was going to be.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:10 pm
User Image

Jin Ye had been sitting by his mother, trying to hear the voices, when he'd gotten bored. He hadn't heard anything yet, so sitting quietly hearing nothing was really really boring.

The striped boy trotted out to find someone to be not bored with and came around a bend just in time to see Caihui Di fall. Jin Ye snickered in appreciation as he came near.

"They're called feet," the boy teased his brother. "You're supposed to walk on them, not fall over them."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:25 pm
Caihui spit out a bit of dirt and grass from his mouth. Gross.

"I know that," he whined. "Its not like I did any of that on purpose..." He shot a look at his brother before waddling over to him. It was hard for the splotched cub to stay mad, since he was craving attention and someone to play with.

"Were you with Mom?" he asked quietly. He was hoping it wouldn't be a bad answer. "Don't tell her I almost snuck out tonight..." Not that he would have gotten far, Caihui was terrible at being sneaky and someone would have caught him before he got too far out. The poor boy just didn't know it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:29 pm
Jin Ye snorted in response. Caihui never did anything on purpose, according to the splotchy boy. And yet things kept happening to him. Well, Jin Ye wasn't going to tease his brother that much right now.

"Yeah, I was, but I didn't hear any voices and I don't like sitting quietly doing nothing." Which was somewhat ironic, given Jin Ye's tendency to not speak up around any grownups, especially strangers. If asked, the cub would reply that he didn't have anything to say to them and it was partially true.

"I won't tell her, but what makes you think she won't know?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:34 pm
"Cause I'm sneaky, that's why!" He puffed his chest up, still dirty from his face plant earlier. He honestly thought he was good at anything he thought he could do, which...usually resulted in him failing, like his tripping.

"I'm just so booored. There's gotta be more things to do outside of Mom's direct line of sight." He sighed, flopping his butt onto the ground. "I can't ear anything when I sit quietly either. Is that all there is to do around here...?" Well, besides attacking giant leaves.

"Do you have any ideas?" he asked Jin Ye, his eyes shining with anticipation.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:37 pm
Uh huh. Sneaky. Right. Jin Ye didn't believe it at all, but he wasn't going to spoil his brother's obvious satisfaction. At least, not right now. Especially since the most effective cure for boredom he'd found thus far was...Caihui.

His brother was weeeeeeird. Which was pretty entertaining. Jin Ye had absolutely no idea what was going to happen next, and that was pretty fun.

"Not really," he answered distractedly, still watching his brother.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:00 pm
"Ugh!" Caihui growled at Jin Ye, unable to believe that he had no ideas on what to do!! It never crossed Caihui's mind that perhaps Jin Ye wasn't as rambunctious and....stupid as he was.

"That's no good. You should have ideas! We're all smart here," he whined, incorrectly assuming that since they were mama's cubs, they were smart, just like all of East was. "Ugggh. We could go frog hunting?" Maybe they would be out and about, it wasn't too cold yet, right?

"Or go scare our sisters so their coats fall off," he said with a snigger.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:06 pm
"Okay," the striped cub agreed readily. He didn't know how many frogs they might find, but watching Caihui attempt to sneak up on them would surely be fun. And the same for watching his brother attempt to scare their sisters...as long as they didn't think Jin Ye was also responsible. Frankly, sometimes the girls scared him most. They weren't afraid to use their claws. The boy winced just thinking about it.

"So which will it be?" he asked, to cover up his wince.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:17 pm
"Hmmmm....." He carefully weighed the pros and cons of both...which was mostly just trying to guess which scenario would get them into the most trouble. The last thing he wanted was to be forced to sit and listen all day as punishment. Soooo...

"Let's go find some frogs! If we get a little muddy along the way, well...that's just how it goes," he said with a nod and a harrumph in his voice. This was going to be awesome!

"Let's go!!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:46 pm
Frogs, eh? Sounded like Caihui wanted to avoide their sisters' claws as much as Jin Ye did. Well, frogs were agile little creatures, and had a distinct tendencey to avoid being caught by cubs.

Which would make his brother's attempts all the more fun to watch.

"Okay then," the striped boy agreed amicably. "Lead on - I haven't seen any frogs in a while."

Or they might not find any frogs at all. But Jin Ye was reasonably certain that the other boy would provide him with entertainment all the same.

It would be a good day.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas