Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:41 am
User Image

"Change is coming and the colony is still rebuilding. Our ranks are thin. Come, join us."

This will be a small event in which everyone has a chance to join the colony regardless if they already have an SoA in it already. For the most part, this will be a custom character giveaway, but you may request a semi-custom or even a random if you'd prefer.
These customs can be edited. As of 1/13, you can get items as well. Let it be noted, that none of these edits will be passable.
Please do not ask for anything -too- detailed. These are completely free.

The only real catch is that these SoA must stay in the Mlima Tuokoa. You may put in two forms. You may get two, but it is unlikely.

UPDATE 1/19/15: I noticed that there's a few posts with their two forms being connected to eachother in a way that they cannot be gotten separately. I'd like to ask that you don't do this for any future posts as it is highly unlikely I'll actually be doing both. The reasoning is simply that I'm limiting how many SoA will be given away through this thread and while I'd like to get everyone who posts something into the colony, I may have to skip over those forms in favor of allowing two people instead of one to join the colony. I really don't want to have to do that. Please reconsider if your two concepts are so closely tied that you cannot get one without the other.

UPDATE 1/22/15: Due to the rather staggering amount of scholar applications, I'm now requiring that anyone applying for the ranks of noble, scholar or lady-in-waiting to put in a second rank as an option for their form. Everyone affected by this change has been informed through a quote to my post on page 3.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:54 am
User Image

Available Ranks: Click here! - Any 'Working Class' rank. In addition to Lady-in-Waiting and Noble.
      Extra 1: If you are applying for a noble, scholar, lady-in-waiting, you are now required to put a second rank as an option for the character.
      Extra 2: Any scholar will come with a CC bird companion as they're supposed to have them.

Availability: 7/15 remaining

[size=12][b]My life for Shan Furen![/b][/size]
[size=11]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b] [/size]

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:06 pm
Notes

~ If you have any questions, PM me!
      ~ Your SoA can be a pre-existing member in the Mlima Tuokoa who was rescued after the avalanche or was away during that time.
      ~ If you want to team up with someone and have relatives or a couple, go for it!
      ~ To go with the directly above statement, you may get one part of the familiy or couple and now the other(s). Please be aware of this.
      ~ You are free to make me aware of family ties, intended mates, if they're meant to go together or any other relevant information, but please do not give me a 'both or neither' if you put in two forms. See the update in the first post about it.
      ~ Please make sure you understand the ways of the Mlima Tuokoa and its history. If you have any questions at all, PM me!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:49 pm
My life for Shan Furen!

Name: Lyubov
Species: Cheetah
Rank: Lady-in-waiting if possible. If not than Priest works too.
Personality: Lyu is sweet and kind cheetah will a passion to be a listening ear for those who need it. She finds she is well aware of the emotions and stress others feel and it stresses her out seeing others stressed themselves. Lyu just wants to help people, and is willing to put others before herself to do this.
History: Lyu would have been a pre-existing member and a Priest at the time before the avalanche hit. I imagine she would have been too scared to climb down the mountain so her having eventually found the now re-formed pride or being rescued is the most likely scenario for her rejoining.
Description: CC - I'd just prefer for her to have a white or very light cream colored base coat color.

Recruited!
(She's good for either rank~)

User Image  

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:02 pm
My life for Shan Furen!

Name: Filibert - much brightness
Species: Cheetah
Personality: Filibert is very knowledge-driven but a bit cranky, very 'get offa my lawn' and a bit snobbish around lower classes. Very loyal to his pride, though, and if anyone is in trouble - even a low class - he'll drop anything and everything to help them.
History: Filibert will have been born here and survived the avalanche, although was injured during the escape. He has a limp from a broken leg suffered from the disaster. He lost his pregnant mate in the avalanche, which is secretly the reason for his grumpy tendencies. Well...'secret'.
Description: CC in appearance. If you're feeling edit-y, getting ride of the little mane the standing lines have would be great, as well as an aloof expression - lidded eyes and a bit of a scowl, as if he were looking down his nose at you. A scar on his hind leg where a bone poking through broke the skin would be great, too!

Recruited!

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:33 pm
My life for Shan Furen!

Name: Sophocles
Species: leopard (alt lines if possible)
Personality: Sophocles is a little intense, he takes knowledge and learning very seriously. He's known to debate things till others have long since grown tired of the subject and wish to move on.
History: Sophocles was the only cub in his litter and as such it might be the reason that he is so opinionated. He grew up getting use to his own way, and never having to share. Sophocles grew up in the pride when the avalanche came he was trapped for a quite sometime. He was eventually rescued and quickly returned to his home.
Description: Ref
If you use the alt lines ignore the white parts, otherwise he ref should show it all.

Recruited!
(I hope I interpreted the leg markings right...)

User ImageUser Image  

nessiaing

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:46 pm
Due to the history of these two, I would prefer they were both picked up or neither.

My life for Shan Furen!

Name: Kai
Species: Cheetah [Old rogue]
Personality: Kai seems, at first, a very quiet, shy cheetah. She tends to keep to herself and her son, respects those who have higher rank or have been in the pride longer, and seems to spook easily. Once one befriends her, she becomes a ball of good humor, sweet mother-henning, and affection, with a dash of sass and snark. Most of the time. Occasionally, she has days where she finds it hard to pull herself out of the pit of depression, and she is prone to panic attacks if she finds herself too crowded or faced with someone yelling at her for too long.
History: Kai was part of a litter of three, and grew up loved and cared for by her parents. She was never entirely 'normal', but that was okay, because neither were her sisters, or her parents. Life was good anyways, and she had friends. Things started going downhill when a lightning storm started a grass fire that claimed her mother's life, shortly after a male had started courting Kai. The death of her mother made her vulnerable, as Kai had always been attached to her, and he swept her off her paws. For the moment. As time went on, he became controlling and abusive, cutting her off from her family and making her feel as if she deserved it all. She finally managed to escape him because she realized she was pregnant, and fled. Her sisters found her, and joined her. They paused with one group for a short time, with safety guaranteed by the cheetah leading it, so that Kai could give birth and get her lone little cub reared a little. They began running again once little Mori could, and they finally found themselves in the lands of the Mlima Tuokoa. It seemed as good a place as any to stop running.
Description: Feel free to play with it a little. The square of pink is the color her markings should be. Ref image If possible, a few scars would be good.

My life for Shan Furen!

Name: Mori
Species: Cheetah [Cub, if possible? Grows onto old rogue]
Personality: Mori is much like his mother when she's herself; good humored, mother hen-ish towards those he befriends, and very affectionate. He also tends to make it known that he doesn't like bullies and he will bite if you bully someone around him! Just because he's smaller and built more for running doesn't mean he's weak! He's also very gentle with his mother when she's having a particularly bad time of things, helping care for her.
History: Before the Mlima, Mori remembers running, and before that, a group that held that love, in all its forms so long as all parties agreed, was sacred. He knows they were running from a bad cheetah, and that now they're safe. Because of his mother's issues, Mori got very good at helping take care of her when she couldn't take care of him...with help from his aunties, of course! And now...now he fully intends to be a good boy and put his all into the place that took them in!
Description: Ref!

Recruited!

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:55 pm
My life for Shan Furen!

Name: Dele
Species: Leopard, alt lines
Personality: Unlike her identical twin Bu'kee, Dell is more in-tune with her emotions. A friends, content leopard, she's very attatched to her family, pride-living or not, and takes her duty as a guard seriously. Not unkind, Deele can be a bit of a fighter at times, causing trouble for others whom may pick on her. Sjhe, as a bynote, loves servals, and secretly wants a legion of them in her den.
History: Deele is an existing member with her brother. During the avalanche she managed to somehow escape unharmed, but frazzled, and promptly began hunting for her twin and sister-in-law. Since then she's stuck to caring for whatever is asked, and when not, she minds guard duties. While she's surprisingly strict on-duty, off-duty she's fluffy, fuzzy, and friendly and loves to talj to anyone in-pride, even servants, and enjoys a good game of play-fighting. She often worries about her parents and extended kin, however, whom she has not seen since the Avalanche, and when her twin doesn't need her, she goes searching quickly.
Description: Female twin to Red's Bu'kee! Ref is here. If sher may be edited, all I ask if the head tuft, like the original male leopard art, and only because they're identical

My life for Shan Furen!

Name: Rin
Species: Leopard
Personality: Rin is timid, gentle, and very, very shy - painfully so. Scaring easily, it's a surprise to many her mate is Bu'kee, but she loves him with everything in herself. She loves cubs - leopard, lion, and cheetah, and is TERRIFIED of wild dogs and hyenas. She does however keep bringing home small animals wanting to keep them as companions, and often gets accused of trying to hoard. All the same, she is a quiet leopard, whom is often the last to speak, but first to hide - except when cubs arte involved. Then you'll never be rid of her.
History: Rin is an erxisting member and third in a litter of four. Two boys, and two girls, Rin being the eldest daughter closest to the youngest son. Helping raise her youngest, sickly sister, Rin learned responsibility from birth, and upon meeting other cubs one day met the cub Bu'kee, quickly taking a shine to hispink coat, and even more quickly beginning to follow him around frequently. Before long upon becoming adults, they became mates, but after adulthood, they quikly met catastrophe when the Avalanche hit. Rin was nearly killed, and survived thanks to a wounded Bu'kee. She now tends to him as a doting mate, and often braves his bad days to remind him of self carte and to give him company. Deep down she worries and fears for him, but would never leave him - not willingly.
Description: Hi! (Feel free to toy with the cream, and such. The pink is meant to be a gradual fade but alter as needed to accomodate any worries. I'm totes flexible.)

Recruited!

User Image  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:59 pm
My life for Shan Furen!

Name: Bu'kee
Species: Leopard
Personality: Bu'kee is a little odd, with a mercurial personality that can leave him friendly and flirty one day, and cold and duty-bound on others. He is never really cruel, but his moods are erratic and there are good days and bad days for him.
History: Bu'kee is a preexisting member who was hurt during the avalanche and hasn't quite been himself since. That he survived at all is something of a stroke of luck, but the only permanent damage was that which gave him his 'bad days' - days where emotions are difficult for him to express or fully comprehend, and he chooses to focus primarily on his duty.
Description: Male twin to NovaCracker's entry, Dele. X

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:53 pm
My life for Shan Furen!

Name: Ryoichi
Species: Leopard (regular lines)
Personality: Ryoichi for the most part is cheery around his fellow colony members. He enjoys sharing his adventures in the rogue land to the younger ones. He does his best to be helpful around the colony.
When he in the rogue lands however, he tends to be more serious and distant toward others, going as far as using a fake name around those he does not trust.
History: Ryoichi was given to the pride at a young age. His adoptive father felt that Ryoichi needed a proper home. His adoptive father knew that Ryoichi would rather travel with him then stay at the colony. To keep him at the colony, his adoptive father told him that he was a burden on him and that it would be better for Ryoichi to stay at the colony until he was an adult. His adoptive father agreed to come back for Ryoichi when the leopard became an adult. However time passed and his adoptive father never came back for him. Feeling abandon by the only family he had ever known, Ryoichi decided that Mlima Tuokoa was meant to be his true home and family.
Description: Palette! CC design

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:58 pm
My life for Shan Furen!

Name: Nong'Oneza
Species: Lion - Old sitting down rogue please. <3
Personality: He feels subservient to all and is easily manipulated, Nong is almost entirely mute and only seems to talk in response to another. His voice is very soft, whispery, and he carries the wide-eyed demeanor of someone who has seen a little too much of darkness in the world. In truth, he's rather content with being a servant and staying out of the limelight, as it were.
History: Born into a pride that in his adolescence became war-torn, Nong'Oneza was the only son in a litter of 4, being abandoned fairly early by his mother. His father was a bit of a brute, and placed far too many expectations on him in the form of wishing him to work up the ranks and become a great leader and warrior. As the pressure mounted and Nong turned out not to be particularly strong or suitable for any leadership, his relationship with his father grew increasingly more sour. He hated the way his father seemed to disregard his litter-mates, whom he loved dearly. Two of his sisters were killed during battle, as his father fled. Nong'Oneza was searching for a place to fit in and stay safe, and in time mourn the loss of his family and pride.
Description: I would love for him to have a suitable expression with a straight mouth rather than a smile. Downcast ears would be great if that's do-able.

See ref, but feel free to tweak. The white came out a little grey, not sure why. xD

User Image

Recruited!

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:03 pm
My life for Shan Furen!

Name: Shoushan - Meaning longevity mountain
Species: leopard
Personality: A cold, calculating male he prefers his studies rather than having to deal with flesh and blood felines. He comes across as aloof and self-centered, but in reality he just has no idea how to interact socially and so takes refuge in his work. Preferring to shun others before they can shun him. Not to say he isn't confident, because he is. He is a true expert in his field of astronomy and pride history.
He is also deeply religious and would have been a priest if he had possessed the skills required. But his reluctance to speak to others precluded his joining their ranks.
History: He was a member before the disaster of he avalanche, being a born-in member of the colony. Always an independent male after loosing his parents at a young age, the avalanche and the loss of what few friends he had managed to make have pushed him even further into his self-imposed isolation.
Description: CC (I love the first two you have done so far, so pretty!!) I'd like a kind of irritated expression and narrowed eyes if possible. And edited hair would be amazing. Something Chinese-inspired maybe?
Could the bird be a falcon or eagle?

This second one is only if you wanted to do extras. Shoushan is my main idea and Im already in love with him. XD

My life for Shan Furen!

Name: Alexia: Feminine form of Latin Alexius, meaning "defender."
Species: Leopard - alt lines
Personality: Once a happy and curious cub she has been hardened by her recnt experiences and is a much more subdued adult.
History: Niece to Junius. She went missing during the pride's recent turmoil but was found by Heinrich and has followed him home. Her time away from the colony has been harsh and she is now blind in one eye and much scared by battles with rogue leopards and the odd lion.
Description: She is related to Junius and they are each other's only surviving relatives. So I'd like her to look enough like the elder female that their connection is obvious. I'd love it is one ear was notched and scared and one eye closed by the scar that cost her the sight in it. (If not just make it a milky white colour) Some kind of hair edit would be great too.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:12 pm
My life for Shan Furen!

Name:
Species: Leopard, new lines
Rank: Captain of the Guard or Guard if he can't be captain
Personality: He loves what he does. A fight excites him. He's completely at home when he's defending the colony away from attackers, be they part of the colony or felines trying to get in. He's the kind of male who will take glory in dying in battle. Every bit a warrior. If he's not fighting, the male is honestly bored and probably whining about it to someone. He may also try to get any other guards to spar with him, so he has a feeling they avoid him on principle when they're tired of him.
History: Since the day he was born he was bigger than his littermates. He was clearly built for pure power. Growing up he defended his meeker siblings, mainly his sisters. He was taught by his father to fight, how to live and thrive in the heat of battle.

Unfortunately for him, his siblings were killed when a lion came into their den seeking a home. He tried as hard as he could to protect them, but the lion got his eye and scared him up badly before tossing him out of the den. To this day he doesn't know what happened to his siblings bodies.

His parents didn't return, fearing all their cubs killed and not wanting to risk the lion attacking them as well. So he was left alone to die. However, his willpower proved strong and he managed to crawl into this colony where he was nursed back to health and treated like family.
Description: Inspiration, more inspiration.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:29 pm
My life for Shan Furen!

Name: Polee
Species: leopard (old lines)
Personality: Polee is very soft-spoken and gentle. She does very well in the snow and has a positive outlook that often provides a silver lining to any situation. She is tender with birthing mothers and newborn cubs, and is patient and encouraging of all young folk. She has a heart of gold, though she can be a little shy around strangers or newcomers, and has a terror of male lions She never ventures beyond the boundaries of the colony, being very content to be a homebody.
History: Polee was born and raised in the colony. A terrible encounter with a male lion when she was very young has resulted in her shortened tail and her deep-seated fear of male lions. She will flat refuse to go anywhere near them, servant or not. She never talks about the incident, however, and usually faces life's ups and downs with a smile. She had a cubhood friend who she came to love when they both hit adolescence. They are solid mates, never to be parted except by death. They are deliriously happy, and hope to have cubs someday.
Description: Soft cream-white. Brown eyes. Black nose. Slightly darker cream inside the ears. slightly darker cream along the edges, faded into the lighter cream-white of her body. Tiny black heart on the inner part of her further foreleg. If possible, her tail should be clipped to a nub. If that isn't feasible, simply missing some of it would be fine too. (She is an OC of a toy from my childhood that was a polar bear, thus the silly name, the coloring, and the shortened tail.)
Ref

NOTE: Should she be chosen to be created, this would mean Pfeffer would also automatically need to join as an existing member, as he is her mate and childhood friend. (He's also an OC of a stuffed toy from my childhood.) I'd apply for him to join immediately upon notice that she'd been picked.

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear, Pfeffer is already made. I own him, and he's just waiting for Polee to be created before I start rping him.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Truth.Be.Told

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:53 pm
My life for Shan Furen!

Name: Miyu
Species: Cheetah [Old rogue]
Personality: Miyu is very logical, organized, and observant. She tends to be very impatient with repeated questions and tends to set about putting order into chaos when she can. She does have a protective streak when it comes to her family, and anyone in her care. She far prefers to heal than hurt, however.
History: -linked to Das Tor's Kai and Mori- Miyu was the middle born in a litter of three, and was always a very quiet cub. As she grew, she learned to patch up wounds, tend illness, and organize things when everyone else was so chaotic. After the death of their mother, Miyu noticed Kai growing more distant as a male wooed her away, until eventually Kai just vanished. Miyu and the eldest of the litter, Emer, searched, and found Kai once more. And she was pregnant, and had obviously been abused. The three fled, stopping for only a short time when Kai's lone cub was born, and eventually they found their way to the Mlima. Miyu has decided it's as good a place as can be for refuge and a new home. And she's taken to the rank of Priest rather well, seeing as she has no interest in cubs and wants to just tend others.
Description: Ref, she's Kai's litter-sister.

[IC] Mlima Tuokoa Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff