Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]
[PRP] Tempered flames (Paa'ndani angu'mtima/Kijivu Dunia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:11 pm
User Image The mountains were vastly different from not only the swamps, but the desert as well. Growing up on the dunes, Paa was no stranger to climbing all the time, even if the mountain paths did no shifting as the sand dunes did. It made it... Easier. The large lion's mane had finally fluffed back out from the cords it had turned into in the swamp, a mass of black hair with a streak of cream up the front.

He'd come a long way from his days entering the swamps to now, when he'd felt a form of shame for his colorations that were completely wrong for the Firekin. Now he felt pride, for his colors made him... Unique. The gold that peeked amid the white and clay-mud brown were glorious flecks, and the rest was... Simply stunning. They now felt appropriate on the mountain, as he walked along one of the cliff paths, the white of his coat like snow and the gold like summer grass. Truly, he was at peace with himself.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:33 pm
User Image
Kijivu felt it odd to one minute having been learning to live in the swamps to suddenly being in the mountians that she had no trouble with getting around which suited her just fine. she had been unsure about the swamps when she first decided to join with her two brothers but it had not taken long for her to actually become at home in her new pride. she had not made many friends though besides her one friend who was the first pride member she had met. while walking along the cliff path, she was thinking about her parents and other random things. which she really should of been paying attention because she was about to get a sudden surprise of a big pretty golden paint male in her path.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:33 pm
He had been distracted by the view of the lands down below, paying just enough attention to where he was going so as to not fall and hurt himself. Or die... Neither prospect appealed to the paint-marked lion. He'd never even had his own family. Of course, a problem with that was... He was unsure of what kind of mate he'd BE. He'd grown up with his father distant from him and his fellow Huria brother, and their mother... Some of his siblings had been closer, but he'd felt no real connection. And then his father had gone on to be his aunt's mate! Paa couldn't help but feel disgusted by it, and it only mounted on his psyche and worries and that lioness was walking right toward him. Paa came to a sudden stop, planting his paws firmly and lifting his head, preparing his large frame for just in case she walked right into him. His dark eyebrows were up as he let out a surprised, "Whoa!"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:59 am
Kjivu went into a sudden halt that sent her flat on the ground from tripping over herself when she heard the large male's voice. she had though she had been alone all this time and was shock to hear a voice when in reality she should of saw him coming way sooner. but no with her deep in her thoughts, she had not been paying attention at all and now this is where she got herself. luckly she had not hurt herself too bad and had some scraps but managed not to fall off the cliff trail which would of resulted in worse. still on the ground in the dirt and making a fool of herself in front of someone she had never spoken too or so she felt. quickly her paws over her eyes, she groaned and hated how stupid she felt for making a huge idiot of herself. but covering her eyes and willing the situation to go away wasn't going to work at all as she stay put. though honestly she should of been happy that she had only made a fool of herself and not gone falling off the cliff trail.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:44 pm
The paint-marked male tilted his head, watching the lioness for a moment, before he leaned over so his face was closer to hers. "Hey, it's alright. We both noticed before we had an accident!" A very deadly accident, no less. He offered a smile, something he'd done so much since joining the Jini, he no longer had issues with it. He'd rarely smiled in the Firekin, growing up, with how he tended to get ignored by his father. But since coming here... It was easy. "I wasn't paying much attention, myself, so there's no need to be embarrassed about it." Hopefully, anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:13 pm
Kijvu uncovered her eyes finally and was not shocked to find that he was so close since his voice had been right there. his smile made her feel more at easy about the whole thing even though she still felt majorly stupid at the moment. "you are very right. at lest nothing major happened." giving a small smile in return, she was slowly getting over the fact she had embarrassed herself in front of him specially cause he seemed so nice. "umm i'm Kijvu Dunia. i'm sorry for the way i kinda almost walked right into you." though she had no doubt he could handle himself as he seemed way bigger than her brothers.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:00 pm
He leaned sideways slightly, looking over the cliff's edge. "Yeah, it could have ended a lot worse... I'm glad our walking into each other ended how it DID end!" He stood back up, stretching a bit after having bent over. "I am Paa'ndani angu'mtima." He paused. "But I suppose Panda would be a good nickname... My adoptive sister calls me that a lot." What even was a panda?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:22 pm
She looked over at the edge and cringed at the thought of things having gone different. "its nice to meet you. though i wish it hadn't been because of almost running into you." now that the stress was all gone she could manage a chuckle about the situation. " that's a cute nickname they gave you. i'm usually just called Kijvu for short by my two brothers." now that she had thought about it, she didn't have any interesting nick names like he did. but with his name she could see how his adoptive sister would end up calling him Panda and couldn't help but find it adorable.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:12 pm
"Perhaps it was fate that had us on the same path today!" What were the chances, after all? He couldn't help but admire her, looking her over. A part of him felt rebellious finding her particular shade of grey attractive. Back in the Firekin, it wouldn't be acceptable to stick around. It was like... A cooled stone, wonderful feeling. In fact, he was finding he liked the mountains much more than the swamps or the desert. The cool air was easier to breathe.

He chewed his lip in momentary thought, then closed one eyes while looking at the lioness. "What about Vudu? A combination of the end of the first part of your name with the start of the second part!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:36 pm
" you are probably right. who knows what we would of been doing if we had not almost walked into one another." she now got herself a little lost in thought about what could of happened if she had not crossed paths with him. but it was rather easy to get her attention again when he suddenly came up with a nickname for her. a huge grin came to her face as she was super happy to suddenly have a nick name and from someone she only just met. though she had to admit he was a cute certain someone to have given her a nickname with his blazing yellow markings. " i love it!" she almost wanted to bounce around all happy but with the trail they were on she knew better than to, so she had to just show her happiness with a huge grin.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:03 pm
Paa chuckled as he watched the lioness, then motioned with his head. "Care to join me for the rest of my walk? I wasn't going anywhere in particular." He had no real destination, just enjoying the cool mountain air. If he wasn't mistaken, he swore he saw a touch of snow and ice higher up, too. He loved it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:12 pm
"if you really dont mind me joining you, i'd love too!" she had nothing else better to do and so far she was enjoying his company. there was a bounce in her step as she was more than ready to go for a walk and maybe they would end up having a adventure. with how today was going it seemed anything could happen and she was more than ready to find out where the rest of the day would take her.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces