Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[PRP] On Time, Arriving Too Late (Rumi x Kito)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rumi's heart fluttered as she finally arrived to the training field. Her conversation earlier with Nyneve only complicated her feelings on this situation. She had only really known of him for a day, so there really wasn't anything there yet. Just...lots of curiosity, anxiousness, and a bit of hope.

First, though, would be the planned spar. This was a test to see if she would be a good candidate for guardship, and eventually (hopefully!) a solider. A new purpose in her life.

When she approached, however, it seemed oddly...empty. She felt her heart sink, but there was another form that she couldn't ignore. The Duke. What was he doing here? Why was it so quiet? She slowly approached him, trying her best to not panic. Did something happen to Tie Shi?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:43 pm
User Image

A lioness approached the training field and the half-asleep duke's head jerked up as the sound of her footsteps met his ears. The sun had already set and he had been the only one to show since Thrain had left him to keep his seat warm.

"You must be Lingchen." Kito spoke, breaking the silence between them. He didn't know every lion in the North, despite the intelligence he received so hopefully she was the right lioness or else this situation would become awkward very quickly. She was concerned, that much was evident. Expecting the captain and to be met by a duke instead. He could only imagine how she must feel with that happening to her. Why, he downright felt sorry for the poor girl. Still, Thrain had left him here with a mission to complete and even though he had no obligation beyond being the captain's friend, he was determined to see it through. "I hope I didn't disappoint you too much by not being the one you were looking for. Tie Shi wanted me to wait for you."

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:21 am
Rumi made sure to nod to the duke before acknowledging his statement, and his presence. This gave her time to compose herself. Clearly if he said that Tie Shi wanted the duke to wait for him, that meant that he was ok. Breathing, at least. Still, something must have happened if he wasn't here...right?

Suddenly the rush of doubt filled her again, and it took all she has to hide it from the duke. There never was a promise, nothing guaranteed. It was a whim of an idea, something that she hoped would be a reason to see him more.

"I see," she answered when she rose her head up to look at the duke. "I am very grateful that you let me know, Duke Shan." She nodded her head to him in thanks. "I hate to be forward, but did he leave a reason?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:23 pm
"Rescheduling?" The duke's laughter soon filled the air as his belly giggled while he did. "Why, he's surely on his way to the Pridelands by now. Gone for..." How long was it again? "About two or three months, give or take a few days. He was waiting for you up until a few hours ago, but seems like the emperor had other ideas and made him leave sooner than Tie Shi originally had expected."

It was odd. She was so worried for the captain that there were almost no formalities between them. Of course Kito assumed it was because her mind was pre-occupied with worry for the captain. Even he had to admit that he was worried for his friend. It was a long journey to the Pridelands, one he would like to make some time, maybe with his wife and children...Children? Now he was just getting ahead of himself. Shaking his mane out, he watched her, curious how she would take the news of Thrain's departure.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:28 pm
He...waited? Rumi's heart skipped a beat at that, amazed that he had been waiting for her before the agreed apon time. Did he forget about his orders, or did they change in those few hours before she arrived here? She wouldn't know, not for a long time. Maybe not ever Why hadn't she arrived earlier, to perhaps sneak a glance before their spar? Because you would trip yourself up, you fool, she told herself.

She felt a little ashamed, almost fearful when the duke laughed at her seemingly innocent question. Clearly it was innocent, because she had no idea what had happened to the captain, but the duke most certainly did. It struck a different sort of chord in her, and her eyes widened when he mentioned the emperor. No one was just given a simple task from the emperor. Especially not a captain.

"I see," she replied quietly. "It is quite the honor for the North for Captain Tie Shi to be in direct service for our emperor." She offered her duke another polite bow, suddenly feeling the crushing weight of nobility above her. Tie Shi might not be in the same height as Duke Shan, but he caught the eye of the emperor.

"Y-you must be proud," she added on, her voice still quiet, body posture respectful. She was numbing herself to the fact that he was gone. She would handle those emotions later, alone.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:38 pm
"He has progressed since he arrived, and quickly at that. I'm not quite sure if the emperor chose him because they're family or because of his proven skill. We won't know that until he returns, I suppose." Birds from the Pridelands, messages from Thrain's sister that had pass through him and others, had told him much of what he knew of the captain while the rest Thrain had told him himself. Still, Thrain was a captain now and had only joined months ago. That and his saving duke Jilie in the West surely helped gain recognition from the emperor.

Shifting on the cold ground, he glanced her over. Thrain had been waiting for her, for whatever reason and if he knew his captain well enough, he knew that he wouldn't have done that for just anyone. "You're too formal, Lingchen. Relax. I may be a duke, but I'm still a member of the North, just like you are." Why Thrain had been so interested something that Kito was determined to find out while the captain was away.

"Are you proud? To be part of the North, that is?" It was something he had always been curious about. The North was so much different than the other houses. Were the members of it proud of who they were as much as the other houses' members were?

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:55 pm
Numbness. That was how she was going to survive this flood of information that was assaulting her. She knew that she didn't know that much about him; hell, she didn't even know that he wasa captain when she first saw him. She had learned that much, and had hoped to slowly learn more as she tried to develop her new career path. All of those ideas just swept themselves down off the mountains.

"I shall try," she nodded, feeling herself relax a bit. She didn't want to sit, too fearful of not being able to get herself back up. She hoped that he would notice that she wasn't as tense as she was a moment ago. She had not been expecting his next question, though.

"I am very proud of my home. I've lived her since I was found alone as a juvenile, and don't wish to be anywhere else. A soldier acquaintance made me question my complacency in staying as a hunter instead of trying to enroll into the guards. He said that my stubbornness and stupidity in hunting boars may be better suited there." She laughed "I was depating just that when I crossed paths with the captian. He said that he could give me some advice, mattering on how our spar went."

Though she didn't totally spill her heart, she definitely over shared. Now the duke had the backstory as to why they were going to meet here at these sparring grounds. She glanced over towards the sun, setting even more deeply. It would grow dark soon, and part of her wished the sun would reverse itself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:04 pm
"Oh? I hadn't realized you were nearly raised here." That was certainly news to him which had caught the duke off-guard, obviously so by the surprised look on his face as she spilled her history to him. It was something he hadn't been expected, but it was a nice way to break the formalities between the two of them. He wanted to be a friend to some of the members of the North, not just their duke or superior.

A silence sat between them as Kito tried to find the words to aid the young huntress. Normally his wisdom was overflowing, to a point even that he would told to dam the river. The river being his mouth. At least his belly helped him with speaking this time by having it gurgle to help break the awkwardness. The duke could not help but laugh. "I would miss your boars though, Lingchen~" He had been lucky to taste some of those she caught here and there.

"But, if you feel like your calling it elsewhere, then I will help you while our captain is away. You are a friend of his and he is a friend of mine. So you must be a friend of mine as well, right?" Maybe lightening the mood would help. It felt too somber and stiff for his usual bright attitude.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:15 pm
It didn't really surprise her (nor offend her) that the duke did not realize she was raised here. It was a safe assumption that she joined as an adult, having no blood relatives living within Tianxia. The scraggly number of hunters had become her family as she grew, and so she was used to the wrong assumption when meeting new people. Her fluency in handling Tianxian customs and culture usually shut up anyone who didn't believe her.

Still, it did feel like an honest confession from the duke. Did he care to try to learn the stories of everyone within the North? Hmm...

"I'm sure I could sneak away once in a while to catch you one," she laughed. "They're the best challenge that we have to hunt, and I may miss that challenge!" Her tail twitched behind her, feeling her body lighten up with the laughter. The numbness of her conflicted feelings about Tie Shi were whispering in the back of her mind as she laughed, and she quickly hushed them up.

"I...yes." Was she really a friend of Tie Shi? She could only hope, but she wouldn't know for months. "Yes. Perhaps I should enroll in guardship even without his advice. I'm not sure I could wait around for that, I'm actually anxious to start. I've spent so long thinking that I was best serving the north as a hunter, but now I believe differently," she said with a warm smile to the duke. This was much more helpful than she thought it would be, talking to Duke Shan like this. He knew Tie Shi, and this made her feel a bit closer to him, wherever he was.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:24 pm
"Then it's settled then. I'll inform...goodness, I suppose Tie Shi would have been your superior, but now I suppose one of the majors' are who you should answer to, unless you'd prefer to answer directly to me." He was formally trained, most of his siblings were. He outranked anyone outside of his brother and father and they wouldn't likely complain about him taking on a pupil of his own or even care really. But he was interested to see why the captain had taken an interest in her.

Another rumble came from his stomach.

Instead of laughter, Kito simply chuckled. "Perhaps after supper though. Would you like to join my wife and I, Lingchen? Company for dinner is always nice on these chilly nights."

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:33 pm
"Ah...." Well, she hadn't been expecting this! "Y-yes, I would like both of those things very much," she said nervously, then laughed to shake off the nerves. This was going to make things more interesting, and she also hoped that it would help speed up her training. She was ready to learn, eager to please, and determined to be a skilled soldier. It was a pity that Tie Shi wouldn't know for a long time.

"Supper sounds delightful, and I would love to meet your wife." If she recalled correctly, she was from the West, and was probably going to stun Rumi regardless of what she did. She had heard many stories of the West, but couldn't imagine how they really were. Crafts, jewels, artistry. Even if it was 'just' a simple dinner, it would be an opportunity she wouldn't forget.

"Thank you, Duke. I appreciate this." The first step to her new career!  
[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games