Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Just Browsing (Borr & Nergui) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:06 pm
Borr's explorations of the tower had been shallow strolls through the halls, peeking here and there for anything interesting, but the quiet solemnity of the Death clan didn't offer much in the way of excitement. He'd been deliberately avoiding the temple, not yet comfortable with reminders of his family, and so now he loitered in the barren library.

Barren wasn't an entirely accurate description as there seemed to be small collections crowded here and there, but a great many shelves were bare or with only single volumes. He'd been hoping for help with his brewing, books on plants or ingredients, even a cook book would have been a nice refresher but instead he found a lot of very dry histories (things some priestess had probably saved, something viewed as 'valuable').

The biggest surprise were the small bound volumes that looked to be hand written and the covers fairly new. There were (some crudely) drawn covers with blowing wind and horseman bursting from their blouses as they embraced on mountain tops or amongst piles of human corpses.

The large horseman ended up sitting, hunched and oversized, in a chair with one of the books clutched in his giant hands. The cover had a red headed war horseman dipping a sable haired stallion in his arms. Both had rippling muscles and were covered in blood splatter... and it was awful.. and amazing.

beejoux

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:51 am
It was still a sad thing to see; empty shelves, history lost, knowledge forgotten. Nergui mourned those losses, they made her heart hurt, but still, the library was one of her personal haunts. A place of refuge, quiet and calm, where she felt utterly at ease. It was so familiar to the mare, an anchor to her past and a piece of her future. She loved the smell of the paper and ink, the scrawl of hand written pages and the press of titles into the cured leather that bound them all together. She missed her tower, the circular room with it's overflowing shelves, but this could do, did do, in it's stead, and she and Soren were working on building their own collection back home.

But she was here today, creeping quietly though the aisles, between shelves, through the woefully lacking volumes. Lamenting the emptiness, though each new addition she noted brought a certain measure of pleasure. They were not lost. They were rebuilding. One day they would thrive again.

The future was here.

She was tracing fingertips along the spines of a few newer additions when the soft sound breathing and the turn of a page pulled her attention. It often did, forcus fleeting. A glance, and usually back to the books, but the stallion she spotted sitting on his own was a mountain of a male, and she couldn't help the lingering stare, the blink of mismatched eyes.

Then she spotted the volume in his hands, the tell tale art of the cover, and though she tried to suppress it, the priestess let out a soft, amused giggle.

iloveyoudie

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:27 am
The giggle caught him quickly and Borr's shaggy head darted up guiltily. It'd been a long time since he'd heard laughter besides his own and the halls of Death weren't exactly the merriest of places.

The book was clapped shut around one finger (to keep his place) and he spun to catch his audience.

"I .. uh.. ah..." Borr stammered in baritone and his cheeks, naturally pink, had turned a darker ruddier shade. He literally had no explanation for his choice in literature.

beejoux

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:23 pm
The mare pressed her hand over her mouth, smiling behind the press of fingers as his head shot up and he closed the book with a snap. "I hear that's a good one." It was a lie, she'd heard nothing of the sort. The sort of romance novels Soren had red through did not typically star two stallions.

When she thought she had her features under better control she dropped her hand, palms smoothing along her thighs as she took a couple of steps closer to him. Not saying anything, yet. Just that friendly, amused smile.

iloveyoudie

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:15 pm
"It's.." Borr's mouth moved as if her were going to debate or deny but instead defaulted to a sheepish shrug. "It is interesting."

He had a small pile next to him of similar books, though besides them being 'romances' and most of them seemingly written by the horseman themselves, the volumes were all different. One book had a a woman and a man, another two women, and another had 3 people of indistinguishable gender. Besides that were several books on flora and fauna of the Halloween world. They were newer, as if added recently to the library, but barely touched by the clean crisp manner of the pages.

Borr recognized the look of a priestess when he saw one and bowed his head a moment in respect. "Am I in your way my lady?" The stallion straightened respectfully, as if he would move at a word, and revealed himself to be even larger than he'd been hunched over his book.

beejoux

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:20 am
Interesting was certainly one way to describe the salacious romance novels. Nergui's smile remained, unwavering, as she took in the pile of books stacked up beside his chair. Curious as to if he'd been the one to collect them all, or if they had been their when he took the seat and merely picked up the top most volume out of curiosity.

As he stood her eyes widened a touch, but the priestess was used to Giants like Soren and Wrath, and though thicker than either, he wasn't anymore physically imposing.

"You aren't in my way." She wasn't headed anywhere in particular, at least not at the moment. "What's your name?"

Perhaps a bold question, but introductions were proper protocol for a first meeting, and Nergui had definitely never met him before, she would have remembered.

iloveyoudie

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:15 am
"Oh.." The stallion piped in realization that he hadn't introduced himself. He stood now and bowed to the priestess. "Borr. Recently returned from exile. Widower of Helg," she had been a priestess as well, their daughter Bestula her guardian. "perhaps you knew of her."

There was a softness in the way he said her name and she was the sole reason he'd yet to visit the temple. His time away had adjusted him to the idea of their absence, but back among their people he felt the loss more keenly.

beejoux

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:15 am
His name rang no bells, but his late wife, that was a name she recognized. Mismatched eyes blinked, features sobering just a touch, and she tipped her head in a respectful nod of a bow. "I'm sorry for your loss. I did not know well, but I was familiar with her." In truth, Nergui had been a solitary creature in the past. There were few priestesses she had known beyond the recognition of name and face.

Taking another step closer she offered the large stallion her hand. "I'm Nergui. If you need anything, do not hesitate to ask." The mare was an Elder, she had been there for the fall, the slow recovery in the reserve, and their triumphant rise into the tower of the ancients.

iloveyoudie

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:24 am
Borr nodded his thanks for her condolences and his posture sunk back to normal. He stood naturally hunched, as if always carrying a burden upon his wide shoulders.

The stallion took her hand and respectfully tickled his lips and mustache across the back of it. "A pleasure, preistess." He knew well the authority they commanded and deserved. Making a strong connection could only do him well in the long run.

"You also. I have a small mead hall in the front of my quarters. If you're ever looking for something strong," a smile broke out under his facial hair. "And not that famine poison."

Borr's gaze dragged over the books and settled on the couple he'd grabbed on plants. "Do you know if we have anything else like this? I seem to only find these... romances."

beejoux

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:37 pm
A pleased little smile touched dark lips as he lay the ghost of a kiss against the back of her hand. More a tickle of whiskers then the brush lips, but respectful all the same. "The pleasure is mine."

Brows arched at the mention of a mead hall, and those glittering eyes lit up. "Do tell." It had been a long time since the mare had had good, strong mead brewed by a member of her own clan. It was a taste she mourned. "I will have to pay your establishment a visit."

As Borr's gaze drifted, her's followed, and she gave a small nod at his question. "The library is woefully barren still, but there are merchants in the market place that are selling new and recovered books. I was just there myself not too long ago, and we found a scroll on gardening. I would imagine you could find something more to your tastes there." She couldn't recall if she'd seen anything on brewing specifically, but there had been a wide variety.

"It you ever find yourself seeking out reference for history, I myself have been amassing collection since the fall of the isles, and I would not mind sharing." He would, of course, be required to come to her home to peruse her personal collection, but that shouldn't be a problem.

iloveyoudie

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:54 am
"Oh it's not much." Borr now rubbed the back of his neck under his thick white hair. "But I brought some brews from while I was away. I couldn't yet claim space for a proper tavern so I converted my front room. But please feel free to stop if the door is open."

His eyes drifted over all the books as hers did and he flipped open one of the few books on flora. It was full of sketchy drawings of plants with technical looking captions. As with many things from Halloween there was a measure of cartoonishness that didn't quite lend to his uses.

"Thank you for the offer." He closed the cover and the book almost disappeared under her large hand. "History is not quite my forte. I prefer ahh..." his mouth quirked in search for the proper phrasing and his eyes didn't quite meet hers that moment, "to let the past be for now. I'm finding it much easier to look forward."

He could recognize the merit in cataloging their history as well as reading back on it, but for the stallion the past was full of things he didn't want to think about.

"How are you finding this place of ours?"

beejoux

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:54 pm
She would definitely be seeking out his place, and she would bring Soren along with her. The stallion would surely love having the chance to visit a horsemen tavern again, and aside from hard ciders, the two had not yet done much drinking together. It was one more avenue they could go down together.

The was a note of something in his soft turn down of her offer, and a thoughtful look crossed the priestess' dark features before she gave a small dip of her chin in a nod, smile returning. "I understand." They had all lost much in the fall of the aisles, some more than others, but there was pain enough to go around. However a horseman chose to handle that pain, they had that right. Nergui wouldn't pry, she had her own losses.

The tower was an easier thing to talk about, and Borr had picked the right mare to ask about it. Her smile brightened, proud. "Certainly it is no circle of islands, but it is home. We are want for nothing within these strong walls." It was hard to say, but it was possible that Nergui's affection for their tower home sprung from having endured existence in the reserve. They had had nothing, built from the ground up with sticks and mud and scrapes from Halloween. It could hardly be considered existence, let alone living.

iloveyoudie

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:19 pm
"Were ye in the reserve?" His eyebrows rose. He'd been spared that experience and so the tower seemed small and cramped compared to their former glory. She seemed fond of this place though and such he was curious as to what the other had endured in his absence.

beejoux

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:22 am
"I had the good fortune of enduring the reserve, yes." The sarcasm and bitterness was thick on her tongue, but she took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, regaining her serene smile. The reserve had seemed a blessing directly after the assault on their home, but after weeks had turned into months it had lost all manner of appeal.

iloveyoudie

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:08 am
"I'm sorry ye had to endure that." Borr sagged with misplaced apologies. He had nothing to do with it, yet he felt as a soldier that it would always be his duty to shoulder burdens not meant for his betters.

His broad fingers dragged over the spines of the books at his side, selecting the book on plants as well as one or two of the smuttier pieces. He wasn't embarrassed by his own proclivities and curiosities so much as he'd been surprised to be caught like some sort of sneaking child. With that passed, he was fine to select a few lascivious texts to take back to his room.

Nergui was given his full attention again, a smile lifting his mustache and beard pleasantly. "We will simply have to build this place then.. to be a proper home." Borr reassured.

beejoux

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces