[PRP] Loyalty (Kiva x Uther)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:12 pm
User Image Things had been going so well for Kiva. He had become a knight, he had saved a beautiful princess from a crocodile, and had ended up being claimed by that beautiful princess as her own personal guard. Kiva had always dreamed of growing up to save damsels in distress from dragons and to guard the royal family, so to have his dream come so close to being true - the croc in place of the dragon - he had been over the moon. Everything changed very quickly after that, though. The queen had been murdered in her own den by a Druid and everything had gone from happy and bright to hellish and dark.

Kiva himself was of Toka blood, but his appearance didn't back up his claim. Only his job did, and even that was shaky at best. There were those to gave him dirty looks for no other reason than his coloration and he had even been nearly attacked when he had been seen walking alone. So far he had managed to wiggle out of the tight spots he'd been backed into, but he wondered if his days as a knight were numbered. Could someone actually change his blood? His mother was of Toka blood, but his father was a Druid, so anyone could argue he was half Druid, perhaps even moreso thanks to his appearance.

Kiva tried to lay low while still doing his duties, fearful for his own fate as well as that of his father's. There was war now, whether lions were actually fighting or not. The tension had finally broken the barrier between Toka and Druid and he was sure the only reason he hadn't seen the worst of what was happening was due to his proximity to the royal family. Here everything was somber, but safe.

Kiva allowed himself a moment as he got a drink from a little pool, thinking about Sercy and their interaction. She was beautiful and funny and sweet, but what would she think of him now that her mother had been murdered. Would she turn on him like some of the other knights were starting to?

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
SilverLutz

Uther had not been in a good mood, considering. He saw no visitors and entertained no quests, the castle mountain completely closed off to outsiders and the number of knights on guard heightened for security reasons. All of the Toka lands were on high alert, and any druid activity was to be reported to the nearest Knight.

Though Uther did not discourage members of his pride taking matters into their own hands. If he could be rid of every last Druid, he would be all too happy.

Without his mate to temper him, he had no conscience. No voice of reason. And no desire to be kind. He had no patience for anyone or anything, and certainly had no tolerance for the Druids.

Or those that looked like Druids.

Uther did not come out very often, but his den was feeling like a tomb, and he had to leave for some air. He struck out to be alone, but was not expecting to succeed. He spotted what seemed to be a druid not too far from him and emitted a low, dangerous growl of warning.

"Your name and rank," he ordered gruffly, approaching with his head held high. If Talfrid knew his son was out trying to start fights, the God of Chivalry would have tried to stop him, but unfortunately not even a God could be all over the place at all times.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:23 pm
Kiva heard a low growl come from behind him and he lifted his head from the pool, water running down his chin in an oh-so dignified manner. His eye widened in first awe, then fear as he realized who was talking to him. The king!

"Kiva, your highness," he said, quickly dropping into a low bow with no intention to rise until he was told to do so. If anyone had the right to be furious at Druids it was him and Kiva was no fool. "Knight," he added, keeping his ears pressed back against his head, almost disappearing into his mane. His markings and coloration were jeering at him even as he spoke and he hoped the king would take him for his word.

Gods, he should have been a scholar like his mother...then this would have never happened. He was pretty sure the lion before him was the only one who he couldn't raise a paw to, even in protection of his life.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:18 pm
SilverLutz

Uther looked the other lion over, snarling. He recognized the family blood, but that did not mean he was happy to see this lion. He always thought those 'dragons' that Ygraine had befriended seemed more druid than Toka, and knew some of them had claimed that side of their blood over the other. Where they stood now, he could not say. He knew Ygraine's friend was still loyal, but he spared her no kindness or love, though he could not exactly explain what he was blaming her for.

He had a lot of pain and hurt to blame on others, and no one was immune.

Still, this lion looked particularly like a druid, in the dimness of the day, with his purple fur and the moon on his forehead. Symbols and colors of those that believed in magic, and wished the pride harm.

"You look like a Druid," he said, his voice still rumbling with his growl, and he was hardly trying to stop it from leaking through. "How do I know where your allegiance lies? What proof do I have?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:34 pm
Kiva remained in a bowed position, trembling very slightly at the snarling going on above him. The king was hurting, that much was obvious, and no one was safe from his wrath. Especially those that were not of natural markings and color.

The question made him shudder. What proof did he have other than his word? None. His mother was a joining rogue and even though she had declared herself Toka blood, there would surely be some question as to her allegiance as well. Considering she was Toka and had chosen a Druid for a mate there was little room to argue that she might take their side during the fighting. Of course, any who knew Adaala would know that was outrageous. She was too much of a peace loving justice seeker to pick sides.

"I know my appearance, your highness, and I'm afraid nothing but my word is all I have by way of proof." He swallowed thickly, unsure if he should tell him about Sercy claiming him as her personal guard or not. Then she might get in trouble, too. Rather than risking her neck for his sake, he lifted his head just a bit to try to peer up at the king.

"My allegiance is to you, King Uther. I swore it when I became a knight and I'll swear it until I draw my last breath." He had always made glorious speeches to branches and rocks that were playing the part of the king for him when he was little, but all his pretty words and long-winded statements were failing him now.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:45 am
SilverLutz

Uther growled and did not seem to relax at all with the younger lion's words. His anger, of course, was not directed at this particular lion, who claimed the Toka as his blood and those he supported. It was toward the druids. More specifically, the druid that took his wife from him. He felt like he had failed her, letting her fall into danger, and be stolen from him.

He felt guilty and lonely, and torn from the inside out. She was his everything, and all the good parts of himself were gone with her.

"Well, I will keep my eye on you, then, until I am sure you are as true as you claim. A Knight is a very serious duty to take on, and your loyalty must be unwavering. In the time of war that is coming, will you stand against those that look like you, that perhaps come from your own family, if I ask you to?"

His gaze was piercing, and he dug his claws into the earth under him as he stood, tension clear through his whole body.

"Do you understand what allegiance really is?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:55 am
Kiva was shaking slightly as the king continued to bear down on him. His ears were pinned to his head, his tail between his legs, and even though he had lifted his head to look up a bit he was still crouched down in a submissive pose. This didn't seem to do anything for the king who was still snarling and glaring.

The questions struck a chilly spike of fear through him. He knew most families had parents of Toka blood or Druid blood, but his own was split. His father had never made waves, but just because of his blood he could be sent away or worse, killed. Now Uther was demanding his loyalty and the possibility of his worst nightmare - being the one to either chase his father out or kill him. He wasn't sure he could do either of those things, but he got the feeling if he didn't say yes he'd be killed on the spot.

"Of course, your majesty," he said weakly. "When I became a Knight I knew I was leaving my family to serve the pride as a whole. Whatever you ask I will do to the best of my ability."

There. That wasn't too bad of an answer. He hoped.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:05 pm
SilverLutz

Uther watched the other lion shrink away and knew he was being too hard on the young creature. It was clear that he was doing his best to prove that he was loyal, while Uther kept pushing him to prove that he wasn't.

His expression softened a bit, but not by much. He was clearly conflicted, and the pain in him overrode most of his other senses. All he knew was the emptiness of being without his mate, and knowing that she had been taken from him out of spire and malice.

He needed to blame everyone, to get revenge in pieces, so he might do something to fill the void inside him. It would never be possible, but he could not sit idly by and live with the fact that those who would do something so terrible were allowed to get away with it.

"Family is all I have now," he said, his tone strange, shifting as his eyes drifted to the sky. "The only good left in my life is what family I have left. I will l defend them from any threat, as I failed to defend Ygraine. I will need your help to do that, and all true Tokas. I cannot keep them, and all of you, safe without your loyalty and aid in return. I am thankful, then, that you have pledged yourself to service."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:10 am
Kiva nodded quickly, although he couldn't help but feel incredibly guilty for doing so. He knew that when he had joined as a Knight serving his King could come first, but he had never though he'd actually be asked to set upon his own father. Here Ulfric stood talking of protecting his family, while he had just pledged to kill his own...

It didn't sit well with him. But was he going to say anything? No, of course not. What were the actual odds he'd be asked to personally kill or chase off his father? Surely there would be someone who took pity on him and would do the deed for him if he were ever asked. Right?

"You're more than welcome, your highness," he said, keeping his eyes averted from the king as he had a slightly soft moment. "It's what I dreamed of being as a cub so it's only fitting that now there is an actual use for me, rather than fighting off crocodiles or chasing buzzards from a kill."

He was quiet for a moment, his ears perking up very slightly. "I...I'm very sorry for your loss," he said quietly. "The queen...well...I never met her, but. I could tell she was a wonderful lioness."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:22 am
SilverLutz

Uther looked heartbroken and for a moment just seemed like any other lion who had just lost his mate. Not a king waging war on his own lions, but a male who was mourning the loss of someone he loved more than anything else in his life. Without her, darkness was consuming him and he felt like he was letting it. It was easier to do that, then face each day without her.

This war was the only thing he had to keep his focus, and in a way, he needed it. It was a terrible reason, along with all the other ones, to hate an entire group of creatures, but his anger was boundless. His loss was too new, and too deep.

He wondered, even if every Druid was run from the pride, what he would be left with after. Would it do him any good? Unfortunately for his pride, the only way he knew how to answer that was to follow through with his purge.

"She was the the kindest creature ever to grace these grasses. She was too good for me. I failed her, but I will not fail anyone again. Not you, not my children, not those that are loyal. We will win out over those that would do us such terrible harm, and we will make this land safe for our families once more. I... I must return to the castle. Stay strong, knight."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:22 pm
Kiva held his ground as the king spoke and he nodded as Ulfric excused himself. He let out a slow breath and stood as the king left, his ears still back against his head. He couldn't imagine what it was like to lose someone that was so important to you. His parents and sister were important, but there was something special about a mate that was a bond all its own. His thoughts went to Sercy and a little chill ran down his spice. She wasn't his mate, not by a long shot, but she was the only lion outside of his family that he genuinely cared about. She had just lots her mother, her father was a walking wreck...and here he was walking around like a dope.

Shaking his head, he glanced in the direction of their little meeting spot and trotted off. Now she'd need a guard more than ever and, although he was concerned for his family, he was concerned for the princess as well. His mother was Toka, his sister was Toka, his father was smart enough to stay out of trouble...he hoped. He had to do his job now and take care of himself and the kingdom.

FIN  
[IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff