[PRP] A Good Excuse (Shi x Uri)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:17 pm
User Image Another boring day. Shi sighed softly, completely content with being bored. She lay under a scraggly palm tree that decided to give desert life a go and was obviously hating its decision. The leaves, if they could be called that, were so shriveled and dried up it was a wonder they didn't just disintegrate then and there. Still, there was enough of the fragile looking fronds to offer just enough shade for the lioness to lay down and stretch out in, perfect for wasting the day.

Shi was what she liked to call a professional procrastinator. There were many hunters in the pride and she always made sure to volunteer to go out to hunt on the days when most others went as well so she could say she was there and no one would be able to say one way or another. She had gone almost two weeks without setting foot outside the pride now and she had to admit that she loved every second of it. A while ago she had been thinking about a change of roll, but after talking with a new recruit she got the idea that the outside world sounded about as dull as the pride, but with lots more walking.

Therefore she decided to stay and laze about as she did best. Shi flicked her tail to shoo away some persistent flies before pushing herself up, yawning widely for no particular reason other than it seemed like the right thing to do. Napping under a crispy palm tree in the desert begged for a nice, languid yawn from time to time.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:17 pm
User Image

Uri had been in and out of the pride a lot lately. It was always something, if pride members weren't loosing their cubs, then it was always the search for water that he would help with, the water seekers could always an extra set of eyes out there in the hot hot desert.

Today though Uri had nothing. The red male was walking around the pride, trying to stay in the shade when and where he could, however real shaded spots were hard to find and often already taken by others. Uri had it pretty easy though his pelt wasn't super black some of the others, his grandma for instance, he just had some stripes here and there.

As he strolled he noticed a pretty lioness sitting not far under a tree. He smiled having nothing better to do and made his way over to her. For a Firekin Uri was pretty friendly.

SilverLutz
Sorry I didn't get to tag last night. I'm off today though so I can rp a bunch today.

nessiaing

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:03 pm
Shi squinted against the bright sun as she gazed out over the sand. She was still curious about certain things, like the sea, mountains, and snow, but she had to admit that all of it sounded a bit too adventurous for her. The sand was hot and shifty but it was home, and she wouldn't trade anything for it.

Some movement caught her eye and she shifted, peering out to see who it was. A lion she had never seen before was coming her way, but from the way he carried himself she knew he wasn't here to yell at her. In fact, he had sort of a friendly look on his face. That was a pleasant surprise as most of those in the pride were particularly grumpy. Well, to her it seemed that way.

"Hey," she said with a grin, flicking her tail in excitement. It was always nice to meet new lions. For a pride as large as the Firekin, it was possible to go through life without meeting half the pride personally.

"Want some shade?" she asked. There wasn't much to spare, but she could scoot over a bit. It wasn't like trees were plentiful around here, and he could at least get his head under the shadow of the fronds.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:13 pm
Uri was pleasantly surprised when the female approed to be friendly. He made his way towards the tree and took a seat next to her. He was a little bit close, probably closer then what was sociably acceptable for two lions who had jsut met, but in the end there wasn't a lot of room under the tree and Uri was happy to have some shade.

"Thanks, though by the looks of it I need the shade less than you, I can't imagine a black plet like that in this sun.' he told her with a smile. Uri knew that his mom often complained of the heat with her all black coat.

"My name is Uri by the way." he told her shifting a little so he could look at her while they talked.

SilverLutz

nessiaing

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:25 am
Shi scooted her rump out of the way so her new companion could sit at least partly in the shade. Had she not been hiding from other hunters she would have gone to one of the watering holes. There the trees were healthy and offered lots of shade. But that would defeat the purpose of hiding, so here she was.

"Nice to meet you, Uri," she said with a smile. "You can call me Shi. My full name is long and awful," she said with a slight roll of her eyes. The comment about her pelt made her shrug, although she kept a friendly expression on her face.

"I've heard those with dark markings comment about how they got hotter in those areas, but since I'm all the same color for the most part, it's all I've know. So I suppose it's pretty hot," she said with a wink, smiling at Uri. "But I really don't have anything to base it against."

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:50 am
"Shi" Uri repeated it was nice and simple much like his own name, of course his was a touch longer but not really anymore complicated, Uri was just easier to say, Uri'Anik just didn't roll of the tongue quite as well. Plus the only time he had ever heard it was when he was a cub and in trouble.

"So what brings a pretty lady like you away from the pride activity." Uri himself had never made a lot of friends in the pride and it was only recently when he realized that he wanted cubs, a family of sorts. Something more than just his crazy mom to talk to.

The problem for Uri though was he wasn't sure he was ready to love a female in a mate way, perhaps there was a female out there that would have babies with him, then just let him take care of them and be a dad without being a mate to her.

SilverLutz

nessiaing

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:24 pm
Shi glanced at her companion in mild surprise. Normally she'd be a bit anxious if someone asked her what she was doing, but the way Uri had casually dropped in the compliment was a bit of a shock. She knew she wasn't the most attractive Firekin out there, her colors being very plain and rather lacking in the reds that the pride so loved, so to hear him call her pretty not only stoked her ego, but got her mind turning. Males sometime were looking for a bit of fun and, while Uri was very pleasant so far, she couldn't help but wonder if he, too, was looking for a way to pass the time.

And then it hit her. Cubs. Not only would she be carrying them for some time, but she knew that females got time off to care for their cubs while they were nursing. That was the best legitimate excuse not to work ever.

She glanced at Uri with a whole new expression, her eyes partly closed in a flirtatious gaze. Now she had a mission and hopefully he'd be kind enough to help her out. "Oh, just enjoying the passing scenery," she said as she reached out with a paw to lightly push Uri's leg. "Lucky me you stopped by. Usually the handsome males just keep on going. Maybe I blend in too well."

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:56 pm
Thank god Iesha had taught Uri how to flirt otherwise she would never have known that calling Shi a pretty lady would go over so well. He beamed happier when in return she called him handsome this was going better than he had ever thought, now how was he going to get it to the next level. The level where he asked her to have cubs for him and then he would be able to take them and raise them. In his head it didn't seem to bad.

"Will you have my cubs." he finally blurted out... it would seem in the end Iesha's lessons had gotten him no where. He turned and looked at the female his eye hopeful, sure some would find her dark colouring less appealing than an all red lioness but Uri's family was full of black, both his mom and dad were mostly black and it was a colour he was drawn too. He smiled his crooked smile, the smile that Iesha told him would get him far.

SilverLutz

nessiaing

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:00 am
The blurted question made Shi laugh so hard she had to rest her head on the ground. Well, there was something to be said for those who didn't beat around the bush, and she was glad he seemed to be thinking the same thing as her. He was a little abrupt, but the crooked smile and sweet face let her know he wasn't the type to be mean. That was good, as she didn't have a mean bone in her body. Even though she wouldn't do much of the teaching - which was better for the cubs, really, because she'd probably just teach them how to be lazy - she did hope any cub of hers would grow into a kind-hearted lion, not like the grumpy ones that seemed to inhabit the pride.

"You know something, Uri?" she asked, flicking her tail to bop him on the nose. "I think I might. Although we have to lay down some ground rules, okay? The first being, once they're old enough to become apprentices, you get the job of teaching them or helping them find a proper lion to help them with what they want to be. The second being, when I'm fat and grumpy, you don't get upset with me. Got it?" She gave him a little wink to let him know she was only half joking about the last one.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:15 pm
Uri felt his jaw drop open, he could not believe his luck, he must have stubbled upon one of the only few lioness in the world that would have accepted his offer, specially when he just blurted it out the way he did instead of wooing her in some way. Slowly he managed to pick his jaw up off the ground and instead but a smile back on his face.

He got serious when she mentioned her terms for the deal, when she suggested that he would take a big part in raising the cubs Uri smiled even broader, "I didn't know how to ask you but I want to raise them... no offence to you you seem lovely but I want babies, not a mate." it was a brash statement and one that he hopped she wouldn't take offence to.

"Of course though I will take care of you while you are big and pregnant, and never will I get upset with you. Even though this isn't for love I hope we will be good friends." he told her trying quickly to make himself seem like less of a creep.

"Listen I have to get going, but I will meet you back here tonight. We can work out all the details and.... while I guess we can get trying." it was such an awkward statement to say but he had heard sometimes it took more than one attempt to get the babies to come.

"So uh see you later." he said as she scuffed his feet on the ground. He quickly turned and made his exit, deciding he would tell no one of the conversation till he knew that cubs were on their way.

SilverLutz

nessiaing

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces