Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:07 pm
User Image

Kero had been glad of the mission she'd been given to go scout the territory towards the Nergui. She had been having more issues of late being around others. Oh, it wasn't their fault, not even close. It was her own problems, not theirs. She refused to admit it to herself, but her difficulty was that she was beginning to feel. She had grown comfortable among these warrior lions, had found a place among them where she belonged. They accepted her at face value for what she could do, how she could improve, and never once asked about her past.

This had the odd effect of loosening her tight hold on her feelings and on her past. It was coming back to haunt her. She'd been dreaming of late about her nephew, of him crying out in pain and fear, and of snarling, angry faces of those closest to her, driving her away with pain and fury. To her acute embarrassment, she'd woken several times in the last week with tears dampening her cheeks. This was not how she wanted to present herself to those around her. She was strong, she was cold, she was hard-hearted.

Or so she'd like to think. So she wanted to the others to think. She needed this time to get a grip and stop all this blubbering and weakness. This is why, when she saw another figure on the horizon that developed into a typical red pelt, she gave a great inward sigh. So much for time alone. Doing her duty, she set off towards what was swiftly proving to be a male. Not another soldier, she didn't think. What was he doing way out here? She broke into a lope, heading directly for him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:54 am
Talencia

Naur felt like he had been cooped up for far too long, and he was ready to get out and stretch his muscles some more. Staying at his den and training by himself was not doing it for him any more, and he was not sure he was making any progress in getting stronger and more talented as a warrior.

Not that he was anyone of rank just yet. He had been too focused on this private mission of his, he had not actually been much a part of the pride. No more, though: he was going to prove that he was a loyal member, and that he was ready to do his part.

Whatever that might be.

Humming to himself as he padded along, he was surprised to spot another being so soon. She was not part of a family he was familiar with, as far as markings went, but then, he only knew a few lines, and only from a distance.

He really needed to get out more. Be more than just... well. A loser, really. He had to take things into his own paws and make his life change... was she running at him?

Not sure what to do with a female running at him, he spread his paws and braced himself for a moment, eyes wide but his attention set just in case she decided to attack him. Not that he had any reason to be attacked, but what else could he think with her running toward him all of a sudden?

"Whoa, what's going on?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:23 am
Lithiasaur

She slowed to a trot, stopping a polite distance from him. "Just checking to be sure all is well," she answered him, arching one eyebrow. "As a scout, it's my job to check on those I see, especially this far out." She paused to purse her lips and narrow her eyes. Surely none of the pride would lower themselves to plot with those nefarious Nergui, but it was something she should probably consider if the circumstances were right. "What exactly are you doing out here? And what is your name?"

She supposed he might be able to give her a false name, but in the Firekin, one's pelt spoke of one's heritage, so it wasn't hard to figure out who someone was by describing them. So unless he was leaving here and now, a lie wouldn't serve him at all. Being bitter was tending her towards undue suspicion and cynicism, but even this prickled her as being a little over the top. She huffed a soft breath at herself, gritting her teeth as she tried to decide to soften herself, with the potential of looking weaker, or keep up the hard attitude and perhaps earn an enemy. No one would blame him for being angry at her suspicious questions, after all.

She closed her eyes for a moment, jaw tight, then opened them to stare at him for a moment. Taking a very deep breath, she spoke stiltedly. "I'm... sorry. The Nergui... hunting them has me on edge." She held her breath for a moment, tail twitching her discomfort. "Forgive me," she managed to rasp out, though it grated on both her nerves and her conscience. Should it be so hard to apologize? Her heart was a distant voice of rebuke, but she couldn't ignore that quiet influence. "I don't think we've met yet," she went on, hoping to cover her discomfort and confusion over the whole thing. "I am Tch'kero. Since Tch isn't really a pleasant sound to be called, I tend to go by Kero." There. That should be polite and friendly enough, right? She hoped so. Ugh, why did she have to feel so awkward socially? It was like she was reliving her adolescent years all over again!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:51 pm
Talencia

Naur nodded his head, relaxing a bit as she approached and explained what she was doing. He had been pretty sure he was not up to anything bad, after all, so he was glad to not warrant a random attack. Try though he might, he was not as tough as he wanted to be. Not just yet.

The last thing he needed was to be tested too soon and get his butt handed to him.

"My name is Naur! And I was just... well. I was not doing much. Just thinking, I guess. I don't mind you doing your job, and keeping the pride safe. That's what you're supposed to do, and you're obviously doing it well. It's good."

He offered her a smile, the big male nodding his head along with his statement.

"It's nice to meet you, Kero. So is that what you're doing? Fighting Nergui? Are there more around here?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:46 am
His easy, relaxed manner helped ease her discomfort. It made him easier to talk to by far than those held tightly in place by their duty and passion. She paused to give him a more intent look. Come to think of it, he was one of the most easy-going Firekin she'd met yet. A good thing? She couldn't say yet. What if being so mild and pleasant meant he wasn't ready when something happened? But who was she to say he wouldn't?! Gah, sometimes she wished she could switch off her brain!

It occurred to her then that he had said he was out here thinking, and that made her curious. "Good to meet you, Naur. No, there aren't any Nergui out here.. at least not that I've seen." Her ears flicked forward and she settled herself more comfortably. "Perhaps you have seen something while you were out here... thinking?" The last word was said with an inquisitive curl at the end. She couldn't quite bring herself to ask what sort of thoughts occupied him, but her tone invited him to expound on his thoughts, if he wanted.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:41 pm
Talencia

Naur nodded his head, glad to hear there were not any enemies in sight, at least in this area. He was sure he could be of some use if they did appear, but he had not really put his training to the test yet, and was waiting to find his true purpose and where his skills really came into play.

Sometimes he worried he was all bluster and no actual courage, but he would never know if he never got tested, right? He just hoped he was as awesome as he thought he was.

"I haven't seen much, I guess. Just you, which was a nice surprise. It's very still right now, and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing." He shook his head slowly, big fluffy mane moving leisurely with the action.

"I wasn't thinking about too much, anyway. I'd rather be up to something more useful, like you're doing. Do you need some help with your patrols?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:22 pm
Her ears flickered and she gave him a hard, intent look as he offered her help. Now, from most others she would have immediately taken this as an insult to her ability to accomplish her task. She was quite prickly over such things, and disliked any suggestion of incompetence or failure. Anything at all that darkened her reputation smacked too much of what had happened in her past, and almost always put her on edge. But this... this seemed rather different.

If she had to put a word to this male, it likely would have been 'transparent'. He simply seemed to say exactly what he was thinking, and to mean what he said quite straight-forwardly. It was vastly different from the subtlety she was used to guarding herself against. Somehow she just couldn't see him as poking fun at her or mocking her in this manner. He really, sincerely seemed to want to be of some use. Though this did leave her a bit of a puzzle.

"If you wanted to be useful, why would you not be training, or volunteering?" There was always someone to train with, and there was always something to be done if willing paws presented themselves. Just sitting and thinking way out here seemed... well, quite honestly bizarre to the once-rogue lioness, especially since she'd worked so very hard to earn herself a useful place here herself.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:26 pm
Talencia

Naur watched her, not sure if he had done something wrong or not, shaking his head slowly and thinking things over carefully.

"I am trying to do those things, but I don't feel like I'm making enough progress. I just... want to do more. I want to be known! And strong! And awesome! I just want to be better, I guess, because I don't feel like I am."

He was not known for anything and had no real skills to call his own. He wanted to specialize in something, and be the name other lions thought of when a specific problem arose that he could solve. He just wanted to be important, but not just for the fame of it.

For the good of the pride. Of his family.

"I'm sorry if it seems like I'm lazy, or not trying. That's not what I meant. I am doing what I can, I just want to do more."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:36 pm
Kero nodded thoughtfully as she listened. She supposed she could understand his point of view. It must be hard to distinguish one's self, growing up among those already inclined to be exceptional. To be good was purely expected, nothing notable. She gave him a long, ruminative look. She couldn't tell from looking at him, but his words were young, willful, ambitious. She wasn't sure she shared his ambitions. She was content to be capable, efficient, rather than being someone who stood out. A wry, non-humorous smile quirked one side of her mouth. She'd stood out plenty when she'd been held guilty of poisoning the prince of her home pride. She had no desire to be a well known name ever again, even for good reasons. Not if she had a choice in the matter, anyway.

But this youthful drive to make something special of himself was entirely his right. She sucked in a breath and let it out as a huff. Should she spend time helping him, or merely brush him off as some over-eager goof and leave him to his not-thinking? She stood from her seat position and paused, poised on the brink of leaving him. But she couldn't quite bring herself to abandon him. He hadn't exactly asked for her help, but clearly he needed someone to. With a mildly irritated huff and a twitch of her ears, she circled him instead. "Tell me what it is you are good at. Are you fast? Quiet? Strong? Smart? Clever with your paws?" She gave him a sharp warning glance at this last phrase. She wasn't here for his amusement or entertainment, especially not in the way some young fools might come up with.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:52 pm
Talencia

He wondered at the look she gave him, at the smile, and thought again that he had said something wrong. Still, he stood his ground and kept his head up, chest puffed out proudly. He was a strong male, and he did take care to keep himself fit.

When his test came he would be ready, damn it.

She began circling him and he watched her for a moment, then shook his head.

"I am a strong lion. I can carry myself very well. I'm determined, as you can tell, and I think I would make a really good guard for someone, or something. Not just a soldier that walks around and fights sometimes: always on the job, always doing something to make the pride better. That's what I want to do."

He did not have any specific skills he could tell her about, as far as he knew, though he was his own worst critic. Still, at least he rose above the instinct to make a joke, keeping a very serious look on his face instead.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas