Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ Q ] priestess

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:45 pm
( for way later really, just gathering thoughts before I forget )

LOST CLAN CREATION FORM

The Horseman
Name: Branwyn (Branwen? Morgana? Morwyn?) (sometimes gets a little too high and forgets tbh)
Nicknames:

Original Clan: Death

Job Role: Priestess

Personality: Let us know about your horsemen, the reactions they had to their world being destroyed, and their goal now, as part of the new clan, to rebuild, what exactly they are looking for/ what sort of feelings /how they might identify themselves now.

- Inhabits dreams and Trance almost as much as she does real life if not more so (plot device?)
- maternal but distant :: friendly but with a slight disconnect
- peaceful, not necessarily a pacifist
- consensus of death that is the gentle, inevitable, maybe even comforting fate of every living thing rather than the violent theft of life
- looks to the future and past often and rarely takes note of what is present without being told to: sees the grand design rather than the details unless it is a vision
- spacey: can slip into memories of things she's seen or perhaps what she's presently seeing; sometimes speaks those thoughts as she lives them (usually talks to self anyway)
- lives vicariously through others enough that doesn't know true self; is afraid of knowing what that is, so adopts others' mannerisms instead to appear pleasing and familiar
- highly curious about learning everything about everyone
- bad memory; carries trinket and lists to trigger them and fix lapses; has a small hoard of random objects as a result?
- rarely fixates on any one thing; "many tabs open" mind; scatterbrained and can come off as unemotional/boring
- probably lurks around eavesdropping on everyone pleasantly
- DRUGS so many drugs enlightenment is reached many ways; accidentally mislables own candles sometimes and forgets which is supposed to be "public" and which are "private"; probably an addict

- half sister of Wrath
- half breed/two clan parents; not viewed as a "true" priestess
- identity in doubt; views loss of job in new horseman regime as a lucky break for now
- does not believe hunters' fight is necessarily wrong (the will to fight against it is what makes death that much stronger in the mind); is curious to watch them develop as she is about halloween and humans as well; also marvels at the nightmares and dreams they individually concoct, drawing parallels for fun)

Mount Form:
[ Death ] - Pale horse/ ghost-like or shadowy creatures with no solid or discernible form. (Deer? Moose? Fair mare?)

Weapon Form: .
[ Death ] : Summon a SIMPLE curved weapon, has to be sickle OR scimitar shaped.
(Sickle-ended stave or staff? Dreamcatcher based design?)

FEAR ATTACK: guide
  • Foul Portents (T2 The Mind) - Obstructs opponent's efforts to fight by temporarily filling them with doubt and dread over an imaginary outcome.
  • Fair Portents (T2 The Eye) - Empowers target by giving the priestess' battle blessing.
  • Orison (T1 The Chill) - Heals target with a few select words, summoning illusions to embalm wounds.

Physical Description:
(Physically almost a blank slate, bland, average, no extra details herself. Decorates self with masks and makeup and jewels, often fitting to a theme, always covers face, tends to leave at least one eye visible. Usually completely covers body but leaves hands open. Style can be somewhat eclectic as constant dream driving doesn't a fashionista make.

White in reference to symbolism of death/decay/mourning as well as purity/rebirth/transformation. Death is as much a part of the cycle as life. Veils? (sometimes symbolized as the "death" of the daughter to make room for the "birth" of the bride)

Possibility: dark claw-like hands with pale skin?

Very feminine look. serene. Doe-eyed/appears half asleep?

Eye Colour: Black with a ring of white
Hair Colour/Style: cc
Skin Colour: white af
Clothing Style/Colours: cc, think armored dress + masks
Extra: all the cc
References:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:09 pm
I'm in love with her. She and Na could be the best of friends from what I'm reading.

I'm really bad at crits when I can find anything to crit, which is a good sign it means I like what I see and I don't see any glaring OMG DO THIS stuff yet. I just wanted to say I'm in love with her.  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:38 pm
Hello~

It looks like you're still narrowing down your quest, so it's a bit difficult to offer feedback.

From what I can gather though, she strikes me as a very passive (and possibly sedated) character. One of your bullet points includes that she carries trinkets/lists to remind her of things. Does she also carry around drugs/medicines? How many things does she have? How does she carry them around? If she forgets what an object means, does she hang onto it to try and remember or does she ditch it?

I feel like I'm not getting a solid grasp of her character right now. On one hand, she's focused more inward than outward:
Quote:

- Inhabits dreams and Trance almost as much as she does real life if not more so (plot device?)
- looks to the future and past often and rarely takes note of what is present without being told to: sees the grand design rather than the details unless it is a vision
- spacey: can slip into memories of things she's seen or perhaps what she's presently seeing; sometimes speaks those thoughts as she lives them (usually talks to self anyway)

But when she's around other people, I get the impression she's hyper-focused on the present:
Quote:

- lives vicariously through others enough that doesn't know true self; is afraid of knowing what that is, so adopts others' mannerisms instead to appear pleasing and familiar
- highly curious about learning everything about everyone
- probably lurks around eavesdropping on everyone pleasantly

And yet at the same time, there's these:
Quote:

- bad memory; carries trinket and lists to trigger them and fix lapses; has a small hoard of random objects as a result?
- rarely fixates on any one thing; "many tabs open" mind; scatterbrained and can come off as unemotional/boring
- DRUGS so many drugs enlightenment is reached many ways; accidentally mislables own candles sometimes and forgets which is supposed to be "public" and which are "private"; probably an addict

which to me seem to impair her ability to do either intro or extroverted activities. I honestly have a difficult time picturing her as a Priestess or as any of the other clan jobs. It feels right now that she has too many ideas going on about her (forgetful due to bad memory/drugs but not a disinterest since she's highly curious about everyone/thing) and nothing concrete quite yet.

imo it might be helpful to go through her once again, paying attention especially to areas where you've written down questions and try to make it more concrete. Right now she feels too scattered about and feels like a collection of ideas vs. a specific character.

I hope this was helpful; there's the start of an interesting (and sad, but in a good way) character here that I'd like to see fleshed out further.  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games