.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mlima Tuokoa Lands [IC]
[SRP] A final gift (Kiernan x Shyama)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Sabra Knight rolled 3 6-sided dice: 2, 4, 4 Total: 10 (3-18)

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:50 pm
User Image User Image

Shyama:

2: A fair quality jackal pelt. Worth 2 points.
4: A large, luxurious pelt from a hyena. Worth 3 points. x 2 = 6
----------------------

8 pnts
Kiernan:
3: Small, torn and barely useable. Worth 1 point.
2: A fair quality jackal pelt. Worth 2 points.
4: A large, luxurious pelt from a hyena. Worth 3 points.
-------------------

Sabra Knight rolled 3 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 2 Total: 9 (3-18)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:53 pm
She felt bad, she really did. Maybe Kiernan is rubbing off on me. The leopardess wrinkled her nose at the thought. Surely that annoying guy wasn’t actually getting under her skin. He was too loud and relaxed about everything. Yet he also had a kind heart and cared about others…which was why he had asked for her help in finding pelts. What am I a walking charity? Shyama rolled her eyes at the thought. That was the last thing she needed in her life.

But it was true that while they were in the mountains the colony was offering a place of rest.

Shyama felt bad that their few pelts had gotten them such warmth from the cold and so when she had rested up she found herself wandering back down the mountainside. The grasslands were a much better place to find pelts and such. Maybe this time I can find a good snack as well. Her stomach rumbled at the thought of a hare or some other tender meat. How long had it been since she had eaten something fresh and not frozen over like ice? This is the last time I let Kiernan pick our direction.

Speaking of the devil….Shyama nearly jumped when the leopard appeared next to her, “Heading out somewhere?”

“Kiernan!” Hissing Shyama swatted the air next to his head, “You shouldn’t just appear like that. I could have easily hurt you for that one!”

The dark leopard smirked, “Nah. Surely you’re getting used to me doing this by now. I feel like it’s a safe thing to do.” Plus it was so much fun seeing her fur get bristled by his sudden appearances. Shadow or not she was still not used to the quiet ways of her companion. Normally he was so loud and outgoing that it startled her to see him actually sneak around a place. Of course now that he knew it startled her so much he purposefully found any reason to get away with it. Hunting itself was a surprise with him as well. She thought surely he would charm talk the prey into giving their lives, but instead she saw a ruthless hunter. Almost made her wonder about exactly where this guy’s roots were from.

“Still…” She pouted a bit before a sharp wind cut through the area rustling her fur. Holding back a shiver she was surprised at the sudden warmth of another body next to her’s, “He-hey.”

“What?” Kiernan’s amber eyes were so close to her own as he smiled, “I didn’t want the wind blowing ya away from me. So why are you out here anyways, soldier?”

Feeling her cheeks warm the leopardess shook her head, “I was out here to hunt more. I figured…we owed more pelts than what we’ve given for the time we’ve spent here resting from the winter.” Slowly, ever so slowly, she moved a step away from his warm body. “Got a problem with that?”

“No.” His smile seemed to only grow, “I was just thinkin’ about doing the same myself. Then I saw you headin’ down the mountain and worried that you finally had decided to leave me. That used to be your main threat you know.”

“I-I….there’s no point traveling alone in this area.” Shyama turned her gaze away from his knowing smile and threatened her own heart if it kept beating so quickly, “I’d feel guilty too…I promised to help you on your silly travels. So leavin’ you behind here would be going back on that.” It would be a shame to leave his heavy body back here to die in the snow somewhere. Not that it mattered to her of course! It was just that she had promised Mihika and then Nia…and….feeling her cheeks warm even more Shyama pounced forward in the snow, “Either way! Let’s go then.”

“Aye, aye.” Kiernan purred behind her, “Have you gotten anything yet?”

“I just started.” She murmured trying to hide the shakiness of her own voice.

“Hmm?” Leaning closer he tilted an ear towards her.

“I just started, I said!” Snapping towards him Shyama only got more flustered to see that stupid smirk on his face. Such an easy going guy that was so nice? Why did he seem to always be tormenting her then? What a pain!

“Shall we compete then?” Kiernan stretched out his paws on the snow behind her, “I feel like that could get the rust out of these joints from sleeping for so long.”

“We’ve only rested a few days.”

“Long enough for me to get these bones frozen from this cold.”

Shyama only huffed at him, “Sure, sure. You just haven’t gotten a chance to yak your mouth off like usual. Everyone is too busy to listen to a stranger like you.”

“Hey now!” Still he laughed, “I don’t talk that much, do I?”

“Oh if you only knew.” She smiled ever so sweetly back towards him, “You talk plenty of the both of us. Maybe that’s why the gods blessed me with a quick mind and a closed mouth.” With that she started moving down again towards a trail. It was around here that they had found a good abundance of pelts the other day. Surely they might run into some more prey and get a good hunt here? She didn’t mind traveling out a bit to gather the materials. Kiernan surely had enough energy to run across the continent as well with that mouth of his. The thought made her smirk.

Frowning Kiernan skirted down in the snow after her, “So looking for some hyena again or something?”

“Whatever we can find. I want to be able to show them my skills again.” She remembered their last haul of hyena pelts that had been so loved and welcomed. The leopardess could only hope for something as good again. It was nice feeling helpful after all and to see those families with new pelts…it made her think of her own family back home. Everyone was always helping someone if not training them into the ground…

“Hey. The more you think the less you’ll be able to find~” Kiernan winked towards her, “It’s my time to fight for a victory.”

“Hah! I doubt it!”

Racing off the two leopards began their hunt to find more pelts to bring back to the colony.

(1056)  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

[IC] Mlima Tuokoa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas