Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:24 am
PupSage

I Drink Blue Moon

Onlin3 Gam3r

Alzzak

Rain Yupa

Hey, just wanted to give everybody a heads up; I'm going to be spending the next two weeks in Japan as a long overdue honeymoon with my wife. It looks like I will have a fair amount of access to wifi, but I don't know how much posting I will be able to get around to doing during his time--hopefully more than none. My RP itch tends to come back fast. No promises, though! wink  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:08 pm
PupSage

I Drink Blue Moon

Onlin3 Gam3r

Alzzak

Rain Yupa

Alright, back from japan lets get his rollin again!  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:46 pm
PupSage

I Drink Blue Moon

Onlin3 Gam3r

Alzzak

Rain Yupa

All right, it's been a week since I've seen any activity from any of the players. I'm going to need to see some posts soon if I'm going to keep this campaign running.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:23 pm
Sick.

Will post soon.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:47 pm
Aww, thanks for the heads up Rain. I hope you get better soon. Sucks when it strikes on the weekend.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:56 pm
Rain Yupa
If he can give an answer, which is in what direction? Sentient creatures would go around if easier, especially if trying to move under the cover of darkness; making undue noise would compromise stealth. If this WAS an animal, it would make more sense for it to go in a straight line, especially if it was tracking a scent, or maybe scurrying off with a meal in as direct a line as possible. The question is, if this thing took the bull, I'm trying to see if it came FROM the pen, or went TOWARDS the pen.

Kowsauni

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:15 pm
Kowsauni
Aww, thanks for the heads up Rain. I hope you get better soon. Sucks when it strikes on the weekend.

Also, thanks for the well-wishes, everyone's helped. It was one of those "is this going to cripple me for half a day? One day? Two? A week?" scenarios, so I didn't want to make promises at the time.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:19 am
Rain Yupa
Rain Yupa
If he can give an answer, which is in what direction? Sentient creatures would go around if easier, especially if trying to move under the cover of darkness; making undue noise would compromise stealth. If this WAS an animal, it would make more sense for it to go in a straight line, especially if it was tracking a scent, or maybe scurrying off with a meal in as direct a line as possible. The question is, if this thing took the bull, I'm trying to see if it came FROM the pen, or went TOWARDS the pen.

Kowsauni

Lol sorry I was a little confused about that since you did not describe revenge directly asking that question Mr. Hopkins. Mr. Hopkins would have told you the path the creature took over the barn actually runs perpendicular to Duke's pen. Duke's pen is a bit of ways away from the barn facing the front of it. The tracks lead from the left to the right of the barn. However part of its fence line is visible from where everyone is standing atm at the side of the barn.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:41 am
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa
Rain Yupa

Kowsauni

Lol sorry I was a little confused about that since you did not describe revenge directly asking that question Mr. Hopkins. Mr. Hopkins would have told you the path the creature took over the barn actually runs perpendicular to Duke's pen. Duke's pen is a bit of ways away from the barn facing the front of it. The tracks lead from the left to the right of the barn. However part of its fence line is visible from where everyone is standing atm at the side of the barn.

Well, it was less ask and more 'look', as in, is the pen in a straight line the path over the barn took? So, yes? Also, what's in the opposite direction? I'm kind of assuming the forest, but I'm trying not to make that assumption 4laugh

I can make it a perception check if you want, to 'trace' the path taken. That's mostly what I'm doing.

Also, based on his answer, if this path intersects with the pen, did it come from, or go to, the pen from the barn?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:32 am
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa
Rain Yupa

Kowsauni

Well, it was less ask and more 'look', as in, is the pen in a straight line the path over the barn took? So, yes? Also, what's in the opposite direction? I'm kind of assuming the forest, but I'm trying not to make that assumption 4laugh

I can make it a perception check if you want, to 'trace' the path taken. That's mostly what I'm doing.

Also, based on his answer, if this path intersects with the pen, did it come from, or go to, the pen from the barn?

Oops, I meant parallel, sorry its late here. The tracks run parallel to the pen. They neither run to or from the pen. They run along side it.

Also what lies behind the barn in the opposite direction is the town. The forest is in the direction of Pen. Perhaps later I'll have my wife whip up a map. Here is a little makeshift diagram for now

Town
|
Tracks>:::Barn:::xxxxxxx
|
Pen
|
Forest

This orientation is also not true to north.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:53 am
Thank you, that's exactly what I was trying to figure out smile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:40 pm
PupSage

Duke's Pen is several hundreds yards away from the Barn. I'm not sure if that's coming across, the little diagram I created was not to scale. I'm going to have my wife draw a quick map of the ranch to avoid any further confusion.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:05 pm
Kowsauni

Revenge doesn't understand Dwarven. Was Hopkins' response in Common or Dwarven, so I know how to respond to the response?  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:14 pm
Rain Yupa

Mr. Hopkins is speaking in common. He is responding to the bit Kouri said in common. He doesn't seem to understand dwarven but you also get the feeling he has an idea of what Kouri and Adrik are talking about amongst themselves as well.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:55 pm
Online gamer has left this campaign. However, since Thava is the only healer in the party I will be npcing her for now. Alzzak has also posted he will be being inactive for an indefinite amount of time so I will be npcing his character until he returns or I find a replacement.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff