Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:54 pm
User Image

Pekee was happy today. She had tons of new things to speak of and share with her fellow pride members, mainly of which revolved around fish and cubs. Fish because she had somewhat successfully managed to catch one. Cubs because she knew that Aquapuga's were so cute and adorable and looked like snow!

Speaking of, she still had it in her head the reason they were white was because of their mother. Pekee had somehow managed to get this solid idea into her mind about where cub coat colors came from. She thought if mother's, whose coats weren't necessarily white, ate snow while pregnant then her cubs would be white because of that.

So today, despite the pleading and begging and only somewhat threatening scowl Aquapuga had given her when she had last brought up the subject, Pekee was on her way to visit the Queen. Silly hybrid had promised her almost a month ago now that he'd introduce her to the Queen and he hadn't! Time to take matters into her own hands, and finally meet Elsa like she wanted to. That was her first thought as she stepped out onto the fresh snow for today, and began to search for the light colored leader.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:02 pm
CaliWolfe

Elsa was feeling very bright today as well, her spirit high and her mood good. She was head over in heels in love with her mate, and of course, knowing he wanted to be with her forever only made that feel so much more important. She wanted to make him happy and give him the best life she could, as much as she wanted to do the same for her pride.

She never imagined, growing up alone and shunned, that she would ever get to feel this way.

It was in that mood that she was entertaining visitors in her den, and whenever a guard announced that someone was approaching, she was all too happy to meet them on the approach. She knew her guards would not be pleased about that, and somewhere a God was frowning disapprovingly at her willingness to put herself in the open, but she was not hindered by any thought of restraint. She padded away from her den with a smile, and soon enough crossed paths with Pekee.

"Hello there!" She greeted brightly.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:04 pm
"Hello!" Pekee called back when she heard the sweet sound of someone calling to her. She turned and with a widened grin almost squealed in delight at having found the queen. One could almost say she looked like Elsa's biggest fan with the way she resisted the urge to run over and embrace her in a hug.

Then again, Pekee was everyone's biggest fan. She acted like this around little baby cubs who struggled to even open their eyes. There was really no telling what she'd do in front of the queen since she had anticipated this meeting for a while now.

"Hello your majesty!" She forgot to bow or even nod or head as a sign of respect, but padded over to her cheerily. The snow crunching under her feet.
"It's a nice day out today isn't it? It isn't always nice but today is one of those good days where it's nice even when yesterday wasn't!"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:22 pm
CaliWolfe

Elsa was surprised by how excited the lioness looked, but it only made her laugh and feel even happier to talk with Pekee. After all, it was clear this was not one of those that lived in this pride believing their Queen was cursed by the snow, and that was always a nice break.

Elsa was not hung up on decorum, and did not mind that the lioness did not show her the usual signs of respect that some went out of their way to show their leaders. Sometimes it just felt a little forced, and if someone was not comfortable with those sorts of things, she would never force them.

"It is a very lovely day!" For many reasons, as far as the Queen was concerned. She smiled brightly, "I think I have to agree with you. What are you doing out and about today, then? Planning on something fun to do in this nice weather?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:15 pm
She continued to smile brightly as the Queen laughed. Pekee was pleased with herself. She hadn't run headfirst into Elsa by mistake and she hadn't managed to scare her away with way too many questions or invading her personal space. Well, so far anyways.

"I think I'll try fishing!" She said as the thought sprung to mind. "Fish are hard to catch though, they're all wiggly and squirmy and jump out your paws... Maybe I'll just go find cubs to play with instead." She pondered this aloud, and had no shame in admitting she loved to play with little cubs over doing anything to contribute to boosting the pride's food population. Cubs were just more fun to be around in general, and she didn't need to spend such a long time trying and likely failing at catching them either.

"What are you going to do today?" Pekee took a step closer to the queen. She was slowly forgetting what the term "boundaries" meant. "Personally I think running out in the snow would be a good thing to spend your day doing. I strongly advise against swimming though, your tail will freeze off if you try!"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:46 pm
CaliWolfe

"I was just going to spend some time walking the pride, saying hello to others. But fishing sounds really fun, too. Would you mind if I joined you? I haven't been fishing for myself for some time."

She was not sure if she even remembered how to fish, and would probably make a fool of herself, but she did not mind. She was doing her best to be a little more out going with others, and take her approach as Queen more directly to her pride members. She had to stop being so shy, really.

Anyway, Pekee was very friendly, and that made it a little easier.

"Unless you really don't want to, then I understand. Fish are tricky, from what I can remember."

She ate them all the time, but she did not catch them live very often. Even when they were freshly brought to her, just out of the water, they were dead by the time they got to her den. She swished her tail behind her, smiling brightly.

"Cubs are very fun to be around, after all," she said, thinking fondly of her own family. Well, they were not little cubs any more, but she supposed all cubs had to grow up some time.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:11 am
"Oh sure, of course you can come!" She was pleased, the queen wanted to go fishing with her! "Fish are squirmy and tricky, but that makes it all the more fun to catch them, right?" Well, so long as that didn't involve falling into the lake you were trying to catch them out of like Pekee tended to do. She would sometimes come home all shivering and cold because of a less-then-successful attempt at fishing, but she always had fun regardless of the outcome.

"Oh, yes, cubs are really fun to be around!" Especially when they didn't belong to you. Cubs cried and moaned sometimes and Pekee wasn't a big fan of them when they were whining and crying over this and that. She liked playing with them though! Cubs liked playing with her too, she found. Maybe that was because Pekee acted like a cub too, and had no real idea of boundaries and what was and wasn't safe. She had more then one angry parent scold her for letting their children attempt to slide down a cliff, thinking that they weren't going to crash into a tree or something.

It wasn't as if she had actually let them slide down. What were those parents so angry for anyways? They had been having fun. Pekee had been having fun.

"Cubs like to play games and they like to run around and they're all full of energy and it's just really fun playing with them!"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:25 pm
CaliWolfe

Elsa chuckled and nodded her head. It was always nice to be able to get out and have some fun with her pride members. She was not as shy as she used to be, or at the very least she was trying to fight that issue. Being so happy certainly helped.

The more comfortable she was, the easier it was to ignore all the doubt and negativity that could sometimes get the better of her.

"They do indeed. I have been worn out many times by my children. I don't know where they get all of their energy from, honestly. It is insane, to be honest, but still a delight. I delight in them anyway, even if they exhaust me. I do miss when they were very little, though."

She looked wistful, remembering the small cubs that she kept so close to her, and cared for so carefully. Not they were independent and growing up, which made her proud, but a little sad.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:32 pm
"You could have more cubs." Pekee blurted aloud. Her lack of a filter seemed to mean she just said the first thing to pop into her head. Even if it was... well, maybe not the best way she could have phrased it. Pekee didn't even notice it was wrong though. She just kept going merrily on and on about anything and everything even if the person listen to her speak had long grown tired of the topic Pekee was stuck on. Which currently seemed to be cubs... And fishing.

"Yup, more cubs. Then you could have little itty bitty baby cubs again to look after!" She then stopped and thought really hard for a second. Then, Pekee turned and faced the queen again. "Unless you don't want itty bitty baby cubs to look after again?" She had thought that she saw a longing, a pain of sorrow or mixed feelings in the eyes of her leader but she just could have gotten a really dust filled snowflake in her eye. That hadn't really happened to Pekee expect for one time and it made her eyes water up and she had to blink a bunch of times and it wasn't really fun.

"If you don't want to have any then I would go babysit some! Babysitting cubs is always an option!"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:38 am
CaliWolfe

Elsa couldn't help but laugh as Pekee voiced her opinion on cubs so enthusiastically. She blushed under her fur, looking bashful as she nodded her head, chuckling and shuffling her paws a little bit in her awkward display. Pekee was very sweet, and Elsa wondered if she was aware of it.

A lot of her friends, Elsa noticed, had the same troubles as she did. Unable to see the best parts of themselves, though it did not seem like Pekee had any issues in confidence. That was refreshing, and Elsa wanted to be able to be more like that.

"Well, my mate and I were thinking about having another litter... though I'm not sure... I mean. We haven't decided if or when... our babies are growing up so quickly, it's... well. If we did have another litter, I would love for you to help cubsit them if you wanted to. I think you would be a very good influence on the cubs."

She smiled sweetly, eyes glimmering a bit as she spoke. She did mean it, as she found she liked Pekee very much, and it would not be a bad thing in a few of her traits were passed to any new cubs that came in.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:49 am
"Really?" Pekee asked. She sounded surprised. "I-I mean I'd love to!" Gosh, she was struggling to just imagine it now. Her cubsitting royalty! The lioness was thrilled by the offer. She'd definitely make sure any cubs Elsa left near her weren't going to slide into tree trucks or get lost under snow drifts. Not that she had intentionally let anyone's cubs do that before, it just sort of happened. And that time they had fallen through a hole an ice carver had dug out was totally just a mishap on her part. Besides, the cub had been perfectly fine! A little cold, yes, and a little frozen and shaky too, but she was sure that cub was running around merrily by now, perfectly healthy!

"Don't worry, I take really good care of any cubs I cubsit!"

Pekee shifted her sights ahead of her. It looked like they were getting close to the lake now! The realization of this made a grin plaster itself on Pekee's maw, just thinking about actually having someone help with her catching squirming little fishes made her smile!

She turned to Elsa merrily. "Let's go fishing now!"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:27 pm
CaliWolfe

Elsa smiled and chuckled as she watched Pekee's excitement. It always made her happy, to see others so happy. It seemed simple enough, but Elsa had always found it was harder than it needed to be to make others happy. Now she was finally learning how to serve those that lived in her pride and give them a good life in return.

Of course, this was not something she would offer just anyone. She trusted Pekee and knew that this was a lioness who would not cause any risk to her cubs.

When and if they did happen, of course.

"I'm sure you will," Elsa said with an even smile, "and yes, let's go fishing!" It would be nice to spend some time with a friend, and not have to worry about official, royal things. Just for a little while.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Zizimisha'Mwili Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas