Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Anti-Bullying Day!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever been bullied?
  Yes
View Results

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:45 am
Hi Everyone!

Today is Anti-Bullying day (Februrary 25th). To spread Awareness, people around the world wear a Pink Shirt!

I work at a Tween Spa, and today, I am working an event to help spread this awareness about bullying. For those of you who didn't know, I'm an esthetcian and makeup artist. Today at work, I will be giving girls free manicures while wearing my pink t-shirt, to raise awareness and speak out about bullying.

Did any of you know it was Anti-Bullying day today?

I, myself, have been bullied- especially back when I was in high school. These group of guys in my grade used to call me the typical "four-eyes", "geek", "nerd".. Once, one guy even told me to "go die- you're such a loser." Luckily, it was only that group of guys. They even used to physically bully me for no reason at all. I used to walk home from school, and one of them specifically used to push and trip me, and sometimes throw his hacky-sack ball at me... After school one day, he pushed me against the side of the school (a brick wall), and from that, I got a huge bruise and cut on my forehead. I stayed strong, and stood up for myself each time and didn't show my weak side. I wanted them to know that it is pathetic to pick on others! I didn't let them get to me (even though, mentally, I was hurt).

For all of you who have been bullied: I want you to know that you are all strong, amazing individuals. Don't ever let those bullies stand in your way of being happy and from being your true self! You all deserve happiness. We are all made different. We are all made unique, and that's what makes us special. Never change yourself to please others. Love who you are and believe in yourself, always. You are never alone- remember that.

So, today, in support of anti-bullying, wear pink (if you can) and spread this awareness.

Have a great day, everyone <3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:04 pm
Stephanie,

Thanks for letting us know about this special day and for your hard work supporting kids and others that have been bullied. Also a special thanks for opening up to all of us. Awareness and personal stories about experiences could give others the courage to speak up. In the United States their are a lot of people hard at work on making it safer for young people being on the internet. Cyber Bulling is on the rise with tragic results. Also their are no tolerance rules being worked on and ran in our schools. Everyone reading this thread please get the word out to stop these very disrespectful and hurtful acts that these bullies do against good people.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:01 am
This Anti-Bullying Day is in Canada- I didn't realize that! I thought the States had this day too.

I'm glad to be able to open up and let others know that it is okay to be open with your emotions and that they are not alone! (:

The event went really well, too!

Miscellaneous Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff