Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
I need help with Kaneki Ken (Tokyo Ghoul) Make Up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MikitoAilie

Demonic Gatekeeper

10,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 pm
EDITED: I am a male, needing assistance with which make up I should use for Kaneki Ken. I have the mask, so only half my face will be showing. And I already have black nail polish for the fingers. Anyone got any suggestions for?

And or find a good place to buy the contacts?

Edited Portion:
I have looked at youtube videos, they have tutorials and all. But most of the time, I cannot read what is on the label when they show the product.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:27 am
Hello!

First off I'd like to know what exactly you are trying to accomplish with the make up you are wanting to use. I have looked up photos of the character however each one seems different. This information will allow me to help you out a bit further

as for lenses..

Personally i have used Kiwiberry
However my friends have used sites like Pinky Paradeise and Lens Viliage

If you have never worn lenses before I suggest looking over the wear and care guide
http://www.pinkyparadise.com/Wear-Care-a/250.htm  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

MikitoAilie

Demonic Gatekeeper

10,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:40 am
xXButterflied MemoriesXx

Sorry about that, I guess I didn't specify which version I was using. As essentially he has multiple. Black Hair> White Hair > Centipede (Has several more, these are just like his big upgrades)

The version that I will be doing is the white hair. Although the Centepede also has white hair. That is a different story.

As for the contacts, I technically only need one. As my eyes are the color of his normal ones Although, I know they come in sets of two. Also it needs to be the full scelara contact. Red Iris, black Scelara.

Pic One:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pic Two:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
As you can see in this pic, he has lines coming from his eyes, those are actually red... And are viens. That specific picture was just taken in black and white.

Pice Three:

Pic of Me Just a pic of me, so you get get an idea of my skin complection.
'

What I want to do, is be as accurate as possible (Of course)

I have seen many different tutorials, and they never tell us the type of makeup they use just a picture of the product but the labels are soo hard to read.

What I know I need:

Eyeliner:
Foundation:
Blush:
Nail Polish: (Already have)
And what ever is used to draw/make the red veins around my eye. I honestly just need to know what brands are good, what to avoid etc. I have already had a general idea since last year. Just never got around to it.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:30 pm
well first for the contacts, they only sell them in pairs, so you'll always have an extra contact if the one rips or tears.

As for myself, I personally use the hard candy foundations, they come in both cream and powder
a cream foundation will last longer, but will feel heavier.

however dreamwonder is also a good foundation, it's powder based
Kleancolor is a cheaper brand, i use all their products however i have never used their foundations, but my experience with the rest of the brand has been good so that may be a good route for you.

for your blush. it's rare to see the shade in store bought brands but the lightest palest pink should be fine as the character seems to be fairly pale. or even a blush thats a shade lighter than the foundation [most professional brands make these]

you'll also need highlighting and contouring though as the make up will look flat, you can do this with eyeshadows though if you use an eyeshadow pallet.

eyeliner can actually be used for the detail work of the veins http://www.kleancolor.com/eyes/KleanColor/eye_pencil/AP440/AP440.html if you use a deep purple, then overlay it with a red.

you still need to do a bit of eyshadow though for photos or you will end up with a flat eye, you can do a natural eye though where you use shades of eyeshadow just a shade or two lighter than the foundation  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

MikitoAilie

Demonic Gatekeeper

10,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:23 pm
xXButterflied MemoriesXx

AWESOME thank you!!! Now where would be a good place to get said supplies? I will have to go to my eye doctor to see what my contact size is, and my prescription. As I don't want to ruin my eyes... And contacts are only good for a year? I was unaware of that... (gotta throw away my Xemnas ones away then) Anyways, I have Walmart, Target, a couple of beauty supply stores. This is going to be my first big convention, as I only spent 5 hours at the my very first one.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:35 pm
i have a pair of contacts i've had for about two years, it really depends on how well you care for them, most circle lenses though people wear almost daily so after a year their worn out.

walmart would be good for some items. however the kleancolor items i mentioned are sometimes specialty store items because they are cheap to get. you can order from their website though and from my knowledge they ship fairly quickly

sallys caries similar brands though to these, but they are a bit more pricy.

take a look around your stores and price the items before buying them. however i will warn hard candy if you decide to use it is only a walmart product so they can afford to sell it at a higher sticker price  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Cosplay Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items