Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Need help with homestuck horns ~cosplay~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:17 pm
So i have my nepeta cosplay body paint wig etc i made my horns but its abnormally hard to attach them to a thin headband does anyone have any ideas i can post pics if needed >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:44 pm
hey! By any chance, what material did you use for the horns? If you could post a pic, maybe I can help you get a few ideas as to how to get this to work (:  

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:26 pm
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako
So i have my nepeta cosplay body paint wig etc i made my horns but its abnormally hard to attach them to a thin headband does anyone have any ideas i can post pics if needed >.<

/is late to the game/

I'm not sure if you've figured it out already, but my friend attached her horns to clips instead of a headband. I've seen people use adhesives to glue them to the clips. I've also seen people make snaps to attach them to a wig (see tutorial below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic3dCBOcNQw

I hope that helps!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:10 am
xinitia

/is late to the game/

I'm not sure if you've figured it out already, but my friend attached her horns to clips instead of a headband. I've seen people use adhesives to glue them to the clips. I've also seen people make snaps to attach them to a wig (see tutorial below).

I hope that helps!

That was such a cool tutorial!
If I ever need ears or horns, I'm definitely trying this.

When I was Pikachu, I made it with felt and stuffed it with extra scraps of fabric. It was awesome. But since it was light, it was fairly easy to attatch it to a headband.

I guess it depends on how heavy the horns/ears are?

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:07 pm
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia

/is late to the game/

I hope that helps!

That was such a cool tutorial!
If I ever need ears or horns, I'm definitely trying this.

When I was Pikachu, I made it with felt and stuffed it with extra scraps of fabric. It was awesome. But since it was light, it was fairly easy to attatch it to a headband.

I guess it depends on how heavy the horns/ears are?

It probably also depends on the weave of the cap. Some of those caps have a very loose weave, so heavy horns would probably sag. You might be able to gerryrig a band that fits under the wig, though, with snaps.Then you wouldn't have to worry about it being too thin for the horns.  
Cosplay Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games