[WEST] Desperate Match

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:29 am
User ImageRumors were spreading fast among the pride. If it wasn't an issue enough that the House had whispers of the Lord, the pride was. Given that now he had important members of his House stationed at other of the three Houses, it means that word was traveling even more. He did not like it. He did not like the fact he cannot control it. He did not like the fact that there were members who did not respect his privacy. He did not like the fact that, as a Lord, he could not stifle this matter. He did not like that he could not admit to it. He was the strong Lord of the North, son of the Beast of the North, and people were whispering. Compared to all the others, he was the odd one out among the Lords and Ladies.

He wasn't like his father or some of his siblings. He had control over his anger, he wasn't a fury-driven individual that burst out in fits of rage. His anger came through his words and the fact that he could carry them through. But what was he suppose to do? Speak to every single member of the pride about this widespread rumor? That would only confirm it even further and only a pawful knew the truth of the matter.

That was why he was here.

"I heard that you could help me."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:42 am
User Image

The day was like any other for the matchmaker in the West. The preparations for the upcoming wedding was in full-swing and it made Davina extremely excited. There would be dukes, duchesses, maybe even an heir or two there, by the gods, even the emperor and empress may make an appearance since it had been so long since a public marriage had happened before! Just thinking on it only fueled her excitement, evident in her happily swaying tail.

Normally when someone appeared in the mouth of her cave, she was expecting them. They had an appointment for her to find themselves or one of their children a mate, but the sudden voice caught the leotah off-guard. Her den was in shambles from it's usual sensual state. Typically there would be fragrant herbs being rubbed between rocks to release a pleasant smell as well as to help relax the normally tense visitors. There were typically also plush furs as she truly got to know her client, but today was not one of those days. Her furs were out, being cleaned and there were no herbs for her to prepare.

"You'll have t-" As Davina turned from her daily prep and wedding arrangements to tell whoever had barged in to come back another time, she found her words failed her. Normally always talkative, suddenly her mouth didn't work as it normally did. She was a gossip-girl, loving to hear about the latest trends and scandals that circulated throughout the Tianxia, so of course she recognized the lion who stood in her den. "My lord," She quickly spoke with her head bowed deeply. He may not be the Lord of the West, but he was still one of four. "What may I help you with tonight?"

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:57 am
"Word travels just as quickly as rumors." He stated as he began to move into the cave, away from the mouth where wandering eyes could spot him. He was a fairly recognizable lion, especially with the crimson fur around his shoulder and golden trinket upon his mane. For a Lord, he was rather decorated. He looked about the cave and noted the differences; the fragrances were faint but detectable if one were to focus. It was in shambles, things everywhere as if she was preparing for something. Or she may be generally this disorganized. There were many who preferred it than the organizational structure of order and cleanliness. To each their own. Xun'lin settled himself down to sit, his head high as traditional for lords and high ranked members. He watched her with cautious, calculating verdant eyes. "My general here sent word of your... practices. That of which I am in need of."

"By no surprise, you are aware of the rumors that surround me. None of the Lords, Ladies, nor the Empress and Emperor have spoken to me, but I am sure they are aware of it, too. I know I cannot do anything about what others say, but what I can do is take steps to... amend it." His answer trailed as he looked down at his paws. They can talk. They can ask questions. He could answer them, but how long could he deflect the subject? No one dare come to him... but he didn't want to chance it, give them that opportunity. "I want to do this on my terms."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:39 am
The dark leotah watched as the Lord entered her den, sitting himself down in such a regal fashion that she honestly thought she'd faint. Finishing her task, Davina quickly moved to sit across from him, being sure to keep a respectable distance, something also unusual for the starstruck feline.

"My...practices." The words made her eyes light up with excitement. There was only one thing she did for the pride and that was help anyone in the pride find a match, regardless of their reasoning. Sure, she had heard whispers, minor rumors, but nothing concrete. Him being here was nothing short of confirming them though. How to begin this session...? Normally this would be by appointment, but there was absolutely no way she could turn away a Lord now. But it was obvious why he was here, or at least she thought it was. Oh the prestige she would earn if she made a match for a Lord...

"Well, my Lord, since you already know of my work and my normal setting is is disarray, I suppose we may as well just begin if that's suitable for you. I'll need to learn more about how you see yourself before we can begin to consider a suitable partner." There were a number of eligible lionesses in the pride in a multitude of the houses, but to narrow them down, she needed to learn more about who the Lord was.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:46 am
Xun'lin's eyes remained on the leotah closely as she moved to sit before him. The way she held herself, that twitch of her lip, the twitch of her tail, her body betrayed her. She seemed excited, rightfully so because he was putting his reputation on the line into her paws. He swallowed around a lump in his throat that he wasn't aware was there. Where was he suppose to begin? It wasn't like he had done this before! His mother and father had set him up with a young lioness from another pride in order to establish a good relationship with them. However, when they had reached adolescence that had fallen apart. So this? Was... new.

"I am in need of a ... partner. Female." he quickly confirmed. "She must be of high rank or word will fall upon us from the other Lords and the Empress if I were to merry down. In fact, I don't even want a wedding. This is a lot more complicated than I had prepared for." His eyes rolled with a sigh. It was then that the realization that he had dropped his regal, Lord-like demeanor to a more nonchalant caught him. This wasn't exactly a House matter, it was a personal one. There wasn't a need to use his authority, was there? "What exactly is it that you want to know? Ask and I will tell you."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:54 am
"A lioness then of a high class, a good start. You also want a lioness who does not mind not making a show of the relationship. Some may prefer it, due to the status to come along with it, but that is doable, easily so." Who wouldn't mind if Lady was on the line? Honestly. Off the top of her head, Davina could name several lionesses who would fit.

"Of course, of course. Would you prefer a lioness who would speak her mind, keep her tongue. Would you prefer one without children from a previous mate, or do you not mind? Any particular colors that catch your fancy? Would you prefer a lioness from your House or can she be from any?" There were so many questions and each came out of her mouth faster than the last. Her excitement was everyone in her demeanor and despite her attempts to hide it, it wasn't working one bit.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:03 am
"Not just for show." He hissed. He knew where his sexuality sat on the spectrum. However, he could never ask a female to just pretend to love him. He could not ask a female to pretend to be with him. There was too much of a risk, and there was something morally against it that he did not exactly appreciate the notion of. At the same time, he knew his heart wouldn't entirely be into the female. He could love her, but he wouldn't... be in love with her. He would protect and take care of her as any Lord to his Lady. He let out a low breath as he looked around the cave once more of a distraction method. What was he to do? "I don't want someone who wants to be with me for just the status. Cubs may be involved and I don't think I could just sleep with just any lioness. There has to be some attempts to actually get to know me, at the very least emotionally. So a lion who is doing it just for the status and rank will absolutely not do. Plus, my father would sooner rip her head off, then mine."

With the mention of cubs, he considered other stipulations. Specifically, it would be his first time. Not that this one needed to know that.

Then came the barrage of questions like a monkey spitting seeds! Taken back, he answered them just as quickly as he could.

"She may be able to speak her mind but realize to keep her tongue under circumstances."

"I prefer no other children with another mate, it would cause problems with inheritance."

"N-no, colors don't matter me. It is her personality that I am interested in."

"Any house. But she will end up staying with me, I believe... hopefully. Yes."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:28 am
"I can certainly find several lionesses who may be able to suit your needs, my Lord. You must understand, the questions are necessary for me to ask. Typically I would already have some idea of a possible match for you and while I know of a few, at least one of them that I would want you to meet is out of the pride currently. Until then, I could begin set up meetings with those who I feel may fit your criteria." Luckily he did not seem overly picky, though the need for a high class lady may prove to be the hardest part. On her side were the multitude of duchesses throughout the pride as they were the most plentiful high class lionesses, there are also both of the princesses who were still unmarried and without children as well. So many potential lionesses, but only one would make the cut.

"To explain my services though, as I'm unsure as you were made fully aware, I bridge the gap between the families, breaking through what may be a normally awkward conversation and will approach the family on your behalf, explaining your interest. I will arrange any initial meetings between you and the lioness." Davina's posture changed for the better as she spoke proudly of her profession.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:40 am
"I am certain that many lionesses would want to be with me, miss. I trust that you know what you're doing. This is my reputation and my future, as it were. This matter is enough out of hand as it is. I want to keep this as tightly knit as possible, so I don't to talk to many females. If you are certain that that specific female is the best then that is the only female I want to talk to." The Lord spoke, his head returning high, his maw drew into a tight line. He was putting a lot of faith into this matchmaker. Who would have heard that a matchmaker was matching for a Lord!? Then again, they were all the same with the exception of a title. He was just not very good at getting a female. Perhaps they were intimidated by him ... or his father. Or he was just a sucky suitor. Her was the youngest Lord to date, he had no cubs of his own which meant that if something were to happen, one of his brothers would take his mantle. A part of him was selfish. A part of him wanted cubs. But all of him wanted to be happy.

"I understand the services. What shall I do until then with this matter?" His voice deepened, returning to the Lord demeanor as before. "The female outside of the pride, when should you expect her return?"

Saying he was anxious was ... an understatement.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:16 pm
When the Lord called her miss, Davina nearly swooned. If only she could suggest herself, but her mixed blood prevented that from even being an option. As the Lord began to voice his concern as well as his faith in her, she nodded frequently.

"I...do not know, my Lord. I will see if it may be possible for her to return early, but I know not why she is outside of the pride so I am unable to give a definite on a date she will be returning to the pride." Davina replied to his question with a bow of her head. How she wished she could give him a better answer, but that was the best she could do until she heard more. The leaving of the Ambassador was sudden and unexplained, so there was nothing more she could say on the subject.

She could not begin to understand the excitement or nervousness the Lord must be feeling, but somehow she thought she may be able to relate in her own feelings on the situation. To make a match for a Lord would either make or break her entire career as a matchmaker.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:21 pm
Xun watched her ticks, how she nodded, how she behaved. He cocked a brow at the gestures, unsure what was going on through the young matchmaker's mind. He would assume she was thinking of various females that would be compatible. He would assume she was thinking about her profession and the fame it would garner if she was successful. He hadn't assumed that she was swooning over how handsome he was. He smiled genuinely toward her with a slight nod. "You do the best as you can. I will be sure to check back with you personally. I am going to keep this between the two of us, as far as anyone else knowing about me trying to find someone for myself. It is a shame that the matter is being handled this way, and I certainly hope that the lioness you have in mind doesn't hold it against me." He chuckled with a warm heart, so warm that it would thaw one's nerves with comfort and safety. "Apologizes, my train of thought of concerns."

"If you need nothing else from me, I shall take my leave." The Lord stood tall, adjusting his shoulders to settle the maned wolf pelt nicely over his strong back. "Oh! My greatest apologizes, I do not know your name, miss - "  
[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games