Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sabra Knight
Wandering through the rogue lands had worn on Rasmus. The once social male found that time seemed to go much slower when you traveled on your own. It was strange thinking of his past because the memories seemed more like an illusion, a myth not the reality. How could it be that he had already lost his first home to travel with the females he swore to protect to only lose his second home and them as well? Still the knight moved on. His heart of gold was always available to rogues in need and Rasmus found that travel rather than a steady home seemed to work better for his paws. After all how could he lose another home when he made certain to never claim one? The same was said for his relationships. The mysterious male often kept others at bay, only stopping to help and then to move on once his job was done, so that he wouldn't have to worry about his heart again. Today though as the afternoon sun started rising in the sky the lion had to wonder...was there any point to life now for him? Sighing Rasmus just tucked his paws around his body as he rested beneath a lone tree. Only time would tell what life had in store for him now.

Erre's soft little paws were calloused to the point that each step was more painful than the last. She lilted to the side with her head hung low. Each step was a push just to get her somewhere that she felt safe enough to call it quits; maybe even roll over and die if she was lucky.

Treading on, the young female found herself on the edge of change. She was supposed to find her name and return home, but the relative quietness of the rogue lands kept her anxiety at bay. It was easier for her to cope with than trying to decipher individual sounds in a crowd. Erre's soft gaze took in her surroundings, and with no small amount of worry found the setting sun to be taking over much of the horizon. Was it that late already? She looked about her, and felt her heart clench. Normally she would have found a safe place to stay by now, somewhere tucked far away from the open plains, but Erre found herself woefully unprepared.

So when she saw the unoccupied tree she thought she'd have it made. Erre had seen a few leopards scale them for a quick sleeping spot, and determination made her give it a shot. Of course once she was up a few limbs, barely even off the ground, she discovered she was scared of heights. Mewling, she looked down and hurriedly turned her eyes elsewhere.

Sabra Knight
Rasmus hadn't even realized that he had started dozing until the sound of someone moving around him stirred him. Blinking the lion looked up to try to find the source of the noise. Who was here? Yawning he found himself watching as a young lioness started trying to climb up his tree. A phantom of a smile crossed his features as he backed up to watch her, "I thought you almost had it." He teased lightly as he circled around to approach her. "Though do you really want up there?" Rasmus tilted his head in confusion, "I guess I could give you a boost if you wanted, but I don't think there's really anything up there for you." Unless she wanted to try eating leaves or was trying to get better vision of the area?

Heat built up in her cheeks as Erre's good ear picked up the lion's words. It was convenient for him that he was closer to her functioning side, and a terrible tragedy for her. "I'm just..." She scrambled to find purchase, but so far all she had managed to do was climb with her forepaws. The small lioness' hind legs hung out of the tree, one barely grazing a lower branch with her claws. "I'm just finding a place to sleep, that's all. I can do it myself." Finally her paw managed to get a foot hold and she pushed herself up to a new branch, once that started to sway the moment Erre placed weight on it. She gave a sharp intake of breath and closed her eyes. All she needed to do was get up to the thicker branches...

Sabra Knight
Oh boy. Rasmus just shook his head quietly as he watched her scramble to get to the higher branches, "You sure you want to sleep in a tree? I would be terrified that moving the wrong way in my sleep would cause a bad wake up." The last thing he wanted was to find himself on the ground covered in bruises. Though she was smaller then him so maybe the branches would catch her. Either way as she moved up the tree the lion found his paws digging into the trunk as he pushed his head up through the branches and let her hind legs touch his shoulders, "You're fine." Pushing up once more the lion had to stretch out his body, "I've got you." Even if she fell she could wrap her paws around him and he would take the tumble for her. That was fine by him after all.

Erre frowned, thinking over his advice. It was something she hadn't given herself a chance to think over. What if she really did fall out of the tree? Though she doubted she would get much sleep up here to begin with. Still! "I-I know what I'm doing." She may have been disabled, but Erre didn't need to be treated like a cub by a stranger.

When she found herself touching something solid, she looked down, her mouth drooping open with a flushed gasp. "Y-you- what are you doing? I said I had this!" Wriggling a little, she tried to get higher up without his help, but found it would have been impossible. Stretching herself, Erre reached out for a higher branch...only to have one of her hind paws slip from his shoulder. With a shriek she found herself falling.

Sabra Knight
Rasmus chuckled lightly, "I'm sure you do." Still that didn't help him from lending her a helping paw. The last thing the lion would stand for is letting a lady fall! Not when he was right there to help her. That would just be an awful idea. Plus it was easier to help her now than to help her tend to some broken bones. "I uh...wanted to take a closer look." He commented quietly, "If you get unbalanced just wrap your paws aorund me and I'll help you down." Climbing a tree wasn't an easy feat after all. With her shriek the male automatically reacted. Twisting free from the tree he reached around to tuck the smaller pink body against his and a thud was heard as he hit the ground. My back isn't going to forgive me for that one. Still as he winced the lion let go of the younger lioness to roll away from her, "You okay?"

"A closer look?!" Erre all, but shrieked. "A closer look at what?" His head was already close enough to her lower bits. How much closer did he want to be? Her father had warned her about these types. Oh, if only he were here now!

Wincing, she groaned after her fall and laid her head down against his chest. Erre's heart was thumping so hard that it took her a few moments just to catch her breath. Raising up to look at the lion she had landed on took more strength than climbing the tree. When she was on her own paws, she nodded. "Yeah...sorry about that." Erre shuffled her paws, tilting her good ear to him once more. It was such an obvious movement, and one she had never thought of being odd. "Are you okay?"

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:57 pm
Painted Moose

Rasmus blinked with confusion. "At the tree?" His innocent gaze looked around them, "Is there anything else I would have climbed up to look at?" Was she so offended at him looking at some bark? Not like that was what he was really doing anyways. He was just worried that she was going to harm herself.

Groaning his point was proven as he rolled away. That definitely had been some sort of fall! I was just glad that I could catch her. The last thing he could think of was the girl lying her alone and defensless on the ground. His dizzy mind took a moment to focus on her swaying figure. Was she moving strangely or was his world still spinning?

"I think so...I am alive right?" Wincing once more the lion wobbled up onto his paws and took a step forward, "Yep. I'm still alive." Too much pain not to be. Amused he just blinked over towards the female, "How about you? You alright?"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:04 pm
Sabra Knight
heart

Keeping her right ear cocked towards him, Erre managed to pick up enough of his words to have things seem almost normal. Normal to most, anyway; over extending herself to hear without everything getting jumbled up was fairly normal to her. "You look pretty alive to me."

The young female stayed close just in case he were to take a tumble. Erre nodded, then cast a forlorn look to the tree above. "I'm alright now, but," she gave into a huffing sigh. "-it's too late to find anywhere else to go. I have to try again."

It was the only safe option for her. Shaking her little spotted rump, Erre prepped herself before attempting to climb the tree once more.
heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:28 pm
Painted Moose

Rasmus blinked away the last of the remaining dots, "Thanks. I guess that means I haven't become a ghost just yet." Still his ears were ringing from the fall. Getting hurt for others was good karma right? Rasmus was always thankful that he could help after all and would much rather sacrifice his own well being than seeing a lady like this in trouble.

At her words he had to move forward in protest, "Hold on!" The lion jumped by the tree to look her over, "Why is this your only choice?" He glanced up at the tree, "I don't know if it's any safer breaking a limb climbing it than to stay on the ground..." Trailing off Rasmus glanced around. It truly was an open plain that they were in, "If you're afraid of someone getting you while you sleep then how about this? You can lay next to the tree and I'll stand guard while you sleep."

He shrugged his shoulders, "I have no place to go and I feel plenty awake. Plus who would want to fight two lions together? Much better than being alone in my opinion." That would be a good reason right? The trusting lion had no real clue about how odd it may be for him to volunteer himself for such a duty for a stranger. Still it seemed like a good call to him. She needed sleep and he was willing to let her take the rest she needed.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:26 pm
Sabra Knight

Erre jumped back on her own and hunkered down to put a paw against her good ear. Even the slightest change in tone was hard for her to adjust to, and it was almost painful in a way. She looked at him with a little pout. While Erre might have missed his question, when she lowered his paw she heard the better part of his argument. "If I'm in a tree then I can stay away from bigger predators. Which, is pretty much everyone..." She wasn't delusional; she knew she was shrimpy and handicapped.

She quirked her brow. "...how can I be sure you won't try something while I'm asleep?" As tempted as the little lioness was to curl up for a nice snooze she also wasn't about to trust some strange lion. There had to be a reason why he was no his own.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:22 am
Painted Moose

What was she doing? Rasmus was slightly concerned every time he noticed the female's strange movements. He didn't have much to do with disabled lions, but there was something clicking into place. Not that this was the place to check out some things. Currently he was trying to help after all.

Rasmus grinned, "Well obviously you're already trust me by talking to me." He made certain to speak louder than normal, "If I wanted to do something to you I would have already made a move. So trust me when I say you're safe with me guarding you." The lion smiled, "Just think of me as a wandering knight. I do good deeds for others as it is my honor to do so." He patted the ground, "Now get some rest and stop arguing with me. I'll make sure nothing touches you."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:10 pm
Sabra Knight
One more from him and it's good. c:

"Don't! Don't do that!" Her voice had risen as well, and Erre tried to cover her ears. "Speak normal...however normal is to you. One level. The others hurt." Every little change was something to upset her, and it took a lot of getting used to. It was a lot to ask of a stranger, but if he was going to watch over her he had to know.

And that's how she bedded down; with her ears covered by her paws. It was almost a natural reaction, really. Erre had never felt comfortable sleeping around so many noisy siblings and on her own it was even worse. When she was finally calm even she slipped into a light slumber.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:23 am
Painted Moose

Rasmus took a surprised step back at her reaction. So speaking loudly wasn't the answer then? "I'm sorry." He replied back in his normal tone, "I was hoping to help you. I didn't realize it would hurt instead." He truly felt guilty at the thought. He wanted to help her, not be a cause of her pain.

Smiling faintly at the sight of the young lioness with her ears covered. If he wasn't so worried about her well being it would have been a cute sight to see. Still the lion made certain that she was peacefully sleeping before lying a few spaces away from her himself. Rasmus, however, did not fall asleep but rather stayed as a shield to watch over her.

He was going to keep her safe after all now.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces