Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:17 pm
User Image

In the early morning Hecate jolted awake her heart racing.

Hecate had been restless lately, longing for something to give her relief and make the bad feelings go away. She woke from terrible dreams, in them the moon was on fire and mad; she could feel it burning deep down into her paws, anger and resentment boiling through her. In her waking mind she still felt the anger, the heat of the moon and the grief she felt turned her stomach.

Deciding she wasn't going to get any more sleep she started out on patrol, walking away from the central dens. she want

ecavi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:35 pm
User Image

Amalthea had always enjoyed the night when she was younger, even if she had ultimately failed to get the attention of the Great Lion it had always been nice to see Him. But lately, everything was different. Shangyue's rule made her reluctant to face the moonlight, worried that He might spy the anger and distrust in her heart. Unfortunately for her, she couldn't dictate her own schedule since her job demanded availability and the pride was now most active in the night. Still, she lingered when everybody else started to drift off to rest through the day, trying to find some peace.

She almost never did, unfortunately. But today she happened to spy her sister in the distance and, struck by a sudden wave of guilt over how she had been losing touch with the rest of her family since Shangyue turned the world upside down, she started out on her way to try to catch up to her.

"Hecate!"

Tisiphone

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:47 pm
Hecate turned toward the sound of her sister's voice and started walking towards Amalthea. They hadn't spoken much and it was yet another thing to weigh heavy on Hecate's heart. Whenever Hecate saw Amalthea there was a pang of not-quite-hurt inside of her, just for a moment, a feeling that things were not as they could be. She didn't understand how He could look on Hecate and not on Amalthea. Her own faith had been very rattled by it and she struggled in trusting in The Great Lion, he'd allowed some pretty terrible things to happen.

"Amalthea!" She called her sister's name and broke into a jog to reach her sister. "How are you doing?"

ecavi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:01 pm
Though so much time had passed, Amalthea was happy to see her sister and didn't hold herself back when they met, giving Hecate an affectionate headbutt before backing up to look her in the eye.

"As well as can be expected, I suppose," she answered sadly, "How about you?"

It felt like such a silly question to ask in times like these. Though everything had settled into an eerie kind of peaceful, Amalthea would be shocked to learn if any of her siblings were having an easy time of it. How they all managed to keep their heads down she'd never know, though she guessed it was the knowledge that they were all likely being watched a little more carefully than pride members with no familial connection to murdered monarchs.

Tisiphone

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:10 pm
Ecavi

Hecate returned a headbutt of her own and gave a sad smile. She was raging on the inside but kept her tongue. She looked around and behind Amalthea, seeing if anyone was paying them any more attention than usual. There were always eyes and ears even when you wanted to be alone.

"I'm okay," there was an edge in her voice, "trying to be good and do what I am supposed to do." There were hot tears hiding behind her eyes. "Haven't been sleeping."

She'd gotten herself selected for day shift when she usually roamed at nights. Sometimes the days were more peaceful, no moon-gazing and chatting about Him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:16 pm
It was harder than she had expected, finally being faced with one of her sisters, being forced to talk about how they were OK when they weren't. Though Amalthea couldn't entirely quiet the feeling that her own situation was worst, she knew each and every one of her siblings were suffering as well. The genetic children of Thoth, of course, were oppressed pawns in the political game Shangyue played.. and all of his adopted children were treated with mild suspicion but otherwise like they didn't really count. That feeling of family was something else that the king had taken from them.

"I'm so sorry," she said, sensing that Hecate's grief was far more profound than she was putting on, "I wish there was a way to undo what our nephew has done to us, our family and the pride."

Her words surprised even Amalthea. She knew how she felt, of course, but she hadn't even been brave enough to say it aloud to Horatio. This was not really the time or place to speak so openly but it needed to be said.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:02 pm
"there isn't," Hecate pushed through her clenched teeth and couldn't understand why seeing her sister had brought out so much pain in her. Maybe it was that Hecate was already in pain, she was guard unable to protect her father, unable to protect her king, or her home from the monster that was currently ruling. Maybe it was the dreams driving her mad, she didn't know.

Relaxing her face and taking a deep breath Hecate spoke again, "How..." she started again after a few breaths.

"How are your children?" She tried to shake the anger from her, and visibly shook out her shoulders and sat near Amalthea.

"I'm not keeping you from anything?" she didn't want Amalthea to be running an errand and get in trouble.

ecavi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:23 pm
It was strange seeing Hecate so frustrated and helpless, her siblings had always seemed so strong and together.. but maybe her view from the low class was slightly skewed, even if she never liked to admit it.

When her sister sat, she sat down with her, leaning over for comfort and support.

"I'm not busy, I was just on my way home for the day," she murmured, hoping not to give the impression that she didn't want to talk, "The children are all fine, though I worry about Horae sometimes. And Laelia, but she has Mazin to help keep her temper under control."

Like so many, her family seemed to do its best to keep their heads down and let things remain peaceful, even through the resentment. At least while it remained so quiet, it was easier to let it go.. but it was impossible to forget.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:45 pm
Ecavi

"Maybe a temper runs in the family," she joked.

She felt a sense of calm hearing about something so normal as Amalthea's children. Hecate had always wanted cubs but the right male and the right time. She breathed and leaned in to her sister for support.

"I've been having bad dreams," she mused out loud, "I haven't been sleeping I don't mean to be so..so..weird." She was acting weird she was generally pretty even keel, with a little bit of sass in there.

"I wish I could be more like you, you always seem to know what to do." She admired Amalthea so much. She'd been mad at Him for splitting the siblings into different ranks, but also trusted in Him to know where each of them should go. Amalthea was strong and capable, something Hecate didn't feel she was.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:00 pm
Amalthea smiled. She would never know where exactly her children got their tempers but it did just seem to be a family thing. It was probably only the shock of becoming a slave that had stopped Amalthea herself from being more outspoken and aggressive.

She frowned at the mention of nightmares but started when suddenly Hecate said that Amalthea seemed to have things so well together.

"Well, it's a lot easier to figure out what to do when you don't really have the freedom to choose," she said carefully, and then sighed, "But I suppose we all feel that way nowadays, don't we?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:28 pm
A sharp pain stabbed into her at Amalthea's words. She hadn't thought of it that way, she just saw the strength in her sister, she'd found love, she'd made a life for herself even in the worst of situations.

"I wish I could change so many things. I wish..I wish that our nephew..." she cut off her words before she spoke her true feelings out loud. She didn't want to get Amalthea in trouble if they were over heard. "If I could fix this I would. I would do anything to fix all of this."

She still felt the rage inside of her, but now she felt the grief mingling with the rage. She felt like she could be swept away in those emotions.

Hecate sat quietly not sure what else to say, the lioness wanted to make everything okay.

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games