Submit

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:01 pm
This is, more or less, my little rant of what you mean by having this Guild become unique.

I'm assuming that this Guild will have a RP subforum. Many guilds (within Gaia) are solely based on RP. If you want your Guild to become 'unique' then you need to alter people perception of RP. People give a lot of free reign on their RP ideas while others restrict players in having their RP's correlate with the corresponding theme of the Guild. Considering that this Guild doesn't appear to have a theme going on you have the ability to:
1) Present a theme
2) Give free reign to roleplayers
3) Mix the two so that certain areas grant people free reign to RP while another area restricts roleplayers to a certain theme for their RP
4)You could also add an incentive for RPs such as rewarding people for RPing, granting the best/creative RP idea award, etc. This would motivate people in Roleplaying more often but do realize that people have lives outside of Gaia.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:35 pm
Hope the kind
This is, more or less, my little rant of what you mean by having this Guild become unique.

I'm assuming that this Guild will have a RP subforum. Many guilds (within Gaia) are solely based on RP. If you want your Guild to become 'unique' then you need to alter people perception of RP. People give a lot of free reign on their RP ideas while others restrict players in having their RP's correlate with the corresponding theme of the Guild. Considering that this Guild doesn't appear to have a theme going on you have the ability to:
1) Present a theme
3) Mix the two so that certain areas grant people free reign to RP while another area restricts roleplayers to a certain theme for their RP
4)You could also add an incentive for RPs such as rewarding people for RPing, granting the best/creative RP idea award, etc. This would motivate people in Roleplaying more often but do realize that people have lives outside of Gaia.

Great post! The Arena Subforum will be the RP hub. That is an interesting concept altering perception. Ill have to ponder that and some incentives. I also have a life outside of Gaia so I feel their pain lol. Thank you for your time!  

iTankz
Captain

flutflut
Vice Captain

Hopeful Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:40 am
iTankz
Hope the kind

1) Present a theme

Great post! The Arena Subforum will be the RP hub. That is an interesting concept altering perception. Ill have to ponder that and some incentives. I also have a life outside of Gaia so I feel their pain lol. Thank you for your time!

For me, i think the main reason i don't rp is because some guilds make you keep track of your status and equipment. I like the random "I do this" moments as they can be entertaining. but i'm not always there to find out what happens or continue. plus, there's usually so much to read about for the back story.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:35 pm
Only roleplay I ever got majorly into was one that had no formal rules. One liners were allowed, everyone had kind of their own style but as long as we could all easily tell the difference of spoken, thought, action, and out of character, everything was peachy. Story plots were thought up on a whim and we didn't really take ourselves all that seriously. A lot of us kept up with everything that went on simply because it interested us, but it was by no means a requirement and anyone that didn't keep up could just ask what was going on and someone would explain it.

I can understand the appeal of having strict rule sets and an overall plot to work toward as that makes it a little more like a collaborative novel and helps maintain character balance, but at the same time, I'm far too lazy to bother with something that requires so much out of me just to make a post and interact with others and I'm not entirely alone on that. It takes a certain type of person to regularly contribute to a formal roleplay with strict rules and guidelines whereas a casual one, anyone with even a remote interest can squeeze themselves in one way or another, which can be both good and bad, but I was fine taking the bad with the good.

The roleplay I was involved in was also full of people who had never roleplayed before or had very limited previous experience, so everyone was just kind of learning as we went along.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:09 pm
Perhaps a Guild should have seperate areas in where people who have simple plots in one area while those who wish to have a elaborate plot in another. Its not bad to have one liners. Yes, some people honestly get annoyed by having such elaborate rules. One particular Guild I'm in has so many rules that I honestly feel overwhelmed. Also, for many of the Guilds in Gaia I personally feel that these Guilds could be interesting Roleplays. Although, that is certainly just my idea.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:30 pm
Certainly no harm in having both since different people enjoy different playing styles. Hell, some from one might start to take interest in the other once they familiarize themselves with how they each flow.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

iTankz
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:15 pm
ThisEmptySoul
Certainly no harm in having both since different people enjoy different playing styles. Hell, some from one might start to take interest in the other once they familiarize themselves with how they each flow.

If anyone has a method they would like to employ by all means. I agree it seems like no one wants to be the first to put their business out there, but if there is a lax group it's easier if you know others are doing it and you aren't gonna be crucified for not being in the flow.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:06 pm
Perhaps we should just have an "Idea" thread. That way people could always receive feedback from fellow members, attract people to their RP, make friends, and share ideas. I don't think I see this in other Guilds but it would certainly make this particular Guild more attractive.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

flutflut
Vice Captain

Hopeful Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:16 am
Hope the kind
Perhaps a Guild should have seperate areas in where people who have simple plots in one area while those who wish to have a elaborate plot in another. Its not bad to have one liners. Yes, some people honestly get annoyed by having such elaborate rules. One particular Guild I'm in has so many rules that I honestly feel overwhelmed. Also, for many of the Guilds in Gaia I personally feel that these Guilds could be interesting Roleplays. Although, that is certainly just my idea.

I feel overwhelmed just hearing not one liners, as that's usually what I post. sweatdrop Also, the idea of not being able to drop out (like the game gets put on hold till you get back), also makes me nervous about starting. I think the best rps for me would be come in, react to the last post, and go from there. (in other words, no keeping track or status or hp and stuff.) I'd also like to rp as myself. basically set a scenario like "steals cookies" and everyone else says what they do and we improvise from there. (chatterbox does this sometimes too.) ...maybe i'll start a forum and see if it catches on. surprised  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:12 am
flutflut
I feel overwhelmed just hearing not one liners, as that's usually what I post. sweatdrop Also, the idea of not being able to drop out (like the game gets put on hold till you get back), also makes me nervous about starting. I think the best rps for me would be come in, react to the last post, and go from there. (in other words, no keeping track or status or hp and stuff.) I'd also like to rp as myself. basically set a scenario like "steals cookies" and everyone else says what they do and we improvise from there. (chatterbox does this sometimes too.) ...maybe i'll start a forum and see if it catches on. surprised

That's alright :3

These concerns could come to light if a RP idea catches your away. I believe communication with the RP master (the one in charge of that specific RP) is a great way to voice out your concerns. Also, communicating with the other RPers prevents any misunderstandings from happening.

I do understand where you are coming from. Keeping track of everything should be a separate role (in my opinion). It is cumbersome to constantly keep track of everything that happens within the RP. If someone (perhaps the moderator/ RP master) were to help us keep track of everything I might be more inclines to RP with them. Yet, that task itself is very demanding and might be better suited for someone who wants to do such a task.

Yeah! That idea sounds interesting! When the Guild attracts more members than your forum will be very attractive to people who share your concerns.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

flutflut
Vice Captain

Hopeful Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:16 am
Hope the kind
flutflut

That's alright :3

These concerns could come to light if a RP idea catches your away. I believe communication with the RP master (the one in charge of that specific RP) is a great way to voice out your concerns. Also, communicating with the other RPers prevents any misunderstandings from happening.

I do understand where you are coming from. Keeping track of everything should be a separate role (in my opinion). It is cumbersome to constantly keep track of everything that happens within the RP. If someone (perhaps the moderator/ RP master) were to help us keep track of everything I might be more inclines to RP with them. Yet, that task itself is very demanding and might be better suited for someone who wants to do such a task.

Yeah! That idea sounds interesting! When the Guild attracts more members than your forum will be very attractive to people who share your concerns.

I made one at the bottom of the list of forums. (I put it at the bottom 'cause I didn't ask itankz first. sweatdrop ) I hope it's not too much like chatterbox. It is kinda just randomly do something and go from there. We'll see how it goes.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:23 am
flutflut
I made one at the bottom of the list of forums. (I put it at the bottom 'cause I didn't ask itankz first. sweatdrop ) I hope it's not too much like chatterbox. It is kinda just randomly do something and go from there. We'll see how it goes.

Hmmmm....maybe putting of examples of what you expect would be a good start. Sometimes a vague direction can lead to problems ^^  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

flutflut
Vice Captain

Hopeful Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:56 am
Hope the kind
flutflut

Hmmmm....maybe putting of examples of what you expect would be a good start. Sometimes a vague direction can lead to problems ^^

nah. it's supposed to be vague. this way people can shape the story themselves. That's what improv is all about. one person says "throws a banana" and nobody knows where that banana came from but now it's there and we can do what we use that now too! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:16 pm
flutflut
Hope the kind
flutflut

nah. it's supposed to be vague. this way people can shape the story themselves. That's what improv is all about. one person says "throws a banana" and nobody knows where that banana came from but now it's there and we can do what we use that now too! 3nodding

I think what you just said should be put to give a better picture of what people can do.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
SUGGESTIONS!!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items