Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] cold weather high (Tuyet & kefanaan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:07 am
User Image

The moon was full, and when the moon was full it was nice to look up at it, especially when the sky was clear. The sky was often clear in the mountains, despite the frequent snowfall and ice it was often clear and it was one of the best places to watch the skies.

The pale goddess lay in the snow on her back, batting at the stars high above. She knew she was being silly but by creating a larger than average hail ball she could bat it around in her paws and with the way the moon shone off, of it, it looked like she was playing with a star. She liked that idea, as silly as it was, she liked it. With the cold at her back which she barely noticed because of her thicker than average fur and a star in her paws she was quite content.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:36 pm
User ImageKefa was mulling over a rumour he'd heard recently, the idea that there was, in fact, a god of Change. He didn't know why this fact surprised him, or why his mind could not leave it alone. Perhaps it was because his own domain, Impermanence, was so very like change, and yet to his knowledge they were unrelated. That did not make sense to the young god.

His coat colors were shifting unconsciously in a swirling grey and white pattern that blended reasonably well with his snowy surroundings. If he wanted to he could stop them from doing that and keep his appearance the same, but he had learned that when he did that, things around him began to change, and that could be a nuisance.

Still, it was a nice clear night with a lovely full moon, and the god Kefanaan was determined to relax and enjoy himself. That meant not thinking about the existence of a god whose powers must be quite similar to his own.

His plans to relax were disturbed when he realized that he was not alone, and that his accidental company was another god. Really, what were the odds of that happening?

"Quick, they're after me!" he announced, leaping to the goddess's side with his eyes opened wide as if in fear.

Syrius Lionwing
Quick thing about Kefa: his appearance is in constant flux unless he makes a conscious effort to hold one form. He also isn't particularly married to holding one physical shape, so no only do his coat patterns change, but sometimes he doesn't have fur at all, or legs, or sometimes he has spines or extra wings or something. So feel free to decide what Tuyet sees when she looks at him.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:49 pm
Tuyet wasn't easily surprised, if anything she liked to be the one causing the surprise. This male, had surprised her, no, he hadn't surprised her, he had shocked her. His appearance for a start was that of a crazed creature lost in the cold. Was that a spine? Why did his fur keep changing? He definitely had wings right?

"I was trying to relax here buddy, who is after you?" The thick furred goddess rolled over dropping her large ball of ice. She raised a brow and growled spreading her double see through wings and looking at the strange male through suspicious eyes.

"Can you sort of stop changing? You're making me feel sick."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:56 pm
Kefa took a moment to look at the lioness, really look at her, and use his power to see some of the changes she had been through. Sometimes that could help him know someone better, but mostly it gave him a headache and not much else. This was one of those not-helpful times. All he got was that she hadn't changed in a long time. Well, obviously. She was a goddess.

He brought a webbed paw up to rub at his suddenly aching head and managed a smile. "No one, actually. I just thought it would be more interesting if I appeared like that, rather than some other way."

He continued to rub at his forehead, his webbed paw briefly turning into fingers to do so more effectively until the goddess asked if he could stop changing. He could do that. It would mean things around them would start changing, but maybe if he kept his changes smaller and less noticeable, he could keep changing without making her sick. He'd done it in the past.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry about that." He forced his body into more or less the one he'd been born with, only adult. "It's easier to let it happen than not, but I wouldn't want to make you sick."

The swirls on his underside and the side of his body that were away from the goddess continued to move, but he supposed she wouldn't mind that, as long as she didn't have to look at it. He knew she would mind a great deal if the change that his powers elicited turned out to be the snow melting, or something. This high up, that could cause an avalanche. Not that an avalanche would be particularly dangerous to either one of them, but that was beside the point.

"I'm Kefanaan," he offered, smiling despite his headache. He really shouldn't have bothered looking.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:20 pm
The goddess pursed her lips and stared fixedly at the male, she was pretty much glad he had stopped shifting different parts of himself, she wanted to bite the hand off that ribbed his forehead, it seemed so unnatural. "I get god from you buyout what the heck are you?" She didn't usually care, she had been bread in to indifference but she had never seen anything quite so weird and unusual before.

"Tuyet, goddess of hail." She murmurs, her usually confidence quite shaken by this strange beast.

She chuckled though when he admitted to just diving in like that for shits and giggles. "I like to do that to, normally, of course, I'm usually the one doing the dramatic landing not the one being dramatically disturbed." Again she pursed her lips a further curious look crossing her maw.

"Have this." She raises a paw and forms a massive ball of ice in her paw, she had made bigger, she had made bigger fall from the sky too, that had been a rather disastrous day but she could use her huge hailstones for good, if the mood took her, today the mood took her. "Hold this against your head it might shift that headache.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:57 am
"Impermanence," Kefa answered promptly. "You know, the nature of things to change over time. I figure that's probably why my appearance changes like it does, though sometimes it can be a bit extreme."

It also didn't quite follow that if impermanence was simply the nature of things to change over time, that Kefa's appearance should change so drastically. Most gods did not grow up to have fins or scales unless they had them when they were born, so it was unlikely that his physical changes were the result of him shifting into something he would eventually become. But thinking about that sort of thing gave Kefa a headache, so he tended not to do it. And since he already had one, he certainly wasn't going to go into it now.

"Hail. Nice. You'd fit right in with my family. It's got Glaciers, Mist, and Permafrost." It also had Durability, Obscurity, and Seasons, but there was no need to complicate things too much.

"Anyway, I'm glad I didn't startle you too badly. It didn't occur to me until, well, much too late to do anything about it, that you might not appreciate me butting in like that."

Kefa frowned briefly at the hailstone and had to actually force himself not to develop thick-skinned, plush-furred hands to grasp it with. He was probably one of the only creatures in Africa to have a proper appreciation for opposable thumbs, but boy did he! Instead he had to perform some complicated maneuvers with his forepaws to accept the frigid item and bring it to his head.

"Thanks," he said, because despite the difficulty, he appreciated the thought.

Syrius Lionwing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:35 pm
Princess_Feylin

The goddess tilted her head, a feeling of slight confusion crossed her brow but she accepted the gods explanation.Change over time. She was a young goddess, compared to her mother who had been around longer than most, she was a very young goddess and yet even in her short time on the earth, she had seen much change, never as much as this god must have seen though.all that change in such a short time. No wonder he had a headache.

"No, I just,I'm more used to causing the startle." She chuckles and flickers her tail, her blue eyes fixed upon the male as he held her ice to his forehead.

"Do you have to change?" She frowned, the question seemed rather personal, even to her, but she had to ask. "Can't you decide not to?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:15 am
"Do you cause the startle on purpose, or is it more of an incidental thing?" he asked, doing his part to carry on the conversation, although there had been quite a pause before her words and his.

Holding the hailstone to his head without opposable thumbs was really quite a challenge, and it was proving a minor distraction, as it turned out. Not that Kefa intended to admit that. It would have been rude and he generally tried not to alienate people by being rude, since his appearance could be plenty off-putting on its own.

"Er...as far as having to change, I can decide not to, but when I do that things around me start to change. Like it might suddenly get warmer, or rocks might start eroding, or something. I've found people are even more unsettled by that than they are my appearance." So he didn't usually try to hold himself to one form for too long.

"Plus, it's useful to be able to change at will. Like, I can be perfectly camouflaged, or I can be really resistant to heat, or I can have a super thick skull if something's about to hit it. Or thumbs. Those are so awesome."

Syrius Lionwing
I'm so sorry. I lost this RP somehow.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out