Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Seto Kaiba

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ItsOverIsntIt

Dapper Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:14 am
So I'm going to be a college student fairly soon but I have two cons coming up. I want to do at least one new cosplay. So I was thinking, buy seto's coat(conviently it comes with armbands) straigten on of my wigs and I have knee high boots with buckles all the way up. The card locket would just be my brothers blue eyes white dragon on a lanyard. Would this be okay? Does anyone even still watch yugioh? I'm a short girl so would I be able to pull him off? And does anyone know of a better way to do the necklace?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:27 pm
It sounds to me like you're going to have so much fun! You shouldn't let your body type determine the cosplay you want to do. The point of cosplay is to have fun! I'm pretty tall, but I've still cosplayed as Hiei before, and had a blast!

Your game plan sounds great! The main thing I might recommend is getting a sleeve for the card to protect it, or coat it with modge podge to make it more durable.  

xinitia

Crew

ItsOverIsntIt

Dapper Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:45 am
My brother has four blue eyes(if I can ever find them, I might have to wait till he's back from college) and so I was going to put one in a leather backed id holder lanyard and carry around the other three for giggles. My main problem is deciding where to get the coat. Custom building one or getting one to is upwinds of 250, which I don't have. The one I'm looking at right now is made of polyester, but I have no idea where it would give the flare I need when walking. I hear it's a heavier fabric.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:55 pm
MJforeverkingofpop
My brother has four blue eyes(if I can ever find them, I might have to wait till he's back from college) and so I was going to put one in a leather backed id holder lanyard and carry around the other three for giggles. My main problem is deciding where to get the coat. Custom building one or getting one to is upwinds of 250, which I don't have. The one I'm looking at right now is made of polyester, but I have no idea where it would give the flare I need when walking. I hear it's a heavier fabric.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Where the flare starts will depend a lot on how it sits on your frame. It looks like it's designed to flare at or just below the illiac crest (top of the hip bone; if you put your hands on your hips it's the bone you put your weight on). If the torso is a bit long, it'll flare a bit lower, and visa versa.  

xinitia

Crew

Cosplay Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces