Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Eeylops Owl Emporium ~ New Summer Sales! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:46 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓞𝔀𝓷𝒆𝓻 𝓸𝒇 𝓔𝒆𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓼 𝓞𝔀𝓵 𝓔𝓶𝓹𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓾𝓶

Milo smiled at May, then shook hands with the very polite young fellow named Colin. "Well hello there, Mister Colin. Pleasure to meet someone so excited by owls. They're my favorite animal." He focused a bit, waving his fingers just right to make his patronus appear. The silvery owl circled around, then vanished into thin air. When the boy noticed Kerrin, he declared the bird needed a monocle. Milo glanced at Kerrin, who was all fluffed out with pride. "You know, if you can get him to wear a monocle, I'll let you. He won't even wear hats. Kevin will. He's the one on the perch there. He's my other owl. I got him when I was eleven." He gestured to the clearly older owl, who seemed more interested in his nap. Hurriedly, the blonde launched into what he wanted, including books. "So a boy and a girl, plus some books on how to care for them. I like your way of thinking. Any idea what breeds you want to look into? I know all about each of the owls, so feel free to ask questions. They're all very kindly, I do assure you of that." He smiled, stepping away for a second to get a few different books, and a small pouch of treats. "Let's see, I've got a few books for you. This one's called You and Your Owl and it's great for first-timers; one about the breeds, but that's pretty broad, so probably not helpful; and here's one about how the owls fly for the post. Pretty nifty." He nodded, grabbing two copies of each to set on the counter. He smiled at young Colin, who was trying to explain his parents. "Muggles. That's really cool. Normally, muggleborns don't come in so knowledgeable about owls. I'll bet you liked them before, didn't you?" He smiled, remembering when he got Kevin. He'd always liked owls, and it wasn't a question what his first pet would be.

The Shiny Furret

Cara MiaKitty

I ʙᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴀ σηє ωαу тιcкєт ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴋɴᴇᴡ I'ᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ
Uɴʟᴇss I ᴡᴀs ᴀʙᴏᴀʀᴅ ᴀ ᴊᴇᴛ ᴘʟᴀɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ gσιηg ∂σωη
Wʜᴇɴ I ᴡɪᴘᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ тєαяѕ ƒяσм му єуєѕ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀᴍ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴍᴇ ʙʏ ѕυяρяιѕє
Aɴᴅ I ᴡᴏᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ʙᴇsɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ I ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴇᴅ ǀ мυѕт вє ιη Ƈαℓιƒσяηια
Aᴍ I ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴏʀ ɪs ᴛʜɪs נυѕт α ∂яєαм?
Tʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴇᴀʀ ɪs ᴏᴜᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡɪʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ℓσνєℓу ℓιѕт ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴀʀᴍs
Sᴏ I'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴇᴇʟ αℓσηє ιη уσυя αямѕ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:18 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Spastic at the Owl Shop with Mrs. Macclellan
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Amazed
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I've never seen so many owls!!! ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ɾεχ ṃαɾќṡlεÿ ώαṡ α τ ï ṉ ќ ε ɾ ε ɾ , ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αṉ εṉģïṉεεɾ ε χ τ ɾ α ø ɾ ḋ ï ṉ α ï ɾ ε ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxx
                                                          hε ṃαḋε συïсќ-ɾεløαḋïṉģ ģ α ḋ ģ ε τ ṡ ṡø hε сøυlḋ ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxx
                                                          ƒ ï ɾ ε ṉøṉ-ṡτøρ ώïτh ρ α ṉ α с h ε αṉḋ ƒ l α ï ɾ ↞ ↞ ↞xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceColin beamed at Milo when the man shook his hand. "I love owls! I dunno if they're my favorite, but they're pretty awesome!" Truth be told, the blonde had trouble choosing a 'favorite' for pretty much anything. Animal, food, dessert... he liked a lot of things. The child watched in awe as the man made a silvery smoke-like owl appear, eyes going wide. "Wooooah! That's amazing!" he exclaimed."Am I gonna learn how to do that at school? It's awesome!" Colin simply could not get over how cool magic was. His mum was still a bit skeptical of it, not in that she doubted its existence, just that she questioned what it could really do. His dad was utterly baffled by it.

spaceThe first year turned when Milo pointed out another owl, grinning at the sight of him. "They live that long?" he asked, wondering exactly how old Mister Milo was. It'd be rude to ask, though, so he didn't. Instead, he simply nodded at the shop owner's comments on what he wanted. "I'm not picky! I just want owls. Though... maybe something small and cute for my parents? It's for both of them technically, but my mum'll be the one who she really belongs to. She likes small cute things." He glanced around the shop, approaching one cage to see a small bird. "This one's cute!" he said, smiling. "Is it a girl or a boy? I'd really rather Mum get a girl, but it's not that important... I want mine to be grumpy looking. I want a grumpy owl!" He grinned widely, watching the small saw-whet owl inside the cage intently. Milo said they were all kind, and he found the man to be very trustworthy seeming, so he doubted if there would be any problem with temperament.

spaceHe glanced over his shoulder to watch Milo collect the books, offering Miss Macclellan an excited smile as the man talked about the books. "I dunno if the breed one'll matter much, if I'm going to buy the owls now. But it might be interesting to read! ... Maybe one of those, just for me? All the others, though! My dad'll like the one about the post, I bet." He nodded when the older man used the word he'd been trying to think of, nodding enthusiastically. "That's the word! And muggleborn means I'm magic even though they're not, right?" The boy made a mental note to try and remember that better. It'd probably help him a lot in the long run. He felt like he had an awful lot of catching up to do with his classmates; presumably, most of them would be from magical families. They probably all already knew a ton of stuff, and he was completely in the dark.

space"I did like owls before, though, yeah. I like steampunk, and owls are really popular with steampunk stuff. I don't really know why, maybe it's 'cause they're supposed to be wise. But, my Mum and I are gonna build a clockwork owl! I've already got blueprints drawn up and everything!" Granted, said blueprints were more like little sketches of what the exterior would supposedly look like when they were done, but such details weren't important right now. Colin didn't actually know that much about how the clockwork stuff worked just yet, he was only just starting to learn, but he'd get it figured out soon enough, he was sure. "... Do wizards have steampunk? I saw a lot of people in the street dressed kind of old-fashioned."

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx↠ ↠ ↠ τhε ṃαṉ ώαṡ α l ε ģ ε ṉ ḋ αṉḋ hεɾø τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h αṉḋ τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h
                                                          xxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ ɾεχ ώαṡ α ƒ ɾ ï ε ṉ ḋ τø τhε в α τ τ ε ɾ ε ḋ αṉḋ τhε в ɾ υ ï ṡ ε ḋ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ hε hαḋ ṡεεṉ α løτ øƒ ώ ø ṉ ḋ ε ɾ ṃ ε ṉ τ ṡ ïṉ hïṡ ģ l ø ɾ ÿ ḋ α ÿ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ hε ḋ ï ε ḋ αṉ ø l ḋ ṃ α ṉ αløṉε øṉ τhε ρ ɾ α ï ɾ ï ε τhεÿ ṡ α ÿ

(( OOC: ))

The Shiny Furret

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

Milo watched the boy closely, smiling when he admitted he wasn't sure about his favorite animal. He seemed like he'd be good with a multitude of animals, anyway. After showing of the patronus, much to the boy's amusement, Milo laughed. "You will learn it, actually. It's only in a defense class though, so make sure you do your best!" He smiled, happy to see kids so enthusiastic. Honestly, Colin reminded him of Dris, what with his huge imagination and love of magic. At once, Colin asked if owls lived "that" long, implying Milo was a dinosaur or something. "Well, magical animals do tend to live longer, but I'm not terribly old either!" He laughed, hoping not to embarrass the kid.

Colin hurried to mention he wanted a grumpy looking owl for himself, and a tiny cute one for his mum. At the thought of a grumpy bird, Milo thought of selling the very angry Chet... but Dris and Thane would probably murder him. He did, however have a rather codgery old fellow on the floor... luckily he didn't try to take fingers as battle trophies. He gently led the boy to the owl This little fellow is rather cranky, but he can be playful once in a while. And, despite his grumpy attitude, he is good about being cared for. My brother has an owl that'll try and rip to shreads anyone that dares get too close. Mean old thing." He chuckled, showing off the amber-eyed owl. The man held out a small handful of owl treats, inviting Colin to make friends... if he liked the owl, that is.

Colin mentioned steampunk, which briefly made Milo life an eyebrow. He spoke of building a clockwork owl, and the man had to admit that sounded pretty cool. "When you finish, bring it in. I'd love to see it! And maybe I can use magic to animate it or something. That might be neat." Colin then asked if wizards liked steampunk because they dressed old. "Well, depends who you ask. I like it, because I grew up learning about muggles and their trends. Some pureblood families have... limited knowledge on muggles and their technology. I know that the Muggle Studies class teaches on how to work a toaster, and how to clean without magic. The worlds are a bit polar opposite, actually. But, a lot of the aspects are very old fashioned, so you might just love it." He knew Dris did. The seven year old was just waiting for his eleventh birthday. He even kept trying to use magic, which was occasionally a problem.

The Shiny Furret

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:42 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Spastic at the Owl Shop with Mrs. Macclellan
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Amazed
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I've never seen so many owls!!! ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ɾεχ ṃαɾќṡlεÿ ώαṡ α τ ï ṉ ќ ε ɾ ε ɾ , ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αṉ εṉģïṉεεɾ ε χ τ ɾ α ø ɾ ḋ ï ṉ α ï ɾ ε ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxx
                                                          hε ṃαḋε συïсќ-ɾεløαḋïṉģ ģ α ḋ ģ ε τ ṡ ṡø hε сøυlḋ ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxx
                                                          ƒ ï ɾ ε ṉøṉ-ṡτøρ ώïτh ρ α ṉ α с h ε αṉḋ ƒ l α ï ɾ ↞ ↞ ↞xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceColin's excitement grew tenfold when Milo told him he would learn how to make the silvery owl at school. The idea of a defense class was interesting as well, that sort of thing had never been mandatory at his other schools. Was it an elective he could take, or required? He did have a book on his list that seemed to be for such a course. The boy did blush when the man said that he wasn't that old, expression growing apologetic. "I didn't mean it like that! I just dunno how long owls normally live! Dogs only live like ten years, and cats live around twenty. I thought most birds and rodents lived shorter lives than them," he exclaimed, not wanting the kind older gentleman to think he'd been insulting him. That wasn't the sort of impression he wanted to make at all! But, Milo had to at least have graduated more than ten years ago, so he'd been surprised the owl was still alive. That was all.

spaceColin followed the shop owner towards and owl, eyes growing wide and amused. Oooh, he was perfect! He looked like a grumpy old man, exactly like what the boy was looking for. But he was also tiny, and cute, and looked... sort of wise. "He's perfect!" the blonde declared excitedly. "He looks just like a Walter! Or, I dunno, maybe a Gandalf. But I'm gonna name him Walter." The first year wondered if the magical folk would even know who Gandalf was. How much did they know about muggle stuff? It seemed like the two worlds were pretty separate.

spaceThe child was excited that Milo wanted to see his clockwork owl, though. He grinned ear to ear, clapping a bit. "I'll bring it in! It... it might be a while. I need my Mum's help, and she can't help much when I'm at school, so it's going to have to be a Summer project. Also I'm not very good at making the stuff work right just yet. It's pretty tricky. But I'll figure it out!" He did frown a bit when Milo said he could animate it with magic. "You won't need magic to animate it! That's why it's clockwork, it'll move on its own! With a windup key! Otherwise it's just a little metal owl." Not that Colin wasn't intrigued by the idea of using magic to animate things, but this particular project, the whole point was figuring out how all the gears needed to fit together and all that so that it would work when you wound it up. He planned for it to flap its wings, or maybe turn its head. Maybe both. If he were really ambitious, he'd try to make one that could hoot, but he wasn't sure if that was reaching too far.

spaceHearing about how little some magical people knew about muggle stuff was weird, mostly because Colin felt like that sort of stuff was really commonplace. Well, maybe not steampunk, but other stuff. They didn't know how to clean without magic? How weird was that? "Can't you not use magic until you've been in school, though? How do the kids help clean if they dunno how to do it without magic? Or do the adults do all the cleaning because they have magic?" The concept of not helping clean around the house was an odd one. Colin's parents would never let him sit around while they cleaned everything. Then again, maybe it was much easier with magic? Still, he was expected to help out, he didn't see that being different if they'd been magical. His parents worked a lot, and they were tired all the time. They didn't have the energy to do all the cleaning. Magic seemed like it should require a lot of energy. He didn't quite get how it worked yet, but surely it took something out of you when you used it? Otherwise it made no sense whatsoever. Then again... it was magic. Maybe magic didn't make sense.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx↠ ↠ ↠ τhε ṃαṉ ώαṡ α l ε ģ ε ṉ ḋ αṉḋ hεɾø τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h αṉḋ τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h
                                                          xxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ ɾεχ ώαṡ α ƒ ɾ ï ε ṉ ḋ τø τhε в α τ τ ε ɾ ε ḋ αṉḋ τhε в ɾ υ ï ṡ ε ḋ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ hε hαḋ ṡεεṉ α løτ øƒ ώ ø ṉ ḋ ε ɾ ṃ ε ṉ τ ṡ ïṉ hïṡ ģ l ø ɾ ÿ ḋ α ÿ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ hε ḋ ï ε ḋ αṉ ø l ḋ ṃ α ṉ αløṉε øṉ τhε ρ ɾ α ï ɾ ï ε τhεÿ ṡ α ÿ

(( OOC: ))

The Shiny Furret

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:12 am
User ImageUser Image

Milo felt a bit bad when poor Colin tried to explain that he wasn't being offensive, so the man lifted his hand. "I was teasing, Colin. But yes, the owls here are raised as magical companions. While normally a domesticated, captive owl would live near fifteen years, magic ones will probably live twenty or so. That's why I've had Kevin.... sixteen or so. He's a faithful companion at that!" There. Hopefully the boy didn't feel awful or anything!

After showing him an owl, Colin seemed to fall in love. He declared him 'Walter' and compared him to Gandalf, which made Milo laugh. "The Grey or the White?" He liked the owl, even if he could be a bit angry. He marked on the docket in his hand that Walter was sold, then led the boy to a set of smaller cages, wherein sat a Saw-Whet on a perch. She was clicking at another owl, but stopped to fluff out her feathers and squawk at Milo. The owner laughed, sliding in a treat. "You said you wanted one both small and friendly for your mum, I almost immediately thought of this little lady. My son likes playing with her." He grinned, hoping Colin would like this suggestion as well.

Colin happily spoke about the clockwork owl, and his plans to build it... without magic. "Aaah. I think my husband would be better at that sort of thing. I'm not good with mechanical whatsahoosits." He laughed, hoping the boy would laugh with him... and not at him. He asked how kids cleaned without magic, and Milo pondered a moment. "Well, often the ones that don't know how are from the old magic families, the pureblooded lines. Sometimes, yes, the adults just clean with magic, and sometimes they have sweet little creatures called house-elves to clean up too. They're like... maids and cooks... and little friends all in one. You might even get to meet some at school!" He nodded, smiling brightly.

The Shiny Furret

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:45 pm
Asher and Amethyst

Amethyst walked into the shop with a look of amazement on her face. She headed straight for the counter while her cousin, Asher, shuffled in the door. Clearly entranced by all the birds inside, Asher took particular notice of a big black owl perching near the front door and gravitated towards it. She then proceeded to transfigure a rock into a live mouse and offer it to the handsome feathered creature. She pet its beautiful feathers.

"YO MILO!!!" Amethyst began drumming on the counter. "Where you at, boy? I got somethin for ya! Straight from the pot!"

"PFF!!!" Asher snorted, trying desperately to not start bursting out in laughter.... "The pot... oh my GOD..." Amethyst snickered, rolling her eyes.

"the POFFLE pot, Asher.... my restaurant. The one accross the street. Or did you spend too much time lurking about in that dark rat cave that is Knockturn alley to notice?" Asher stuck out her tongue and Amethyst returned the favor. "ANYWAY,...." Amethyst continued. "I brought you something! Get yo butt out here!"

Asher shook her head and continued to admire her new owl friend  

PumpkinSpikes

Feral Abomination

12,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:09 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

𝓞𝔀𝓷𝒆𝓻 𝓸𝒇 𝓔𝒆𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓼 ℳ𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓷
ℱ𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓻𝒆 ℋ𝓸𝓰𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓢𝓽𝓾𝓭𝒆𝓷𝓽 𝓐𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓽 ℋ𝒆𝓪𝓻𝓽

Milo was hard at work cleaning cages, whistling as he worked. His son had chosen to spend the day there, so Dris was set up at his small table with all his paints. Milo perked up his ears when he heard the door chime. As he was about to greet the person, they spoke up, rather loudly, proclaiming they were looking for him. She had... something from the pot? He blinked a few times, then scurried over to the counter. Standing there was one of the people he'd met recently, Amethyst. She and another woman were giggling, so he offered a smile. "Hello, Amethyst, and a hello to you, too. How may I help you?" He was really happy to have guests again.

Dris was painting in blues when the door tinkled, then he hurried to use a bit of yellow. They were a very happy sound, he reasoned. When people came in being loud, he stared at them, fingers sitting still against his paper. He couldn't pin a color to them... yet. But he would. He usually did. They said they brought something for Milo, so when the man hurried to them, Dris slipped closer, peeking at the loud people from behind a birdcage. It was a really tall one! Unluckily, his secret hiding spot was given away when Kerrin sat on his head like a little goofus.

{OoC:}
AccioPumpkin

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:19 pm
"Milo!" Amethyst gave her friend a hug. "THERE you are, monkey.... I made you this!" She pulled out from her bag a container that, when opened, made a heavenly smell of cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar fill the room. "It's my own recipe. Butterbeer bread pudding! Sort of a thank you for welcoming me to Diagon Alley." She smiled and set the dessert on the counter.

"Also," she continued, "I want you to meet someone." She pulled Asher from the owl perch, but not before she could grab the owl she was petting. She liked it and didnt want to leave it. "This is my cousin Asher." She nudged her cousin. "Say hi." Asher shot her a look.
"Hello." She continued to stroke the bird in her arms.  

PumpkinSpikes

Feral Abomination

12,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:34 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Milo smiled at Amethyst, then accepted her gift. She called him monkey, which confused him a tinge. Oh well. She was probably just trying to be friendly in her own way. His lip quivered a bit at the smell, since it was nice and cinnamon-y. Mmmmm. "I'll have to bring you some of my Nan's cheesecake. Other than my brother, she's the best ever at cheesecakes. And you're more than welcome. It's always nice to make friends, particularly when neighbors... even more so when they own food places." He laughed, a jovial smile on his lips. At that, Amethyst brought over the other young woman, and she was holding one of the owls from the front. Milo tossed the bird a treat, smiling. "Hello, Asher. Welcome to Eeylops."

Dris scooted closer to his dad, paint streaked through his hair, today a bright blue. He looked at the people, grinning. "I'm Dris. Well... Driskol... but only Dris, okay?" He smiled, eyes wide in excitement. Milo rumpled his son's hair, then nodded. "Yes indeed, this is my son. He's spending the day with me, which is fun for everyone." He grinned, and the boy mirrored, though he had a few gaps in his teeth. He wondered about the girls, but was distracted my Kerrin's trying to nest in his hair.

AccioPumpkin

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:24 pm
Amethyst smiled at the little boy.
"Aww omg you're adorable!" She offered him some pudding as well.
Asher looked up at Milo, in response to the welcome. She looked down at the ground. "Thanks." She turned to the boy. "And hi." She shuffled her foot for a bit. "Hey listen..." she mumbled, "the bird...." She held up the owl she had managed to bond with and dropped a few galleons, about fourteen, onto the counter without looking back up. She glanced at Milo only briefly and then locked her gaze back to the floor, clutching the bird and stroking it nervously.  

PumpkinSpikes

Feral Abomination

12,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:12 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Milo glanced at his son, then hugged him a bit. With a small grin, the boy looked up, easily showing his paint covered hands and arms. "Thank you. I will snack on it later! I'm all painty and don't want my food to be red." He smiled, not realizing that his hands were splattered with blues and greens, no red to be seen. Milo clucked at the boy, then set the pudding on the counter. The quiet radio in the shop changed songs, seemingly a surprise to Dris, who scurried to his table and grabbed his orange. He had to paint this song!

Milo watched the boy run off, then turned his attention back to the girls. Asher looked nervous, then put a dozen or so galleons on the counter. After he counted them up to fourteen, he looked back at her. "I take it you'd like to adopt that handsome fellow? He's been needing a good home. I would take him, but my brother's owl doesn't like new people... or owls. Kev and Ker barely manage to share space with him!" He laughed, thinking about Thane's evil owl. As if on cue, Kerrin, the younger owl, landed on Milo's wrist and cooed happily.

AccioPumpkin

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:27 pm
Asher nodded, still not looking up. She set eight more galleons on the counter, along with a few mice and a pack of owl treats. Amethyst quickly took notice of her cousin's behavior and gave her a puzzled look.
"Yo Ash. What's gotten into you? You're acting all weird. Asher shrugged only slightly, and so quickly that it would have easily gone unnoticed if one wasn't paying close attention. Her eyes quickly glanced back at the pile of coins on the counter and back to the floor. She hugged her bird. Amethyst just stared at her, eyebrows raised, truly unsure what to think. Just then, a fat, fluffy, yellow puffskein scuttled into the building and hopped onto the counter. It scurried around for a minute and then dashed over to dris. It set its face on his hand and started making a low purring sound.  

PumpkinSpikes

Feral Abomination

12,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:01 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Milo watched Asher set more coins upon the counter, then take a few mice and a set of treats. At... At least she was paying for everything. Though, it was a bit of an odd scenario. Amethyst seemed to think it all odd, but Milo didn't mind much. He watched in amusement as a puffskein scuttled into the building. Honestly, Milo had always found them a bit annoying, but they were friendly. The creature hurried back to where Dris was sitting. After a grand total of three seconds, the boy noticed the creature and yelped. He stared at it for a second, then lifted it and ran to show the thing off. "Lookit! It's so fluffly! And very orange sounding. Do you like it?!" After getting confirmation that his dad liked the... the thing, Dris stared into it's fluffy little face trying to figure it out.

AccioPumpkin

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:14 pm
Dris' excitement about the puffball snapped Amethyst out of her focus on Asher and redirected it to him.
"Ahh THERE you are." Amethyst looked at the puff that was now licking dris' face. "That's my pet puffskein, Pikachu. My restaurant, the Poffle Pot, has a bunch of those things scurrying everywhere haha. You're welcome to stop by anytime, little dude!" She smiled and stroked the fur on Pikachu, who was now attempting to climb onto Dris' head. "He seems to really like you." Amethyst said, laughing. Asher shoved her coins further up the counter and sat down on the floor against it. Her hand reached back up onto the counter, placing on it a few more galleons and another pack of treats, and then disappeared back into her hoodie pocket. Amethyst shook her head, just staring at Asher. What the heck was her problem?  

PumpkinSpikes

Feral Abomination

12,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:54 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Milo watched Dris hold the little puffball, trying not to cringe as it licked the boy's face. Dris Held his arms out, unsure what to do. He listened to the lady say his name, Peek-a-choo? Did she sneeze? That was an oddball name... He liked it! The fluff climbed into his hair, so the boy squeaked, grinning. Whatever it was, it tickled his ears! And it's sound was such a silly color! Milo looked at the girl in the floor, watching her add a few galleons to the small pile. He vaguely worried about adopting an owl to her, given that she seemed a bit distressed. Hopefully he was wrong, though. Dris noticed the girl in the floor, then handed the fluff back to his mommy. With a grin, he ran to the table and grabbed a few of his paints and his paint book. He sat by the counter and set everything beside Asher, still smiling. "Do you like to paint? It helps me think sometimes, so I wanna share my paints with you. You can use any of the colors!" He nodded, pushing the tubes a bit closer to her. Milo couldn't help but feel a bit of pride in his son as he offered to share his paints. Luckily, the tubes were equipped with refilling spells, since they'd have been gone the day he got them without. The man looked at Amethyst, wondering her take on the situation. The man casually worked on feeding a few owls, watching his son very carefully, just in case.

AccioPumpkin

Quote:

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out