Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Eeylops Owl Emporium ~ New Summer Sales! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PumpkinSpikes

Feral Abomination

12,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:07 pm
Asher looked up from hiding her face in her hoodie at the word "paint". Slowly, her nervous expression turned to a smile as her face lit up at the vast variety of colors Dris had to offer. She nodded, kissed her new owl on the head, and set it in its cage. She then scooted over closer to the boy, watching him paint, and then began to follow suit. Soon, she was finger-painting an abstract masterpiece right alongside him. Amethyst smiled.

"Wow..." She said, leaning on the counter. "I've never seen Asher gravitate to someone that quickly. Though I've never seen her act as weird as she did earlier either." She shrugged. "Maybe she's just being weird today. She seems to like your son though!" Amethyst examined the pile of galleons on the counter. "Sheesh, Asher..." she shook her head again. "You would think that she would actually count out the price instead of just plopping a bunch of coins into your lap. She always does that." She looked over at Asher's new owl. "She'll take good care of him you know." She said, turning to Milo. "She loves birds, especially birds of prey. She takes extra good care of each and every one of her bird friends."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:00 am
User Image

Kenji Francisco Apostol

Eyelops Owl Emporium AssistantHalf-BloodCrow AnimagusMusician

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█

Kenji had been helping his bud Milo in cleaning the cage, which nowadays was a normal thing to him. He was humming some tunes from some rock bands while doing so. Just now Milo's kid Dris was here just minding his own business with the paint and all. "Hm?" His head went quite alert when the door chimed in, curious about who it was. And wow, the new company was quite hyper like the drums. The woman was looking for Milo, and for the animagus it sounded like they had serious business to talk about... which, was something Kenji wasn't wrong about. He shrugged and just continued his work, just his ears were open about the conversation.

He couldn't help but chuckle at the positively lively conversation, he didn't know why. It was just so happy for him is all. Finally, after finishing a few cleanings he finally arrived at the counter. He crossed his arms and smiled, "Hi there," He greeted the two new customers, and seeing the container of food as well as catching the scent of sweet things, he looked at Milo with a smirk, "Oh, that's sweet. Looks like you two are close, Milo?" He found the food really nice though, but he prefer keeping that thought to himself.

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█

Last summer, we took threes across the board
                                        But by fall, we were a cover story "now in stores"

Make us poster boys for your scene, but we are not making an "acceptance speech"

I have found the safest place to keep all our old mistakes
                                        Every (dot) com's refreshing for a [journal update]

So long lived the car-crashed hearts!

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Thinking : Thought?
        With : Milo and Dris Abrams, Asher Adams and Amethyst Hawthorn
        Attire : Clothes

AccioPumpkin
Miss GryffindorK

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:01 pm
User Image
User Image

I R I S HxxK E E P E R

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Slytherin Graduate//Class of 2022

J A S M I N E xx A C A C I A

Being the sister of Zane Acacia was never an easy thing. If you were to ask Erianthe in earlier years, she would tell you that in no uncertain terms. After a few years of being a ghost however, she had forgiven him. As for Jasmine, forgiveness didn't come as easy. Even after Zane had revealed that he was still alive, or as alive as he could be, Jasmine still wasn't sure if he deserved forgiveness. What sort of a person killed their own sister?

It had been ten years since she had met Phantom, and in that time, she had hardly seen much of him. The two did keep in contact though through letters sent by his owl. Phantom was a bouncer at the Shrieking Shack. Not only that, but he was a creature of the night. Jasmine had done some reading on what her brother was now, and she had asked him about sunlight. From what he described, it didn't seem too delightful.

The summer was coming, and that meant their birthdays were coming as well. Jasmine wasn't entirely sure if ghosts celebrated their birthdays. She knew that they celebrated deathdays. At any rate, she had hardly had much contact with Erianthe. Ghosts didn't make for good pen pals. Vampires on the other hand were something entirely different. While she was certain that her brother celebrated becoming part of the undead, she wasn't sure if he celebrated the day that he actually came into existence. The only thing that Jasmine knew about their birthday was that she was the only one out of the Acacia triplets that actually aged on the day.

Cadogan, Zane's owl hadn't been doing too well in recent years. He would take ages to fly from one sibling to the other. Jasmine reckoned the owl's seemingly old age came from hanging around so many dead people. If any good were to come of that, it was that she knew what to buy her brother for his birthday. It was only fair for her to get him a slightly larger gift, especially since she had neglected to do so for the past fourteen years.

Arriving in Diagon Alley, the keeper made her way to Eeylops. It was quite tempting for her to stop and look at new equipment, but she only had so much time before she had to be back at practice. Upon entering the shop, she noticed that there was already a young woman at the counter with a couple of the clerks. Deciding that she currently didn't need any help, Jasmine decided to walk around the store and see what kinds of owls they had.

She was on her way to look at a rather active tawny owl when she nearly fell over something. "Shhh-." Jasmine started to say before realizing there was a child. "Sugar! I didn't see you there. Not too sure the middle of the shop's the best place for finger-painting. I do admire the colors though!" Walking was hard, flying was easy. Perhaps owls found the same to be true. If only her dog weren't such a jealous thing. Then perhaps Jasmine might buy one for herself!

Jade Galaksylph

AccioPumpkin

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:16 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

𝓞𝔀𝓷𝒆𝓻 𝓸𝒇 𝓔𝒆𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓼 ℳ𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓷
ℱ𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓻𝒆 ℋ𝓸𝓰𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓢𝓽𝓾𝓭𝒆𝓷𝓽 𝓐𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓽 ℋ𝒆𝓪𝓻𝓽

Milo bit his lip to try and avoid being overprotective of his son. Dris didn't seem upset, so the man kept his tongue. The boy was painting, his usual half-smile on his lips. When Asher began to paint as well, he grinned for a second. When he noticed her using colors different from him, he frowned, looking at his dad. Didn't she hear this song? It was clearly pink! She wasn't even using any pink! Milo saw his son's look, and was about to offer him help when Amethyst commented on her cousin. "Dris has that effect, it seems. He's got a problem with his sounds that sometimes worries people... But he's doing good so far." He turned his attention sharply to Kenji, who asked if they were close. "No, not really. We met the other day, and she came to say hello. Her cousin adopted one of the owls." He grinned, thinking this was a bit hectic.

His words were to be bitten back, however, as another person walked in, She nearly tripped on Asher and Dris, causing Milo to yelp rather loudly. "Alright, both of you! Off the floor. This is a shop, not a loungeabout. Driskol, if you want, there're snacks in the office? You can go there for a bit of quiet." He nodded knowingly at the boy, then used a bit of wandless to lift all the paints back to the counter-side table. Dris moved to stand behind his dad instead, wanting to watch all these people. It wasn't too loud yet!

{OoC:}
AccioPumpkin

Jade Galaksylph

Violet the Maestro

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:53 pm
User Image
Richard Indigo Devereux
First Year Unsorted
Conditional Family Heir

Location : Eeylops Owl Emporium

Richie wasn't the most excited to go school shopping. Most would be thrilled he was sure, however with his air headed mother and his annoying sister he didn't think it was be all that fun. That became evident when his mother started going on about him needing an owl so they could keep in touch. "Mum I don't want an owl. Can't I have something more interesting?" He questioned her only to get a hurt look like she was a wounded animal. "No," She answered before continuing in a sad tone. "Don't you want to keep in touch with us Richie?" She asked him. "Mum... it's not like that." He groaned.

"Richie, you hurt mummy's feelings. Say you're sorry." Aurora spoke up suddenly. As if his mother needed her four year old to tell him what to do. "Don't tell me what to do Aurora." He snapped at her. Instantly his sister's eyes swelled up with seemingly enough tears. "Richie Devereux, that's enough. Don't take things out on your sister." Poppy chastised. Richie found himself rolling his eyes at her sudden change of behaviour. He knew his mother wasn't that upset by it. "Alright... I'm sorry." He brought himself to say which got his sister's tears to stop just as quickly as they arrived.

He couldn't have been happier when they got to the shop. Richie headed in and went looking at the ordinary birds. Aurora started pointing out all the small cute one's which began driving him insane. Even his mother was no help as she wanted him to have a friendly looking owl. What that meant he had no idea. It wasn't until he found a Great Horned Owl that he made any progress. "What about this one?" Richie asked his mother standing in front of the light brown creature. "Looks friendly to me." Poppy told her son which was reassuring. "That owl looks like brown sugar." Aurora spoke up as if feeling the need to add her two cents. "Cinnamon... not brown sugar..." He commented quietly to himself. Maybe that's what he'd call it, Cinnamon...

Status : Unimpressed... Maybe it will do...?
                                                  With : My mum Poppy and my sister Aurora...

Attire : Summer Shopping

OCC : Open for interaction...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:16 am
User Image

SαƖєм AƖυмηυѕ HαƖf-ƁƖσσɗ Mαɗαм MαƖкιη'ѕ Sнσρ Aѕѕιѕтαηт/Aρρяєηтιcє
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Remember the moment, you know exactly where you're going,
'Cause the next moment, before you know it, time is slowing
And it's frozen still, and the window sill looks really nice, right?
You think twice about your life, it probably happens at night, right?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

It was that time when Mirzam's "mom" Jacqueline (though he still preferred calling her Miss Jack) told him that she was going to move back in America now that he was finally adjusted here in Godric's Hollow. He would miss her so much, though he was really thankful for her satying with him for a few years. Though, he felt really lonely about him staying in a two-bedroom house alone with his sewing machine... However, his times with Kyla had been really fun times for him, it made his chest feel abit lighter despite his brooding thoughts. Maybe he should buy a companion that would at least lighten up his house now that he'd thought of it, as he didn't realy have any pets to begin with (He used to have a pet hamster but... That one died way back). He entered the shop, only to be bumped by a man shorter than him with dark black hair, a brown complexion, and he was carrying a guitar. Mirzam blinked his gold eyes and felt like the guy might be rude at him, but much to his surprise the man just nodded and said sorry before excusing himself. Well, that was a start, he thought-- He proceeded to enter the shop finding the presence of owls in different feathers. Mirzam blinked again because hell, he honestly didn't know which one here to choose. Perhaps whoever was running the place could help out?

Fight it, take the pain, ignite it, tie a noose around your mind
Loose enough to breathe fine and tie it to a tree.
Tell it, "You belong to me. This ain't a noose, this is a leash.
And I have news for you: You must obey me."

Ɯιтн [No one] αт [Eyelops Emporium]

SιηgƖє Aттιяє Ƭнємє Sσηg

< 𝔒𝔲𝔱.𝔒𝔣.𝓒𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔞𝔠𝔱𝔢𝔯 >
------------

Miss GryffindorK

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:44 am
User ImageUser Image

𝓔𝒆𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓼 𝓞𝔀𝓷𝒆𝓻ℱ𝓸𝓻𝓶𝒆𝓻 ℛ𝓪𝓿𝒆𝓷𝓬𝓵𝓪𝔀ℳ𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓷

Milo was working happily while the kids were at school. He hummed along to the song in his head as he polished one of the new cages, prepared to let a new owl have the space. He'd just sent Kenji out for his lunch, and was currently alone in the shop... until he heard another person walk around. The door chimes must have been someone entering at the same time Kenji left. The man set aside the cage and wandered over, looking at the man inside. "Hello there. Welcome to Eeylops Owl Emporium! I'm Milo, the owner. If you have any questions, please let me know." He grinned brightly, then grabbed a pouch of owl treats and set about providing the ones near the customer with snacks.

Sʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ʜᴏᴍᴇ. Sʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡɴ
Yᴏᴜ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ, ʏᴇᴀʜ, ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴛᴏʀʏ
Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ғᴀʀ, I'ᴍ ᴋᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴀʀ; ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ
Gᴏ ᴏɴ, ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ɪs ɢᴏʟᴅ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ
I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ
Aʟʟ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɪs ʏᴏᴜ ʙʏ ᴍʏ sɪᴅᴇ,
𝓼𝓸 𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷𝒆 𝒇𝓸𝓻𝒆𝓿𝒆𝓻

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:56 pm
User Image

Mirzam felt a jumpy feeling in his chest when someone suddenly spoke to him, but thankfull he was able to get ahold with himself enough to not look like a weirdo. He gave the older man a friendly shy smile and greeted, "Nice to meet you, sir-- I mean, Milo. I'm Mirzam, I worked in Malkin's and uh..." He looked around from one owl to another, still indecisive as hell, "I'm here to adopt an owl since my mom-- well, she's not really my mom but close enough-- she's leaving to America leaving me with a two-room house and a sewing machine and it's kinda lonely so... I just think that there might be someone that can keep me company?"

SιηgƖє Aттιяє Ƭнємє Sσηg

< 𝔒𝔲𝔱.𝔒𝔣.𝓒𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔞𝔠𝔱𝔢𝔯 >
------------

Miss GryffindorK

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:22 am
User ImageUser Image

Milo grinned warmly as the man, Mirzam, greeted himself. So he did work in Diagon, eh? At Malkin's to be specific. He looked a bit lost, so Milo was about to offer assistance, when he continued. Apparently his mum for all intents and purposes, was moving, leaving him on the lonesome. "That's not ever fun. My first flat I was all on my own. I grew up in a huge family, so it was really hard... but when I met Wyatt, it was easier. And besides, I wasn't ever really alone. I had Kevin for a long time, and Kerrin for a while too. They're my owls. But, as for a companion, there are certain species that are great friends. In this case, I'm talking about the Northern Saw-Whet. Small owl, huge personality." He grinned and led Mirzam to one of the small cages, where a little owl was napping on the perch.

𝓼𝓸 𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷𝒆 𝒇𝓸𝓻𝒆𝓿𝒆𝓻

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:29 am
User Image

Mirzam shrugged when Milo commented about how it wasn't fun to be alone in a house in Godric's Hollow. He knew that, too, though he would say that his family weren't exactly a big one nor the best one. "Well, I grew up with her alone most of my time, to be honest. She's a great person, though. Honest." Then he quietly listened to Milo about how he met a certain Wyatt, Mirzam thought that it was either his boyfriend or his bestfriend, it was kind of hard to tell. When the shop owner led him to one to show him a sleeping small owl perching quietly inside a cage, Mirzam could not help but the owl was so... adorable."I know this sounds really weird but... it's kinda cute. Was it a boy or a girl"

SιηgƖє Aттιяє Ƭнємє Sσηg

< 𝔒𝔲𝔱.𝔒𝔣.𝓒𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔞𝔠𝔱𝔢𝔯 >
------------

Miss GryffindorK

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:37 pm
User ImageUser Image

Milo looked over at Mirzam as he spoke again, saying he'd grown up alone with the woman. He offered a fatherly smile, then pat the male on the shoulder. "I grew up with my Nan and Grandpa. I came from unconventional means, but I grew up alright. That's what's really important." He nodded a bit, then resumed showing the owl. The younger man asked about the gender of the bird, and Milo grinned. "Female. She's a sweet baby girl." He unlatched the door and offered in his fingers, waking up the owl who gently hopped onto the perch he'd made. Milo calmly brought her out, watching as she stretched and looked around with a few small coos.

𝓼𝓸 𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷𝒆 𝒇𝓸𝓻𝒆𝓿𝒆𝓻

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:21 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxOwl Store
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxMum, Jess
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we rocĸ aт dawn on тнe ғronт lιnexxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          lιĸe a вolт rιgнт oυттa тнe вlυexxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнe ѕĸιeѕ alιgнт wιтн a gυιтar вιтexxxxxx
                                                          нeadѕ wιll roll and rocĸ тonιgнтxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceWhitney followed his mother into the shop, his sister close behind him. Immediately, he was intrigued, because he could feel how loud the room was. Typically, public spaces were very loud, but they were also very crowded. This shop, at the moment, was not especially so. At least, there weren't many people about. But there were, funnily enough, a lot of owls in the owl shop, and they were creating quite the racket, if the vibrations he could feel in the air were any indication. Eyes wide, he tapped his little sister on the arm for her attention, grinning. "I wonder if the employees wear ear plugs," he pondered, hands moving slowly to indicate the pensiveness of his thoughts. If he could feel how loud the room was, surely to God it was more than a hearing person could take on a daily basis?

spaceOf course, Whitney already knew what kind of owl he wanted. A screech owl, because obviously. He was nothing if not hilarious, and never one to pass up the sort of in-joke that would make someone glare at him as if he'd ruined their day with his terrible sense of humor. He was also going to name his owl after a musician, specifically a metal musician, also because obviously. He just hadn't decided on who yet. Glancing at Jess again, he asked her opinion,
                                                          "Ozzy, maybe?" The eleven year old had a list a mile long, but he did want the name to be at least somewhat recognizable. No Jonathans or Robs. He supposed a last name would be more notable in most cases. And Ozzy seemed too easy. He'd have to keep thinking on it.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxwe're jυѕт a вaттery ғor нιre wιтн тнe gυιтar ғιre
                                                          xxxxxxready and aιмed aт yoυ pιcĸ υp yoυr вallѕ and
                                                          xxxxxxxxxload υp yoυr cannon ғor a тwenтy one gυn ѕalυтe
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxғor тнoѕe aвoυт тo rocĸ we ѕalυтe yoυ

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Miss GryffindorK

fuzzymelonlord

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:57 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Kyu-Hyun, Ha-Yun
Mood
Hesitent

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Seok-Jin entered the store trailing behind his elder brother and younger sister. It wasn't that he didn't want an owl, of course he did, but he was just anxious about coming to such a loud place to buy one. He glanced over at Ha-Yun who was staring everywhere, wide eyed and excited to take in all the sights. At least she was enjoying this. "Oppa! Which one are you gonna get?! You should let me name it since I'm your favorite sister!".He heard he say as she tugged his arm to try and get him to follow her further into the depths of the store

Looking around, Jin noticed only one other family inside the store. He was extremely grateful for this. He silently let Ha-Yun drag him around to look at the different owls, he could tell that he probably wasn't going to actually get to decide on the owl himself."Hey be careful, YuYu." he chastised as his younger sibling almost slammed the two of them into the other family that was browsing. "Sorry..." He muttered, the small apology to the children, one of them seeming to possibly be his age. Well...he never had been good at first impressions.

username goes here

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xx➺ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Eeylops Owl Emporium
xxx➺ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Momma, Whitney, another family, some guy, Owls
xxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Getting an Owl for Whit
xxxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? They're all so fluffy!

Jessalyn was super excited about getting to go shopping. Normally, she didn't care about Diagon Alley, but this time it was for her eldest brother to go off to school. Of course, she didn't want Whitney to leave, but she was secretly eager to learn more about the school. The best way to learn about new locations was a man on the inside, after all. They chose to go to an owl shop first, and the room felt very loud. She watched a big, white owl fluff it's feathers and open it's mouth, probably to scream, or whatever noise owls made. Suddenly, there was a tap at her shoulder, so she turned to watch her brother sign. He mentioned the employees wearing ear plugs, and she grinned. "I hope so. These are very loud birds. Maybe the owner is deaf too." She turned back to the owl, who was now cleaning her feathers.

When Whitney moved to look at more owls, Jessalyn followed, admiring a few little owlets in a cage with their momma. She tugged her mother's sleeve to show them off, grinning wildly at the woman. Whitney asked about a name, Ozzy, to be specific, which made sense with his love of loud music. "Maybe, or that one other guy.... I don't remember their names." She laughed, her odd, hiccupy giggle sounding to those that could hear. Suddenly, another little family was there, nearly running into them. The girl said something, but Jessalyn simply tapped her ear, before signing, "We can't hear you, if you want to talk."

A man also walked over, greeting the group with waving and a big smile. "Hi everyone! I'm Milo, the owner here at Eeylops. I'm here to answer any questions you may have, and help you find owls that you will hopefully love as much as I love mine." He gestured to a little owl on his shoulder, one that looked like he had a fluffy mustache. Jessalyn tugged her mother's sleeve to point at the owl, then nudged her brother to do the same. "Look at the silly little bird, Whit!" Honestly, she didn't really care what the man had said, since the fluffy birds were far more interesting that a boring grown up.

Cara MiaKitty

Fuzzymelonlord"

Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇsᴛ. Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇsᴛ
Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʙᴇ ᴍʏ ɢᴜᴇsᴛ, I'ʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴀɴʏᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ʀᴜɴs ᴏᴜᴛ
Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ꜰᴀʀ. Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʜɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴄᴀʀs
Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ɪs sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀʟᴋ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ
Iᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʟᴏsᴇ 'ᴛɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪɴ
Iᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ
Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʙʀᴀɴᴅ ɴᴇᴡ sᴛᴀʀᴛ. Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ
Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʙɪɢ ᴏʟᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛs ᴡɪᴅᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴇ's ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ɴᴏᴡ ꜰᴏʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
Iᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʟᴏsᴇ 'ᴛɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪɴ
Iᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ. Iᴛ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:58 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxOwl Store
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxMum, Jess
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we rocĸ aт dawn on тнe ғronт lιnexxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          lιĸe a вolт rιgнт oυттa тнe вlυexxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнe ѕĸιeѕ alιgнт wιтн a gυιтar вιтexxxxxx
                                                          нeadѕ wιll roll and rocĸ тonιgнтxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceWhitney considered whether or not his sister might be right about the owner. After a moment, he shook his head. "No way," he replied. "If the owner were deaf, we'd already know them. Mum would know him and would've introduced us ages ago." While it wasn't as though every deaf person in the world, or even the country knew one another, the fact was, they tended to stick close to one another. Overlap in other areas increased the likelihood of knowing people, and they were both deaf and magical. Both conditions were at least reasonably rare; being both was therefore even more so. He had no doubt that, if the owner of a store at the most popular shopping location in the country were deaf, they'd have known him their whole lives. That said, now he felt badly for the owner, who undoubtedly had to listen to what he could only assume was a terrible racket day in and day out.

spaceThe eleven-year-old rolled his eyes when his sister's suggestion regarding the name of his future bird was "that one other guy", which was an excellent descriptor, obviously.
                                                          "That certainly narrows it down," he replied, managing to look both exasperated and fond at the same time. Before he could say anything else, another child managed to very nearly run into them. He blinked when the boy said something, reading his lips just enough to know he was apologizing. Whitney smiled at him. "Don't worry about it," he said, the accent indicating his deafness exaggerated due to his lack of hearing aids. He was thankful the things wouldn't work in a magical environment since it meant he wasn't expected to wear them, but he always lost a fair bit of enunciation with them out. Not that he cared, because they were terrible. "Uh, if you wanna say something to us, you gotta face us directly, we can't hear."

spaceHis attention was distracted from the group by a man approaching, apparently an employee from the owl on his shoulder and the way he carried himself. Jess was, obviously, enraptured with the creature. Whitney snickered faintly at her excitement, then focused on the man. He considered making things easy for a moment, since obviously he could speak. But, it was funnier to make them hard, so he plastered a confused look on his face, and hoped his previous vocalizations had been missed by the man. Their mother had walked away, probably figuring he'd want to look at the owls for a bit, and was already gathering up the essentials, such as food and a cage. "Can you sign? We're deaf," he gestured, fully expecting that the man would have no clue what he'd said, and be flustered. People usually were. Whit was rather good at reading lips, but the English language didn't lend itself to be easily understood in such a manner, so even that wasn't always helpful.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxwe're jυѕт a вaттery ғor нιre wιтн тнe gυιтar ғιre
                                                          xxxxxxready and aιмed aт yoυ pιcĸ υp yoυr вallѕ and
                                                          xxxxxxxxxload υp yoυr cannon ғor a тwenтy one gυn ѕalυтe
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxғor тнoѕe aвoυт тo rocĸ we ѕalυтe yoυ

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Miss GryffindorK

fuzzymelonlord

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items