Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Magneto Helmet

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ItsOverIsntIt

Dapper Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:24 pm
I've looked, and tried. But can't seem to do it. Is there any way to make a helmet out of craft foam?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:31 pm
Kamui Cosplay just released a free Super Villain pattern. You can use foam, plastic or whatever your medium is. It's a fairly simple pattern too. smile

http://kamuicosplay.storenvy.com/  

Rogue-dono

Beloved Vampire

8,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divine Donator 100

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:04 pm
You can craft a helmet out of craft foam, but it'll take more working than, say, body armor.

Here's a tutorial that goes over craft foam armor in general. When creating a helmet, you'll probably have to do a bit more on the pattern-design portion. I'd also recommend using a few coats of modge podge to stiffen the foam.

If you're looking for a cost-efficient helmet, I'd recommend looking at cardboard and paper mache. I'm currently using this tutorial for a Power Ranger helmet, and I've been happy with its progress so far. For Magneto, you'd change up the patterning, but the basics are the same. It'll be easier to work with rounded edges with helmets, and you generally want a bit more weight with helmets so they stay put.

I'd also suggest heading to your local bike shop and get helmet pads to put in your helmet. It'll make it more comfortable and will increase the ventilation a bit (not much, but it surprising makes a difference).

Hope that helps!  
Cosplay Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff