Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ithambo hlabathi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:25 am
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:26 am
What is a Mkhulu?
    A Great Hunt, a Mkhulu is an event that will be held when be held when the pride is prospering (ie. lots of cubs, new members, etc) to ensure that everyone within the pride can help feed and support the new cubs and new mouths as they grow and learn the lay of the land. Only those volunteering may participate since there is great risk involved in hunting larger prey, since many are dangerous.

It is a ICly timed event that will start just as the sun is setting and end either before or after the sun has just peaked over the horizon. During the night, all those who volunteered to participate will collectively hunt one larger prey than normal, such as an elephant, rhino, hippo or giraffe. Once the prey is downed, if it is, the rest of the pride will be brought over and the pride will feast until they're either full or the prey is gone.

Mkhuli will always be held in an ORP.

How does it work?
    Each potential prey animal has a certain amount of HP. Every member will roll the amount of dice that correlates to their specific SoA's stats (male/female, adol/adult). The total number rolled will be their damage done to the animal and can be RP'd out however the owner wants.

What about the final blow?
    The SoA that lands the killing blow will receive bragging rights, as well as a possible prize.

How many of my SoA can participate?
    For the sake of pro-longing the ORP, we will be allowing only two SoA per person. The rest of your's will either be cub-sitting or just don't want to go for whatever reason.

How many rolls can we do?
    You may roll once so long as there is three posts between your last one and your new one. Each must roll must only be for ONE of your SoA, not both. You can still add the other in your post, but they can not be actively attacking the prey. Please choose wisely which one will be rolling for your post.

Example:
    You
    You

Is there risk to this?
    There definitely is! If your SoA has permission posted [here], your SoA may be injured throughout the course of the event. There is the possibility of death.

Why do we need to sign up?
    This is to make sure everyone is aware of injury and to get an idea of how many people may be posting. Quotes will be sent out when the ORP thread is officially posted.

When will the ORP start?
    In roughly one week's time. It should last a few days, but I'm not sure with the past record of quick ORPs in the Bonelands.

Can adolescents participate?
    Yes, but they need to have ICly completed their Ukuzalwa.

Can males participate?
    Yes, but they need to be an Ahluke or Lusizi. It's unlikely an Enda would be around to join, but they are allowed as well. The Abaholi and Inselele will also be allowed to participate.

Can rogues participate?
    No. Any rogue found in the pride is chased out by either Jasiri (an Inselelo) or one of the Abaholi, if not by the lioness who found him.

Can my lion join in after sign-ups close?
    Possibly. For now, I'm going to say the answer will be no. This, for now, will be open only for people to sign up for it.

Rolling Stats

First dice roll determines hit, second determines for how much damage.

Example roll: Quaji rolls a 1 and 5 for Bangizwe.
Male adult, so 1 would make it a hit for 5 damage.

Miss: No damage
Glancing Attack: 1/2 damage
Hit: Normal damage
Critical Hit: x2 damage

Adolescents - Roll 2 4-sided dice
[Male]
1. Miss
2. Hit
3. Glancing Blow
4. Hit

[Female]
1. Miss
2. Critical Hit
3. Glancing Blow
4. Miss

Adults - Roll 2 6-sided dice
[Male]
1: Hit
2: Miss
3: Glancing Blow
4: Hit
5: Critical Hit
6: Miss

[Female]
1: Hit
2: Glancing Blow
3: Glancing Blow
4: Hit
5: Miss
6: Critical Hit

Ithambo hlabathi

Ithambo hlabathi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:27 am
Prizes
    The lion who gives the killing blow will receive edits befitting their achievement.

Special prizes given to:
    - Lion who deals the most damage
    - Lion who rolls the most (not hits the most, just rolls)

The winner and the two special prizes are specific to a single lion and must be used on them. You may win of the above prizes and still qualify to enter the raffle as well.

Every post will count for one ticket during the course of the ORP.

PRIZE POOL FOR RAFFLE SO FAR
    Al-hattal x Ukushisa cub
    x2 Edit Vouchers, good for any Boneland SoA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:05 am
Sauda would like to partake!  

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:10 pm
Sturm would like to help! He's Ahluke and I'll go update his injury permissions~  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:27 pm
Uthuli would like to participate!  

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:16 am
I'm interested! I'll just have to update permissions and decide who gets to play.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:21 am
Just got Udaka here so I'll toss her in too.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:58 am
Kinga would like to participate please! Will update permissions soon. <3  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:23 pm
I'll enter Inkungu and Kokumo. Will post permissions for Inkungu in the proper thread soon, but for the record: all the way to 4.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:58 pm
I probably won't be around too much during this ORP, just letting people know now. RL things happened and I'm setting back from almost everything internet related. This will be mostly player driven, with minor posts, likely more from Meep if she's interested with only a few from me. I may designate someone else who can make plot-moving posts, I'm not sure. Everything will be set up so you can run without us though with no issue. <3

I'll be updating the little FAQ area in the second post here with more information in case I'm not around to answer questions.

I'd just like to mention that there is no obligation to post permissions to participate in this. If you want to sign-up a lion without permission, there may still be minor injury, but no scarring or maiming. With permission though, I may go beyond. I'm unsure if there will be any deaths in this, but it is a possibility given how large of game they'll be hunting.

I'd also like to remind people to not post ranges for permissions. I understand the reasoning, but the number given is a maximum you're okay with, allowing us to do anything between 1 and the number you give. Ranges just throw me off as it makes me unsure what your maximum really is.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:34 am
If this is still open for signups, I'd love to enter Ilanga and Sobala.  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Ithambo hlabathi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:12 pm
Last call for sign-ups! I'll be closing this thread tonight so if you want to participate please let me know! Your character(s) will not be able to participate unless they're posted here.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:33 pm
Syrius Lionwing
need big sister!

I'm entering Yimvelo  

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:00 pm
I'd like to sign up Tufani'ausi and Ithunzi!  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff