Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:00 pm

User Image
This a contest for a tiny seer thrall.

Please note the plot requirements of this cub ; u ; It's a very close plot to my heart ♥

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:01 pm
User Image
Rules:
  • Please be nice to everyone c:
  • I reserve the right not to give-away the cub if I don't see any suitable entries (this is unlikely to happen, but just in case)
  • Please be prepared to RP or plot if you win. This family is important to me!

Family Details:

User Image Momma Kisukari. A sassy thrall, Kisukari is not your everyday 'yes sir, no sir' thrall. She haaaaates being a thrall, and will tell you to your face. However, she will absolutely adore these cubs. They will be her world, and she will do whatever she can to defend them from every hardship.

Biological Father of these cubs is Al-Hattal ~ God of Rogues.

User Image NOT YOUR FATHER: Bousvor.
Bousvor is the unfortunate master of Kisukari. He will be the master of all of the cubs also. A gentle quiet male. He will have a soft spot for the cubs and may allow them to get away with stuff he might not otherwise allow. He can have a firm paw now and then when called for if a line is crossed. Bousvor has attained his Captaincy before the cubs were born
(Played by magnadearel)

This cub has 5 siblings, owned by myself, Nessiaing, Painted Moose, Seaki & magnadearel.

Things to Note

• Kisukari will not give these cubs out at a young age. She will defend her right to keep them with her for as long as she physically can. (You must chat with me before you plot giving them out, please!)

• She will give them two names. A 'viking' name, with a rough/strong meaning which will be their name on the cert, and a second 'home' name, which will have a sweet meaning. She will only ever call them by their home names.

• Kisukari will be fighting for her freedom from thralldom as soon as she physically can, and if she succeeds, she will take each and every one of her cubs out of thrall status.

• Kisukari had a rough pregnancy, and ALL of the cubs were born smaller than average. Some of the cubs may develop issues because of this (for example one of their brothers has poor eyesight and will grow blind as he ages), but this is an OPTIONAL trait. Healthy cubs are fine too.

• These cubs have a LOT of siblings in the pride from Al-Hattal, and also some relatives from Kisukari (Aunts).

Velveteen Angel

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:02 pm
Entering is simple! Just post the code below, all filled out.

Details are ♥ but you can keep it simple too.

[b]Cub's Viking Name[/b]:
[b]Meaning[/b]
[b]Cubs 'Home Name:[/b]
[b]Meaning[/b]:

[b]Tell me about your cub![/b] (What's her personality? What are her visions like? Does she like being a thrall? Does she have plans for greatness? Is she healthy? Ect. Ect. Details are loved.

[b]Extra[/b]: Anything else you want to say?

This will close in TWO WEEKS  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:22 pm
Cub's Viking Name: Brenndur
Meaning "burnt" in Icelandic
Cubs 'Home Name: Dreyma
Meaning: "dreaming" in Icelandic

Tell me about your cub! Dreyma's seer ability is that she sees random places. There is no rhyme or reason as to where or why. Rarely there will be a creature in the scene, but it won't be unheard of. In our day and age, it'd be like randomly picking nature-cams. Because of this, she is capable of seeing places that she has no means to ever see personally... like icebergs with polar bears on them.

As a cub, these visions will come to her as dreams. So varied and interesting are these places, she begins to invent stories that she tells silently to herself at first, then begins to whisper them to anyone interested in listening. She inserts creatures, both real and made up, into these scenes, imagining things happening to them there. As she grows, she will learn to summon a random scene at will by closing her eyes and concentrating. They remain her inspiration for telling stories to entertain others, which she delights in doing.

Part of why she puts so much effort into these stories is that she has the time to do so. Her drawback to being born so small is that one of her forepaws is slightly twisted. For most things, it doesn't do much except give her a bit of a limp. However, it is not strong enough to support strenuous activities. Fighting will always be out of the question for her. Even as a cub, she isn't likely to run when she plays, just out of self preservation. If forced into using it too much or too hard, it will simply collapse on her at the ankle. She's also found that telling stories helps draw attention away from her paw, so it is a coping and survival technique as well.

Personality-wise, she is sweet-natured and kind. She tends to see the world through different eyes than others do, and will never grow jaded or calloused to new wonders and silver linings. However, she also is a little too sensitive emotionally. Her feelings are easily hurt, and she is easily moved to tears on behalf of others. Her gentle soul is not well suited to the Stormborn, but somehow the pride's ways never sour her either.

I would find it interesting if, at some point, she manages to see a scene that involves someone she knows. This would startle her, as she will have always thought that her visions were just figments of her imagination, not the gift of a seer. I'm not entirely certain how she'd respond to that, and would love to explore that.

Extra: DID NOT need to enter. Really. But the idea for her came to me, and then when I looked for names, whammo, those two were first up when I looked. So I entered anyway, rofl. She's fantastic, and I simply could not resist.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:46 pm
Cub's Viking Name: Róta (Ruta)
Meaning "sleet and storm" and "[she] who sends storm and rain" (name of a Valkyrie)
Cubs 'Home Name: Elskling
Meaning: Norwegian for darling or sweetheart

Tell me about your cub! El is not a healthy cub, unfortunately. She has Osteogenesis imperfecta or brittle bone disease. Her bones fracture and break very easily. Even though El LOVES to run around, dance to invoke rain and thunder, and mud wrestle, she'll be forced to not move often during her cubhood until she realizes her physical limits ... or until she develops a very very high pain tolerance which will allow her to work, fight, or play through the pain of broken and fractured bones. This condition will make birthing cubs difficult and painful with a very long recovery period. Despite this, El is a fierce and passionate lioness that loves working and playing hard. Being a thrall and her physical delicate nature are challenges to overcome, discard, and rise above.

As her body is delicate so too is her seer ability. El's visions come to her between the flashes of lightning bolts, in that brief moment of blinding light fading to absolute darkness before regulating to ordinary night or day. Because her visions are mere flashes themselves, El will have a difficult time interrupting, understanding what she's seeing and will eventually think it's just her imagination. Of course, El won't even see that if she closes her eyes during the bolt's strike which is a normal reaction to lightning. If she can learn to keep her eyes open during the strike and learns how to memorize the second of visions, Elskling will be an accurate and powerful seer. But that's a BIG if. This way of seeing can be dangerous in both the short term and the long term. Elskling can (and probably will) be hit by lightning during her vision quests into the thunder storms. The blinding light of a bolt strike can also eventually cause her eyesight to worsen until it is completely gone and she is blind. (I don't know if this will happen ICly but it is something that will concern her if she ever figures out that she's having visions in the first place).

If Róta figures out that she sees things in the lightning strikes, she'll want to use that for the benefit of those she loves and the pride itself. She'll look to become an apprentice of a priestess and become a priestess herself one day. If she never realizes that she's seeing visions, Róta will still look to help others by becoming a healer and tending to wounds. One of her favorite ministrations will be ordering mud baths to ease tense muscles and stress in a lion or lioness, so her love of mud will continue into adulthood and evolve into a "luxury" healing therapy.

Extra: There is no guarantee that Róta will ever figure out that she is a seer even if/when her siblings realize it for themselves. Eventually (in many, many, many, MANY years from now) when El is old and hopefully a great great great times infinity grandmother, she'll probably die by lightning strike which in her mind, by then, will be a worthy and excellent death, a battle of lioness verse nature and nature is always a worthy opponent to die by.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:06 pm
Cub's Viking Name: Hjördís
Meaning "sword goddess"
Cubs 'Home Name: Ástrídr
Meaning: "beautiful, beloved"

Tell me about your cub!
Despite her being smaller than average she has high hopes for herself. She wants to be a reaver. However, she is hard of hearing and will eventually go deaf in one of her ears. She makes up for this small fact by training herself to read lips and body language. This will actually make it quite handy as she will be relaying more on body language instead of spoken word and it will help her a great deal with it comes to fights as she will have a higher chance of predicting what someones actions will be. She is a fighter. She won't back down when she has her goals set on something and she definitely won't cave when it comes to her family. Her family is everything to her and she will defend it at all costs.

Her visions come to her in a haze. Like a mirage in a hot desert and it makes her wonder if what she's seeing before her is real or her imagination. They don't happen to often, but often enough to make her question her sanity sometimes. They don't last more than a few minutes at a time and as she gets older she'll probably try and understand what it is they are since it's just fragments and they aren't very clear.

Her ultimate goal is to become a reaver. She also wants greater things for her siblings as well. She takes after her mother in the opinion of being a thrall and she also isn't afraid to speak her mind. She sharp tounged towards those she dislikes but is the vision of lovely when she likes you. So it's kind of a double edged sword. You never know where you fall with her until you talk to her.

Her deafness is going to cause her great confusion at first when she's little as she has yet to understand why she can't fully figure out why she went from being able to hear things to suddenly sounding like everything is muffled. Once she realizes what is going on she'll start taking the steps she needs to make sure she can manage on her own if she were ever away from her family or the pride. She may have a few accidents as a cub due to not being able to clearly hear what is being said to her but after that she'll start to realize she needs to do something and starts training herself to read lips.

Extra: I promise I'll be as active as I can until I get internet then it's game on! <3 <3 <3 <3  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:42 pm
Cub's Viking Name: Gróa
Meaning "To grow" (Growing towards what remains to be seen. Healthy? Big and strong? Wise? It could be as much as a name as a hopeful supplication.) It was also the name of a seeress in Norse mythology.
Cubs 'Home Name: Gili
Meaning: "My joy"

Tell me about your cub!
The difficulty Kisukari had with her pregnancy didn't leave her dark daughter unaffected. She will always, always be on the small side. The rough nature of the pregnancy has left Groa/Gili with difficulty digesting her meals, especially large ones. She can be absolutely famished, but unless she breaks meals up into smaller portions broken up over a time, she'll have to deal with significant stomach cramps, nausea, and even potentially being unable to keep her food down at all. This will lend a sense of delicateness to her since she'll have difficulty packing weight on. She may tend to tire more quickly since the energy gained from food will be more restricted depending on how much she was able to eat and when she last ate. What does this mean for her in the future? Since she'll tire so easily, Gili will have to learn that she won't ever really be able to rush through anything. As such, regardless of her station in life, projects or tasks will be accomplished through slower, more steady methods. Rushing won't ever be something she can reasonably do, even if she's excited about something. She'll learn that while she won't ever likely be the first to accomplish or finish something, by taking her time, she can devote more time and energy into assuring whatever the task at hand may be is done extremely well and is something to be truly proud of.

Gili's visions, for better or worse, seem to be tied into her delicate constitution. When her stomach is full or she is at least satisfied, her visions will be more mild, further apart, less detailed, and be far less demanding upon her. When her belly has an empty, hollow ache, her visions tend to be more intense, vivid, specifically detailed, though more significantly draining on her. When a vision sets in, her eyes become unfocused, sort of like when one stares off into the middle distance and 'gets stuck' there, staring at nothing quite seriously or intently. Sounds and smells will become clear to her first before actually seeing what vision is coming to her. Her visions will scare her when she's young, not understanding what's going on, or if something to truly be concerned about is happening to her. As Gili grows, likely in her adolescence, she'll begin questioning the nature of her visions. Is this normal? Is something wrong with me? Does this happen to anyone else or am I alone in this? Over time, she'll come to understand her ability, but won't be singing her status to the heavens. In adulthood, should someone be in the know and be close enough to her, or, in the event she is still a thrall, has the power/position to be able to order her compliance, she may attempt to channel a vision specifically for them if a question is posed of her by fasting. (Or possibly being denied food if owned by or leant to a less kindly sort, in the event of thralldom.)

Thralldom is not something Gili wishes for herself, or any of her family members. It is her sincerest hope that their mother is successful in her efforts to free them, providing she doesn't get seriously hurt or killed in the process. In her eyes, Kisukari is and will always be the strongest lioness to walk the earth. Gili doesn't want to be a thrall any more than her mother does, but she is not remotely as obviously vocal about it. She'll say the 'yes, sir, no sir, no ma'am' so on and so forth, but, depending on how she/her family is treated or if she remotely respects or likes the one giving orders, it is a safe bet that Gili will take longer than she would if she was actually trying to accomplish something or knock out the barest basics of what is required of her, or, as soon as their back is turned, break out a resting b***h face. If the one giving instruction is in a more favorable standing with her, she'll get things done, again, not quickly due to her limited energy reserve but with a degree of quality at the very least. However, if their mother is successful and they are freed, then Gili will relish the ability to do as she wishes with her time and energy. A reasonable girl, she'll understand that she won't have the stamina or strength it would take in order to be a Reaver or a Captain. More power to those that do have the ability. It won't be for her. The dark lass will likely be content to live her life as a freeborn, or perhaps pursuing becoming a Lawspeaker. She's got the patience for it. It is something that won't require her to maul anyone or chase or main anyone. Not likely, at any rate. Plus, if someone is difficult or being thickheaded, she can break out her resting b***h face and either pointedly stare them into quiet submission or unleash the sass skills she picked up from her mother. The bards will amuse and please her, but since it's a good ol' boy's club, being a Lawspeaker would suit her just fine!

In her youth, Gili will likely deal with frustration at herself for being unable to keep up with many youngsters her age due to her sensitive digestive system and the limited supply of energy she has due to how she must moderate how she eats. She'll come to learn patience with herself and in general. It's okay to take things more slowly. It doesn't make her lesser in any respect. This mindset will help her develop a strong work ethic, taking pride in what she does when she does something. On the whole, patient, understanding, and kind Gili can and will be an entirely pleasant lioness to interact with. However, she will be her mother's daughter and will take a few pages from her mother's book of sass. If her patience is taxed, if she is slighted/wronged or someone displeases her, she will gladly lay into the offender, given the chance to do so. If not, her RBF will plainly and simply express her distaste for what's going on. That being said, she will know her limits. She doesn't have the ability to be an outstanding fighter. She won't last long at all should she come to blows. All the better to use her wit and memory to her advantage. Gili has a pretty decent memory for information and retains it quite well, save for if she's dealing with her stomach issue which makes focusing on trying to drum up something specific difficult for her. She will be the sort remember things said or done to her, and by extent her family, should they share with her. Gili may grant forgiveness if it is sought, but she won't ever forget. Her family is and will always be a top priority of hers and she'll go out of her way to do whatever she can for them.

Groa/Gili will be rather protective of her 'home' name. If someone were to happen to overhear it and address her by it, and that someone wasn't her mother or one of her siblings, she would be livid! They don't have the right to call her by using her more intimate familiar name. Her mom and siblings are a given but, outside of them, she feels that others have to earn the right to call her by that name. It won't be something she sings from the rooftops as she grows and it'll be the name she holds in her heart. Groa is fine and she'll absolutely answer to it, but you can bet you have a garnered a place of trust and closeness if she feels safe enough with you to tell you her 'home' name. This isn't a right, in her eyes; it's a privilege. In the event someone she has given permission to use her 'home' name betrays her or her trust, hurts her or a member of her family, she'll revoke their being able to use it. (Mom and siblings are forever exempt. Even if fights are had or disagreements happen, she'll always love her family at the end of the day, regardless of whether or not they've done or said something she might dislike or disagree with. Her family is her home, so they forever have the freedom to call her by her more personal, private 'home' name.) If said offenders continue, Groa/Gili will grow ever more disagreeable. This may present anywhere from being more stubborn and argumentative, to dragging her feet when it comes to doing anything for said other, or possibly even combative depending on the tone or intent that it is used on top of it being used without her permission. This protective defensiveness over her 'home' name will remain regardless of whether she is a thrall still or if their freedom is earned/gained.

Extra: Depending on who she may RP with and the nature of their relationships, the name used will differ. (If amongst family, I'll strictly use Gili, unless it's with family and someone 'not in the know'. Otherwise, if used with folks outside her family, other Vikings, and so on, Groa will be used.)
Hopefully I didn't go overboard. >>; I do love me some detail.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:57 pm
Cub's Viking Name: Sorine
Meaning Thunder god
Cubs 'Home Name: Eir
Meaning: Merciful

Tell me about your cub!

Eir is a quiet and more contemplative lioness. Unlike the rowdy Vikings she’ll always be a little shadow in the pride who collects information and knowledge. Whether she will ever use it to her advantage or not is unknown as it just appears she enjoys listening to stories and watching situations unfold before her. Before she realizes that she’s a seer she’ll always have a fun time of guessing games with situations where she feels that she can guess what is going to happen next. This is true especially of battles as the visions she has always involve blood and violence (she is good at telling when someone is in danger and can see strikes before they happen, at first she’ll imagine them to just be nightmares from all of the battle stories that she overhears from the reavers). The only confusing thing is that she sometimes will slip into that past when seeing a lion’s scar and can relive the exact moment in the battle the injury occurred. The only problem is with these “nightmares” before she can even try to shake out of them, attempt to control them is that she can feel the pain like a phantom on her own body.

No one can really tell when she is having the nightmares due to her hard birth causing her vocal cords to never fully form. So while she loves listening to stories it is rare that she can retell them herself as she is mostly mute. No one can tell if she is truly mute or if speaking just hurts her throat so she chooses instead not to bother. Either way her actions speak loudly amongst her family as she is known to smack down her paws when upset and protesting. Her tail is also a good indicator of her mood as she has habits of swaying it when happy and of having it lowered and etc with different moods. She is also very good at expressing herself and her gaze can tell a million emotions in an instant. It is rather strange to see how worked up she can get when normally she appears to be a rather calm lioness.

It is ironic though that her Viking name is based off of the roar of thunder yet the poor girl can barely offer a squeak to anyone.

She adores her family though and will always be there to help them. If someone is wondering about something, looking for something, or needing some medicine she will be the one to disappear and then reappear to push the item towards them. No one notices when she leaves and always find it a surprise that somehow she always manages to find the items that they are looking for. It may be a part of the fact that she’s a seer, but honestly the girl is just good at paying attention. After all since she can’t speak for herself often the cub will always be paying more attention to the world around her. Everything can easily be etched into her memory and she has a sharp mind that makes up for her petite frame (that she will always have, even as an adult some may mistake her for an adol) and lack of a roar.

Eir gave up on being a great warrior herself but strives to find all of the stories that she can. Her other goals include always supporting her family and she also secretly will support her mother’s drive for freedom (just so she can explore the world outside of the Vikings).

As she gets older I am debating about whether or not the visions will become worse and as they are always painful/bloody I can see her become more of a recluse from the world save for her family. Maybe one day they can see that she foresees battles and smart Vikings will come to her for advice on their next great battles. It would be nice for her to make a strong friend who will become a captain one day and find out about her abilities when they are growing up as a major battle may go through Eir’s visions at one point and she’ll be desperate to stop them and to help them in order to save them from dying in the fight. Even if it means she somehow may sneak along to dart in and save them depending on how close she is to the other lion. Her injuries may be a good lesson to the Viking who will then seek her out before battles and promise to keep her secret (though one day it just might leak no matter what). The only problem is that Eir cannot always see what her visions mean as they are scattered and only show drastic moments of the fights…so maybe some battles she’ll never be able to tell. It may also be easy for her to become confused as to who deals what blow in the chaos of the fights that she may see.

This would be another reason as she would be afraid of telling anyone due to the fact that she would blame herself forever if someone got hurt due to bad advice from a shattered vision. It is a cruel irony that a girl who wants to protect and help others may accidentally lead them to their own defeat. She is secretly terrified of doing that and may in the beginning hold off more on her visions and that would be a reason she would try to keep it a secret.

Extra: I know it’s been a bit since you posted this contest, but I wanted to try and see anyways. C: I love the idea of the family and Eir just came to me out of the blue so I said why not?

<3

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:10 pm
Woah, I am so sorry for not judging this earlier! Thank you so much for everyone who entered for this girly, and I'm sorry I didn't have more cubs to give out c:

Winner!
Avid_RPer18
Cub's Viking Name: Gróa
Meaning "To grow"
Cubs 'Home Name: Gili
Meaning: "My joy"

Uncert~

I'll be posting them for their certs soon <3 (Their viking names will be used on all certs)

Thank you again to all the other entrants!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:06 pm
Congrats Avid!  

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
[OOC] Events [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash