Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Out Looking for Information (Vyriskas x Anupama)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:32 pm
User Image
Anupama had no idea what he was suppose to be looking out for. What informaiton could he possibly get from watching the comings and goings of lions and lionesses in this general area? And how long was he even suppose to stay here and observe them for? He was only a jackal after all and he had no idea the workings of the lions' minds. Especially his own lion.

Anu shook his head and puffed out his breath. Yeah. His lion. Ever since Matsusa was a cub and inclined toward torutre and torment of small and helpless creatures Anupama had found himself trying to steer the lion away from such activities. And had ended up the lion's "long term test subject." Or that's what Susa had told his guardian at the time.

Granted as Susa had grown into an adolescence and adult, the test subject gig had all but ended. It didn't mean that Anu was released from their binding though. If they were even bound at all. Anu felt bound. He cared for his wayward lion, always hoping that Matsusa would see reason. See ethics and mortality. Meanwhile, Anu did things like this. Information gathering. Sometimes it made sense and sometimes it didn't. This was one fo the times it didn't. What exactly did Matsusa WANT to know about the rogue lands? About the lions in and around them? What could he possibly learn. Unless this was a test of some sort. Anu wouldn't put it past Susa. He wouldn't put anything past Susa actually. Like getting him away so he COULD torture and torment freely for a time without Anu being there to stop him in some way shape or form.

Yep. That's probably exactly what was happening in this case. Anu sighed, but continued to watch the area from his perch on a flat rock over a small stream. He was out of the way and Susa was doing something not so good right. Anupama felt dejected.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:46 pm
Dame NightFury
I found out I own your boys bro, and ironically enough I paired him with Vyriskas. xD

User Image

Vyriskas wasn't often out on his own, but as the Commander of the Mimi'naona he felt it was his duty to ensure the safety of their borders. He took large, confident strides as his crisp blue eyes took in the landscape. This land was so much different than where he had grown up that it always managed to catch him unaware. There were no snowy peeks here, or Gods to coddle him. No, this was his territory and his pride to protect.

Somehow the weight lifted him. It felt good to be looked up too, and better still to be counted on. He stretched his legs with a roaring yawn. Just because responsibility felt good didn't make it any less exhausting. Vyriskas had been running around all day, and now he just wanted a few minutes to catch his breath. Granted, he was still working, but it was totally a break.

He padded his way towards a stream where he fully intended to soak for a while. Vyriskas honestly wouldn't have noticed the jackal at first, had he not been so used to seeing a little tan form in his daily interactions. Is that Remus? No, there was no tail tip and his markings were darker than Vyriskas' own jackal friend. Maybe they were related?

Shaking his head, he dipped down to the water for a drink, putting all thoughts of the smaller predator from his mind.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:49 pm
Painted Moose
That's fate! She likes our plot idea *nods* !!! LOL!

While Anupama had taken note of who he assumed was a lioness as she approached but no more than he had observed a squirrel climbing a tree or a rhino grazing on tall grass several yards away. He took it all in, unsure what he was suppose to report back to Matsusa. But he started to pay closer attention as the other got closer to where he was seated. Anu tensed as he watched her approach. He couldn't help it. Whenever larger more powerful creatures be they lions, leopards, cheetahs, or even hyenas among others Anu went on high alert. In fact the only time he wasn't on high alert was when he was with Matsusa.

Even now while for the most part, Anu was stressed by the proximity of the stranger. He knew that strangers weren't necessarily ill-willed, but they weren't his lion and the only reason he went on these missions of information gathering was to make Matsusa happy. Each time he brought back tid bits of what he thought was randomness, Susa always smiled and seemed less inclined toward what Anupama thought was unhealthy inclinations. Unhealthy for everyone else.

Anu watched the stranger very carefully as the lioness drank from the stream nearer to him than other creatures in the area Matsusa had asked him to stake out. But he tried to be subtle and discrete about his observation of the other.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:59 am
Dame NightFury

It was exceedingly difficult to really enjoy a refreshing drink with a nervous jackal nearby. Even if Vyriskas hadn't been aware of the others presence, he was sure he would have felt all that nervous energy buzzing around. He looked out of the corner of his eye towards the little carnivore and rolled his eyes before fully standing. This, of course, just enlarged him. Even with a biologically feminine physique, Vyriskas was half-God, and stood at an impressive height.

Should he point out that the jackal wasn't very hidden from him? Maybe subtly. "I know you're out there," He called out. "So come out and face me, unless you would rather taste my claws."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:52 am
Painted Moose

Anupama froze. Like a bunny. He would have been embarrassed by the reaction, except that his experience with lions was limited before becoming Susa's familiar. It really wasn't that great afterwards either. Would this one be as mean and cruel to him as the others were? Or would she be more like Susa, who truly cared but found it hard to express that set of feelings especially around others of the pride? Anu weighted his options as quickly as he could. Either he stayed where he was - not hidden very well obiviously - and unset the big lioness and possibly lead to her pouncing at him. Or he did as she requested, in which case she could still pounce at him but at least he wouldn't be acting like prey. Hmm. Hard choice.

Anu let out a breath and stood, looking for the easiest path that lead to the lioness. He didn't stop until he was very close, because of the sheer size of her, it didn't matter how far he stood - the pounce would still likely kill him. Might as well be in a position to hear without them having to speak loudly. And maybe he could still watch the surrounding area. Not that Matsusa would get that information if Anu ended up dead. Oh no! Susa! What would he think if Anu never returned?

That thought made Anu determined to survive and it brought his courage to the fore. He faced down and dealt with horrible lions on a daily basis in Susa's pride. This lone one couldn't compare. "Well, here I am," Anu challenged.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:19 am
Dame NightFury

Vyriskas waited patiently while the little scavenger made his way down to expose himself. It wasn't like him to be a particularly intimidating lion, though in his line of work it was certainly called for. "Yes, here you are," Vyriskas tilted his chin to assess the little creature. "Were you aware that you're on the border of the Mimi'naona? Whatever prey you're after can't be worth your life. If you're not here looking for aid, you'd best be turning around right now and scooting away from here."

The way he stood wasn't particularly threatening, though there was that possibly. He certainly didn't want to terrify the little thing, but he also didn't want competition for meals for his pride.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:56 am
Painted Moose

Anu only just stiffled a snort. He risked his life just by being bound to Matsusa. But this lion didn't know that, and that was no reason to be rude. "I'm sorry, but that's not a new situation for me. Danger, I mean. But if it makes you feel any better, my prey doesn't scamper about nor does it bleed when it's finally caught." Anupama admitted. But this was the edge of a pride? Was that why Matsusa had sent him here? "I've never heard of the Mini'naona pride. Granted, I've rarely traveled to this area." Anu couldn't help but wonder why this was the area Susa wanted him to stake out and gather information from. Did his lion know that there was a pride so close? Probably not. Anu was still suspicious that Matsusa sent him on these missions just to get him out from under foot. But it couldn't hurt to get some information to bring back to him. Maybe Matsusa would even leave his current pride if he fell in love. Maybe with this lioness. Hmmm ...

Anu looked the lion over and saw a very pretty physical form. Maybe their personality would help straighten out Susa's more than Anu could. Maybe. She did seem to be very direct. "I'm Anupama and bound to my lion Matsusa." Anu introduced himself.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:06 pm
Dame NightFury

Vyriskas supposed he had a point. Everything would be dangerous to such a little creature, but what sort of prey could he be searching for that didn't bleed? It perked his curiosity, and brought his attention fully to the jackal. "We're a pride dedicated to the protection, and support of seers. Some of us are God born, others naturally gifted, with some sightless to assist. Visions cannot be taught, nor can they be contained, but with the right support we believe they can be channeled into productive channels." The way he recited it was almost as if it were a practiced speech; which it was. One that Vyriskas himself hadn't even come up with. It was something that was taught to anyone wishing to speak with rogues. Something about communication being key to bringing in new members blah blah blah.

"It's nice to meet you, Anupama." And it actually was. As odd as the whole conversation had started out, this jackal was relatively nice to speak with. Bound to his lion, though? That didn't sound...healthy. "My name is Vyriskas, and I'm the prides Commander. Is your lion close by?" It was a matter of security, really. Couldn't have a bunch of rogues lying in wait on the border.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:26 am
Painted Moose

Filing the information about the pride into the back of his mind to sweeten and tempt Susa to leave the pride he was currently in along with his siblings, Anupama bowed to the lioness. "I'm please to meet you, Vyriskas. Matsusa isn't currently with me. He sent me on ahead to get information about the area. Whenever he wants to visit new areas, I usually go on ahead to make sure it's quiet for him. He's a learner - a social scientist of a sort without the training. The more active an area is for prey, the longer he'll stay just to watch them and learn them." Until he gets bored and then Anu did everything he could to keep the peace, but the lioness didn't need to know that.

Anu nodded out at the herds and groups of prey beasts. "This area is perfect for him to relax and still do what he enjoys. Would it be too close to the pride for us to vacation and visit here, Commander?" Not that the answer would matter to Susa, but Anu knew he could always lie and say that the area was full of mosquitos and black mambas and things that weren't really all that interesting to Susa if the lioness refused to allow them this close to her pride. "He might be interested in learning about your pride as well. As another subject material during the visit," Anu admitted.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:29 am
Dame NightFury

"Well, so long as he isn't a psycho he's welcome to stay on the borders for a while or even visit. If he isn't causing trouble then I don't mind you guys spending a little time here." Vyriskas answered smoothly. After all, the more rogues that visited, the further out his pride could reach. Rumors would lead to tips for seers and those that needed their help would come to find them. It was really a win win for everyone involved.

"When you bring him back this way, ask the patrol for me, and I'll give you a personal tour." Why not? This jackal seemed nice enough so his lion couldn't be all that bad. A little odd, maybe, but not bad. "Better than letting one of the females lead you around. They're a talkative bunch in this pride." He chuckled, shaking his mane.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces