Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
New avatar contest, new theme/restriction. contest is over. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

1. Nadian
  2. Gyzvx
  3. Prof. Moonie
  4. My cutsbleedRainbows
  5. The Depraved Machine
  6. Hiddochi Wolf
  7. Okami Ameras
View Results

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:22 pm
This week's theme is, white, the color white.

You have until Thursday to submit an avatar. Friday and part of Saturday voting happens, thats when you'll know what the prize is. Prize is handed out at the end of the voting.

1. Nadian User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 2. Gyzvx User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 3. Prof. Moonie User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
4. My cutsbleedRainbows User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 5. The Depraved Machine User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 6. Hiddochi Wolf User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
7. Okami Ameras User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Prize this week: Sparkling Crowns  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:03 am
I'll go ahead and get things started again by attempting to nominate this current avatar.  

Nadian
Crew

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:08 pm
For those of you who might not have noticed. I do change my avatar before posting the thread. Sometimes it's right before, sometimes it's a day before. but I always match the theme. Though you don't know what the theme is until the thread is posted.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:50 pm
well heres my attempt. mrgreen  

Gyzvx

Friendly Explorer

11,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:50 pm
Here's my entry for this week's contest.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:17 am
I would like to submit my avatar.

Turn-Based Addict

Backwoods Phantom

The Depraved Machine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:12 am
I guess I'll enter with this Avatar. I don't have a lot of white in my inventory so this took forever and I'll still not sure I'm happy with but I'm done fiddling with the thing...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:26 am
This is my entry. emotion_yatta  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:23 pm
The Depraved Machine
I don't have a lot of white in my inventory so this took forever and I'll still not sure I'm happy with but I'm done fiddling with the thing...

That's the problem I was running into as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:59 pm
Prof. Moonie
The Depraved Machine
I don't have a lot of white in my inventory so this took forever and I'll still not sure I'm happy with but I'm done fiddling with the thing...

I would of had a much easier time if the theme were natural colors or greens or just something than white. I just don't have much white. sweatdrop  

The Depraved Machine

The Depraved Machine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:04 pm
Oh geez, why is mine grey? Is it because I had a moving background? I took it off if it needs to be re-posted.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:07 pm
White is one of the more challenging ones to work with because you're like "You mean white, white or...?"  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:56 pm
The Depraved Machine
Prof. Moonie
The Depraved Machine

I would of had a much easier time if the theme were natural colors or greens or just something than white. I just don't have much white. sweatdrop

Yeah, but I guess it's good to have a color to challenge us to get creative and create something different than our usual color scheme(s).

For me, the problem with many of my so-called white items is that they are different tones from each other (which makes it hard to match with other pieces) or there's a hint of another color in them (i.e. Icicle Wings has a slight blue tint).  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:34 pm
These avatar contests should have some challenge. Either as a color/theme you aren't used to or some sort of restriction.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

The Depraved Machine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:41 am
Prof. Moonie
The Depraved Machine
Prof. Moonie
The Depraved Machine

Yeah, but I guess it's good to have a color to challenge us to get creative and create something different than our usual color scheme(s).

For me, the problem with many of my so-called white items is that they are different tones from each other (which makes it hard to match with other pieces) or there's a hint of another color in them (i.e. Icicle Wings has a slight blue tint).
The challenge of the contest it is the fun part but I'm a little disappointed in my entry for this one. Oh well, maybe I'll be able to come up with something better for the next theme or challenge.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff