Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Across cultural lines (Nergui/Na'ima)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:21 pm
Her visits to Death were becoming more frequent, and by frequent that meant she was making a second trip up toward the top of the tower. Na'ima only had one reason to be up here, truly, but today she was going to explore. Explore everywhere but the training grounds. No.

The forge was interesting, she would certainly need to return to see if perhaps she could have a few things made, but that would be a task for another time. The library needed more stock to it. A disappointment. But they had all the time in the world to refill its shelves, they would be all right. Briefly she stopped before the housing quarter, looking to the entrance and then higher up its walls. Maybe..? No, another time.

Finally she stood before the temple of silence, golden amber eyes looking forward toward its entrance. She likely looked a sight, a brightly dressed horsewoman of Famine standing at the entrance of a Death clan temple. She was covered from head to toe in her usual garb of scarves and veils, her only exposed flesh being that of her eyes and fingers. During her walk through the death clan's portion of the tower her presence had always been announced by the musical jingling of jewelry clinking together. No doubt she stood out, even by Famine standards with their dull, earthy colors, but she didn't care. This was a culture she had never truly taken the time to look into, and now she was curious about it.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:52 pm
The delicate chiming of Na'ima's bells were not the only ones in the air that morning around the temple. A certain Death priestess approaching from the residential wing of her slice of the tower was dressed in her usual flounced and flowing layers, very nearly dripping in the bangles and jewelry her guardian and cousin spoiled her with. Gold and silver alike, with opals and moonstones catching the soft light of the tower.

There was a small stack of books in her arms, three tall. Old, ancient looking tomes with frayed bindings and worn titles. Pieces of the history, as they were very obviously among the woefully small number of books that had been saved from the isles when they fell. She was in the process of making additional copies, though it was a long, arduous process, one that she had been working ate for some time now, and would no doubt be working on for years to come. But it was important work.

She was intending to head up to one of the more secluded chambers in the temple. Available should anyone need her, but tucked away somewhere quiet. It allowed her to multitask, attention shifting easily between priestess and scholar. Today, however, something rather bright and colorful caught her eye before she had reached the mammoth doors. It had her slowing, mismatched eyes settling on the misplaced mare before she moved up beside her. "Welcome to the temple. Is there anything I can help you with?"

eight

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:46 am
The chimes were heard long before Nergui actually came close enough to speak to Na'ima. The Famine horsewoman had already turned her head enough to peek through the sheer material of one of her veils toward whoever was arriving, one of her hands moving to pull the veil across her face despite there already being veils covering her. What a tiny little thing. Though her eyes were what fascinated her most until the tiny Death mare spoke up beside her. She smiled, the action reaching her eyes. "Thank you, and only if you wish it. I simply come here out of curiosity."

Golden eyes turned up toward the temple before them, her head tilting to one side as she admired it. It certainly was impressive. "Death has not been a clan I have ever known much about, but recently I have found it to be quite interesting." She looked down to the tiny mare again. "Are you a priestess?"

Beejoux

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:30 am
The dainty mare inclined her head in a polite little bow, a kind smile lighting up ashen features. "It would be no trouble at all, guidance and enlightment are my duty." Two of many, though it was only in the more recent recent years that Nergui had opened up enough to become so personable. Before the fall of the isles she had been a fairly cold individual.

A nod followed the other mare's question. "I am a priestess, and an Elder of Death. If it's curiosity that brings you here today, perhaps I can show you around?" She half turned towards the entrance of the temple, patiently awaiting an answer. If the other horsewoman preferred to explore on her own, Neegui would not press her.

eight

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:14 pm
Her brow raised high, eyes widening slightly. "An Elder. I am honored, priestess." Such a tiny elder. However, at her offer Na'ima hesitated. She shouldn't be taking up an elder priestess' time on something frivolous, she was a grown mare she could take care of herself in unfamiliar territory. Briefly golden eyes glanced toward the temple quarters before settling on the tiny elder again.

She smiled again behind her veil. "You do not seem prone to being taciturn and unhelpful," Na'ima began with some amusement, "if you are willing, I would love for you to show me around, priestess."

Beejoux

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:30 am
Another pleased smile, and Nergui inclined her head in a small nod before waving a hand at the temple entrance. "It would be my pleasure." As the Famine mare fell into step, the smaller moved to walk beside her. "My name is Nergui. Do feel free to ask any questions that come to mind.

"And perhaps you will not mind if I ask one of my own." Mismatched eyes turned up to the lovely mare. "What was it that sparked this new found interest in our proud clan?"

eight

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:02 am
Na'ima bowed her head respectfully as Nergui introduced herself. It was always nice to have a name to go with a face. "Na'ima. It is a pleasure to meet you, Nergui. Thank you for offering to show me around."

The priestess' next question was..not unexpected, though part of her had hoped such a thing would not be asked, that possibly the priestess would think the Famine mare was simply what most Famine horsemen were known for being; curious about everything. What mare wouldn't want to get to know her new neighbors a little better now that they were more easily reachable than a long and tiresome island trip away? Now they were simply...stairs away..

So. Many. Stairs.

She was quiet at first, looking ahead without saying a word, though her eyes could possibly give away her thoughtful look. Would it be terrible to lie? Though, would it even be necessary? What if she was honest? What could she even say? It wasn't as if he had entirely agreed on a relationship. They were simply...testing the waters, seeing if there could even be anything there. So far things actually..seemed to be going very, very well.

Pursing her lips under the safe cover of her veil, Na'ima finally glanced down at Nergui once more. "A stallion, actually. During one of our conversations he began to speak openly about his clan a bit more than before," because before I never gave him the chance, "but he is not a man of many words. I believe he grows tired of my constant stream of questions and wishes I would be slightly less noisy," she confessed with a chuckle. It would certainly explain silencing her with kisses, even if they were always enjoyable. "And perhaps part of me believes if I learn more of his clan, perhaps I will understand him better. Until recently, my interactions with other clans were very limited."

Beejoux

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:20 pm
"A stallion?" The Famine mare had her attention even more so now. Cold once upon a time, now the priestess enjoyed a good love story. "I wonder if I know him. Does this stallion have a name?" There were only so many within the tower, and the petite horsewoman was confident she knew he majority of them.

Inside, the priestess turned, walking backwards as she spread hands wide to gesture tot he grand sanctuary of the temple. "Welcome, friend, to the inner sanctum of our proud clan." There was such pride in her voice, a touch of awe.

eight
...I have no idea what the inside of the death temple looks like >.>

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:46 pm
"Perhaps," was all Na'ima offered almost playfully. Instead of elaborating she looked around at the temple they had walked into.

A small smile was hidden behind her veil. "It is beautiful, priestess. Is this a recent build or was this already here?" She looked up, studying every detail she took in. "So priestesses, you do..trances and things, yes? My memory is a bit cloudy sometimes. I don't truly know much about what you do, other than..you take guardians, and you deal with trances."

Beejoux

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:04 pm
"Perhaps," Nergui echoed, offering a sharper look and a smile. "Not keen on sharing, then." She didn't press, least not just yet. There would be time enough to try to get the name from the mare later.

There was the temple to worry over, and Nergui did love showing it off, though she seldom got the chance. Visitors from outside their clan, even here, were rare. "I cannot say for certain. The building itself seems aged, but what cause would the ancients have of it?" Her shoulders rose in an elegant shrug.

"We choose guardians, and they choose us." Not always, but often. "And we do indeed deal with trance. Have you ever partaken?"

eight

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:16 pm
"Not when I do not yet know what kind of relationship he will allow us to have together, no," Na'ima explained almost off-handedly, mostly distracted with taking in the sights around her. "Long story."

As Nergui wondered of ancients using temples, Na'ima shrugged. It seemed rather simple to her. "Why not? Temples are wonderful places of not only worship but work. I can think of many reasons to have a temple, especially if one thinks of themselves as a god." She ran delicate, painted fingers along a column, walking around it while gazing up its length. Fascinating. "We do not make much use of temples in Famine. Though I am sure if we did they would be magnificent." Just like anything produced by the Famine clan. It was proven fact.

Na'ima glanced Nergui's way when corrected. There was the briefest pause, she was recalling her chat with Wrath. Well, he did say they all asked and he said no. But he had also implied there were cases of poor guardian/priestess relationships, hadn't he? "Ah, yes. My apologies, poor word choice. She smiled. "Something like that. I have had hallucinations, strange..visions, dreams, but never a Death priestess trance." Her brow arched. "Are you offering?"

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:39 pm
It was an acceptable reason, though that certainly didn't mean Nergui wasn't curious, all the same. Still, she wondered if she knew the stallion in question. The mare pursed her lips, mismatched eyes lingering on other before she smiled softly and gave a very small shake of her head.

Really, she couldn't pretend she didn't understand. Sh'd found herself in a very similar situation before She and Soren had settled into their comfortable partnership. It had been a long, twisted road, but they were happy, and more connected than they had ever been before.

"It is not merely the temple itself that makes me wonder, for they certainly serve a grand purpose, but all of it." She spread her arms, small hands going out in a wide gesture as they walked. "The floors seemed so very tailored to our specific needs, do you not think?" It just seemed odd to her, not that she wasn't grateful.

"I am offering if you are interested in exploring," she answered with a smile.

eight

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:12 am
Na'ima hummed. "I never thought to question it, I was just glad to have a new, stable home, to be honest." Things were better here, definitely. She was tired of the darkness of Halloween, and of Halloween itself with its noisy scarelings and 'rules' for Horsemen. As if they were doing them a service.

She looked to Nergui once more as the mare offered up a trance, brow raising as she considered it. There was no harm in it, truly. Admittedly she had once been curious how one worked in her younger days..

Her smile returned. "Very well, why not."

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:18 am
"I am infinitely grateful for the beautiful home Medea found for us. It is not the islands, nothing could replace them, but it's more than I had hoped for after our stay in Amity." She Didn't mean to sound ungrateful, but she couldn't help but be curious.

Nergui led the other woman through the main body of the temple, then down an aisle to the left, heading beneath an arch that opened up into a spiraling staircase. "Now? Or would you rather come back another time? Trance can be a very involved process."

eight

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out