Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime Retro & Classic Series
Offical Inuyasha Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:00 am
Welcome to the Official Inuyasha Thread!
This thread is open for discussion about the manga and anime series, Inuyasha.
Inuyasha is a personal favourite of mine. The reason for this being that it was the anime that got me into anime so to say. It was the second anime that I had ever watched, the first being Cowboy Bebop, and I was absolutely in love with it and all it's characters. I remember being younger and staying up to watch it, and trying to track the main character's progress in their adventure. I remember feeling happy, and sad, and scared, and even angry because of the anime.
Even now I still get a great mix of emotions from it!
If I remember correctly, Inuyasha had also sparked my interest in drawing fan art for series. I had watched one of the movies, and wanted to redraw a scene from it. Granted, it wasn't all too good at the time, but it was definitely the start to what I can do now!
All in all Inuyasha is hands down one of my favourite series. As an addition, the anime can also be watched on Netflix or Hulu, if any of you have one of those!
Feel free to discuss the anime, manga, the movies, and miscellaneous things such as merchandise or even cosplay for the series!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:59 am
User Image
Inuyasha Cosplayers - Inuyasha Anime Series - Taken at Jafax 16 - June 2011
Allendale MI Campus of Grand Valley State University

Here is a a photo that I took that I'm happy to share with InuYasha Fans. Enjoy.

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Cerigwen

Sparkly Wife

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:33 am
o(≧∇≦o)

This series holds a special place in my heart! My first anime was Sailor Moon, but InuYasha was up there with my first couple of animes. When I watched it for the first time, I thought InuYasha was a girl to be honest. emotion_sweatdrop Probably because he sort of looked like Ryoko (from Tenchi Muyo) to me, in my young mind. But after really getting into it, I became a rabid fangirl. I remember staying up every weekend late at night with my brother to tape the show on Adult Swim before I got up for school the next day. And even after all that, I'd be day-dreaming about it during class. My friends teased me a ton about that. They never let me live it down. Those were fond memories! And now, after I've gotten much older, the show hasn't dulled to me at all. It may not be everyone's type of show, but it's still a timeless anime to me. The drama and the romance and the emotions and the adventure are unparalleled! emotion_kirakira Even Naraku is still my top villain in any media to date. He's so conniving and personal, yet there's reasons for why he's so evil. It makes you kind of relate to him.

After that long hiatus when the show sort of "ended" at episode 167, when the anime caught up to the manga, the newer Final Act show still felt really fresh and well-done, with a satisfying ending (imo.) It totally pulled me back into the show again. Apparently the manga was releasing a little slower because Rumiko couldn't decide how to end things with InuYasha and Kagome. Which to me, is really cool! She actually felt pretty conflicted about her characters' relationships, which is why I love her! I really love her stories. She takes her time with them. And I'm glad she did this time because I've heard she's been renowned for several of her series to have unsatisfying endings, which wasn't the case with this one!

smithers456
User Image
Inuyasha Cosplayers - Inuyasha Anime Series - Taken at Jafax 16 - June 2011
Allendale MI Campus of Grand Valley State University

Here is a a photo that I took that I'm happy to share with InuYasha Fans. Enjoy.

Those are wonderful cosplays btw!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:03 am
OMG, I am so happy that this is thread! Other than Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon, and DBZ, this is what I consider the reason why I am in love with Anime! Just like you, nerdiepi!! emotion_bigheart

I also think this is what got me into drawing anime. A LOT of my old work was Inuyasha characters and scenes. Here are a few examples of my very old work:

User Image

User Image

I also had a drawing that I did of one of Shippo's drawing scenes of InuYasha and Kagome. If I can find it, I'll post it later on!

I love all the characters in InuYasha. I always had a crush on Inuyasha! xP His voice is ah-mazing. My dream is to be a voice actress, and if I ever do accomplish that dream, I hope I can meet the voice of him! ^^~ Him, and many others lol.

I always wanted to cosplay Kogura or Sango! Such strong woman charcters. Kagome as well- her personality is similar to mine, I think.

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
Anime Retro & Classic Series

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers