Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Elimisha'sombea Lands [IC]
{PRP} When the stars align (Dinari x Turana)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:36 pm
User Image

The stars were lovely tonight. Dinari often found himself walking under the protective trees towards the lakes on clear evenings so that he could get a good glance at the skies he loved. While Lalika had been a reason for him to visit this colony of leopards the clarity of the stars overhead had enticed him to linger. They truly are marvelous. From his family he had learned how to read the stars to tell directions and more.

Tales could be found up there and directions as well. Not that he was too superstitious of a leopard to begin with, but the random chances of fate were not to be denied. It also proved easy to guide a younger leopard with promise of fate written in the stars as well. He would often tie his own advice into the 'directions' given by the heavens. It seemed to work out well.

"Oh?" Blinking Dinari happened to look up at the same time that a star shot across the skies. Was tonight one of those rare chances then? Stretching his legs the leopard turned in a circle to try to get a better angle on his vision of the sky. Every so often he would catch a glimpse of it as well. Tonight was a star shower, "How lucky. Should I make a wish?" Smiling the leopard settled on the dew coated grass and stared upwards longingly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:50 pm
User Image
Out and about a little later than normal, Turana was slowly walking near the lakes. She'd overheard another member talking about a special stone that would shine in the moonlight. It was a clear thing, and the sun shone too harshly for a proper reflection to find with with.

While she felt like someone might be pulling her leg, her job as a bone-hunter made her curious just the same. If such a stone or gem existed, it would be quite a treasure. If not.. well, perhaps she would find something else of interest~

Looking up to stretch her neck, she just happened to see a star shoot across the sky that peeked through the trees. Oh! Maybe that was the gem! She'd heard of gems and rocks falling from the sky before! Heading in the direction the star had gone, she went at a quick trot until she broke through the tree line. The lakes? She looked up again, saw that there was more than one star flying through the sky, and none seemed to be landing. With a disgruntled huff, she sat and glared up at the sky for taunting her so rudely.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:25 pm
Cornetified

Dinari was truly enjoying the show when he heard the rustling in the grass. Was someone else there? Figures I finally get to enjoy some peace and someone has to wander over here. He just hoped it would be someone else to enjoy the star show. As he stood and walked over the leopard heard the huff, "Not happy with the stars?" What an odd reaction to seeing the lights shooting through the heavens.

The leopard gazed up and smiled, "If you're worried about missing some of them it's alright. You came in at the middle when actually most of the stars fall. It kinda trickles off afterwards." After seeing a few more stars flying past he glanced once more towards the leopardess, "You know if you squint your eyes like that it doesn't help you to see the stars." Really what was with the glare? Dinari had to just lightly shake his head before gazing back towards the skies.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:39 pm
Turana idly heard the other paw steps approaching, though didn't pay it any mind until the voice addressed her. Ears perking, her glare slid over to Dinari. Ah. She'd seen him around the group. "Not really," she grumbled before looking down to the lake.

"I didn't come to see the stars. I wanted to find.. something. It's not here though." As if to make her point, she closed her eyes completely, and took a deep breath to keep her irritation down. Served her right for getting excited over nothing.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:49 pm
Cornetified

Dinari frowned at the other leopard's response. He was new to the colony yes, but still the reaction was surprising. The colony even had roles for star gazers such as him and he was certain that at least some respect had been taught for the heavens. Maybe she too was a rogue? It would figure that he would have some grumpy leopard coming in to ruin the beautiful night overhead.

"Something other than the stars?" Dinari shook his head before lightly nudging her, "Why don't you tell me what you were looking for while you glance up?" The leopard looked to the skies, "Even if you aren't satisfied in your search you should still have some respect for the rare beauty above us." He smirked thoughtfully, "You know I hear that if you are truly wanting something a falling star is supposed to be lucky to wish upon."

A cub's hopeful dream of course, but still maybe it would perk up the frustrated leopardess.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:53 pm
Turana sighing softly. Did she really want to tell him about the fanciful quest? "I.. was hoping one of them would come down here," she murmured, eyes shifting away and obstinately looking away from the sky. "It's just silly, I know."  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:20 am
Cornetified

She was hoping for a fallen star? Dinari frowned thoughtfully and before he could shake off her request the male noticed the way she glanced away. She really was being hopeful then? Frowning Dinari looked up towards the sky once more at the gleaming stars as they flew across the horizon. Then again where did all of these stars go? Surely one or two must trail off on occasion...

The leopard smiled, "Not silly, just incredibly hard." He finally replied, "We could look if you want. This might be that one time a falling star does happen to land on the ground after all."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:36 am
Turana looked at the male suspiciously. Was he teasing her or humoring her with his offer to look? After a moment, she shook her head. "I wouldn't disturb you for such a fanciful cause," she replied. She really didn't need it getting around that she was walking around with her head in the clouds like a cub! "It was merely a thought."

Sabra Knight

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:44 am
Cornetified

"Fanciful?" Dinari frowned before shaking his head, "More like daring." He chuckled, "I consider it a very high form of determination to try hunting down such a rare find." The leopard shrugged, "I live by reading the stars and letting them guide me, how could this request seem odd?"

Stretching one last time the male brushed past the leopardess as he headed along, "I suppose if you think that way then I'll just wander around on my own and if I find one....then that means it's mine~" Teasingly his tail waved in the air as he began to slink off into the night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:05 pm
She could hardly believe the words she was hearing. Turana glanced over at the male, gaze now a little curious. The question was... did he actually believe what he was saying?

Glancing up at the sparkling sky again, her head whipped around at the male's teasing challenge. He wouldn't-! "Hey!" she called out, hurrying after him. As if she would let him take the glory if he found her idea!

Sabra Knight
Fin!

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

[IC] Elimisha'sombea Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out