Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Why hello there (Ragnvard & Kiunguza)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:19 am
User Image
Pain flared up through his front leg with each step, forcing him to grit his teeth hard enough to make his jaw ache. But no way would he betray his injury to anyone. That was actually why he was out here… too many in the pride would take advantage of his current weakness to exact revenge, or plan a coup. He had plenty of enemies in his homeland, almost more than he had allies, and there was no point in giving them extra opportunity to get rid of him.

Lifting his head he scanned the horizon again. He wasn’t worried about meeting a violent rogue out here, very few of them could ever match him in a fight, even while he was injured. No, the only real concern was meeting other Reavers on their viking.

Wrinkling his nose at the thought he growled low in his throat. He needed a distraction. His plans were coming together, slow but steady. It would be a while yet before he had all the pieces in place. But as yet there had been no unreasonable issues. This injury was the first true setback in his plans. He would have to take time to heal, but at the same time keep his injury a secret even from his own reavers. He had to keep them busy too, bored warriors, especially as bloodthirsty as his band was, was not a good idea. Sighing he took comfort in knowing his brother was as bad as he was. Their fight had been unexpected but typically brutal, and neither had gotten away without serious wounds. Ragnvard could only hope his golden-coated brother was in just as much pain.

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:20 am
User Image

The ex-firekin moved swiftly, her movement swift and sure. She wasn't one to hesitate, even in her exploration. Her paws hit the ground in a firm pace. Despite being half rogue, she was not a small female. She inherited her mother's firekin blood far more than her father's smaller size. Not only that, but she had trained herself thoroughly in the firekin, her body was covered in lithe muscle. That was why she wasn't afraid as she moved through the rogue lands, there would be very few that would be so stupid as to attack such a big bulky female, especially one with as much muscle as she possessed. She was confident she could take on most of the rogues in the rogue lands.

Her pace began to slow and she rolled her shoulders, aching to go on a hunt. Though she was well versed in up-close combat, she also thoroughly enjoyed the thrill of the chase. She slowed dramatically, and lowered her body to the ground, head low, she stalked forward.

She launched herself, tackling the tuft of grass with all the force that she would use to attack an opponent. The force of her attack sent her tumbling into a barrel roll, and she came to rest on her back. She laughed loudly and relaxed into a flop.

Tanakako

Velveteen Angel

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:00 am
He caught sight of the red-coated rogue some distance off, though as distracted a she was he dismissed it from his thoughts. But then the stranger’s behaviour changed, going into a stalk. With nothing else pressing for his attention he paused to watch them, the sudden charge and subsequent fall made him frown, being such a strange action for someone out here. Most of the rogues he had met had been weak, desperate things, too intent on survival to have any kind of fun, or indeed any energy for it. That this one was romping like a cub, while rather unbecoming to his mind, proved they were at least not starving… though they might just be mad. Still.. maybe this was the distraction he had been seeking.

Letting his curiosity guide him, he strolled down the small hillock towards the figure. Quickly realising it was not only a lioness, but a big one. And red. Instantly the rumours h had heard for years came to mind, or large red warriors from the desert. Powerful and savage they were supposed to be prime fighters. Ragnvard had always tried to find one, but they seemed to keep to their own lands. Which he thought a serious waste of talent, if they were half as good as the stories claimed. Why they had not spread out and conquered their neighbours he had no idea.

Intrigued despite himself he closed the distance, keeping his limp well hidden so as not to give away his temporary weakness. Golden gaze fixed on her, trying to puzzle this little conundrum. Was she one of those fabled warriors? If so, he had to have her.

Arching a brow as he came up to her he tipped his head, expression curious and slightly mystified. “What are you doing?”

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:37 am

Kiun heard him approaching, but she gave no outward sign that she did. She knew she was in a vulnerable position, lying on her back on the ground, but she kept her muscles relaxed and her pose completely relaxed. Inwardly, she was planning out what would happen if the stranger attacked, and how she could roll out of the way, and twist her body to attack.

However, as the stranger approached, she turned her head ever so slightly, her bright red eyes lazily running over his muscled figure. Ah. He was a warrior. He might actually have been one of the few rogues she had come across that might actually be a worthy opponent for her. However, he didn't seem inclined to attack. That almost disappointed her.

"Entertaining myself," she responded calmly. "The rogue land is incredibly boring, don't you agree?"

She remained on her back, still exposing her stomach to him, but her tail now flicked dangerously on the ground, warning against any foolish attacks on his part.

Tanakako

Velveteen Angel

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:29 am
Ragnvard met her bright gaze, his own golden eyes steady and unflinching. Her lazy examination of his frame amused him and he smirked, a twist of his muzzle that showed more fang than not. Her reply wasn’t what he had expected, but he supposed it made sense. Arching a brow in return he made a low sound. “Depends what you are looking for… I find it holds many entertainments, personally.” After all, it was the main source of the pride’s thralls and treasure. Out there were endless possibilities for fights and glory.

Glancing at her agitated tail twitching, he grinned again. Though he didn’t attack, he didn’t move away either, remaining right in her personal space. “Such as right now… I had not expected to find someone of your calibre today. Firekin?” he questioned, unable to resist his curiosity any further, and wanting to know if he needed to win her over, or attempt a thrall capture. As he had already decided she would be accompanying him back home, the only question was, would she go willingly, and hopefully join his reaver band, or would he claim her as his thrall. She would be better suited as a reaver, he knew that already. But letting her go was simply not an option.

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:07 am

She was unimpressed at his continuing presence in her personal space, but she continued to stay relaxed. "Really? You must be more inventive than I," she remarked over his enjoyment of the rogue lands, her tail gently flicking.

Her brows raised at his comment on her heritage. "You are familiar with my firekin brethren?" She asked, rather intrigued. "How wonderful. I am pleased that the stories of our calibre have extended so far into the rogue lands."

She rolled smoothly onto her paws, deliberately rolling towards him, rather than away. As she rose to her paws, she was standing very close to him, so close her nose was filled with his scent and little else. She smiled, her own smile a fanged grin. "Indeed I am of firekin blood. Why the question, stranger?"

Tanakako

Velveteen Angel

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:32 am
Chuckling low and easy he tipped his head, watching her intently as she stood, she was so close he could have touched her without moving a paw. “I have heard stories, only.” He confirmed, voice shifting from amused to something a little more serious. “They are fierce red warriors. Rulers of their desert land, and formidable adversaries. I have often wondered about them, but I have never travailed quite so far. My work here does not allow the time for such a trek.” Not only could he not leave his reavers idle for so long, but if he did vanish his title could be challenged. And after having worked so hard for his Captaincy he was not about to risk loosing it. Besides, he had too many cogs in motion to simply go away for a long time. His plans and mechanisations required constant monitoring. Allies and enemies alike had to be constantly watched and courted.

Finally he shifted back, allowing them both space to breathe and for the tension in the air to disperse a little. He wanted her to join him, not fight him. Not yet, anyway. “As I said, I was intrigued. I have never met an actual firekin. Now I have. And it makes me wonder just why you are so far from home, and how I could possibly offer any assistance… “ The last was spoken with an enquiring tone, the male’s intent gaze fixed on her. “I wonder if you might possibly be looking for a new home.”

Velveteen Angel
Sorry this took do long!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:56 am

"Your work?" She repeated back to him, intrigued. "And what work might that be?" He could have been firekin, had his pelt been a different colour, she mused to herself, but she found his huria pelt actually attractive. She knew huria disappointed her father greatly, and anything that disappointed him had a great deal of appeal to the fire-pelted female.

She was glad when he retreated back slightly, giving them both space. Perhaps it was due to her bloodline, but she would not have retreated first, holding her pose despite the awkward tension. She was nothing, if not bone headed. "I left my home lands to dishonour my father," she said bluntly. "The firekin do not take leaving lightly, and, while I am sad to leave my brethren, the shame it will bring to my father is far more appealing than my paws in the hot dessert." She wondered how he would take her reason for leaving.

Tanakako
Sorry for the delay! RL got kinda s**t x_x

Velveteen Angel

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:05 am
He nodded, ear flicking as he considered how to explain. “I am a Captain of the Myrsky Syntynyt. I have a band of reavers to manage. If I vanish for a long period they are likely to get into trouble. Often enough bored reavers are violent reavers.” He shrugged one brawny shoulder nonchalantly, he had very little trouble with the lions that served under him, his reputation was usually enough to make sure they behaved themselves. Yes, he was known as a fierce and cutthroat Stormborn, but he possessed the loyalty of hs followers through more than that. He was dedicated to their education and advancement, and worked to provide them every opportunity for battles and vikings.

As she spoke of leaving her home he looked impressed, nodding slightly. “That must have required great fortitude, to leave your pride.” His voice had dipped slightly, becoming more intimate than their earlier words had been. “Family can be…. hard.” He added with a short sigh.

Velveteen Angel
No worries at all. I hope things improve for you soon. ;-;

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:39 pm

She was intrigued with his discussion of his work, her eyes showing her interest keenly. "Reavers?" She repeated, curious. "It sounds like...an interest arrangement. Are they warriors?" She missed training. She had been a good fighter in the firekin and had been sad to give up on the opportunity for advancement by leaving, but as she had said, the urge to dishonour her father was the strongest urge she possessed at present.

"It sounds as though you also share a...difficult family structure," she said, noticing his sigh and his intimate words. "When I raise my own family, they will be raised with loyalty to one another." She didn't know if she hated her father, but honestly, she came close to hating him.

Tanakako

Velveteen Angel

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:10 am
Returning her gaze he tipped his head in agreement. "They are. Reavers protect the pride. We guard it's boundary and challenge anyone who comes to us. We also go out beyond our boarder to collect useful things like herd beats, pelts and thralls." Studying her he knew she would be a great reaver, she had the build and it seemed, the drive for it. "Reavers train constantly, in fact we just had an in-pride tournament for all members, even the Cubs took part." It had been an interesting event and had given Ragnvard an excellent opportunity to scout out new talent for his band. And had shown him where certain lions of his had weaknesses he needed to focus on.

Her talk of family made him huff. The sound low and full of exasperation. "My own family is.... split." He finally concluded, unable to come up with a better word to describe the troubles between siblings. "My younger brother is a lawspeaker, he does not understand what being a warrior means and prefers to use.. underhanded tactics to get his way," The way Ragnvard spoke made the rank sound shameful. Clearly Ragnvard and this sibling did not get on at all. "Then there is my older brother. He is a reaver but lacks ambition. However my younger sister is a bright and talented warrior. She works with me as part of my Reaving band."

He hadn't meant to go on so, and gave the lioness a slightly embarrassed smile. "Pardon my ranting. My eldest brother and I had another falling out today, so it is still kind of raw." In actual fact the wound to his leg was throbbing horribly. But he would not let the pain show despite the fact that standing there was making it gradually stiffen up.

Velveteen Angel

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff