Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[enrollment] Vaudrey the Sphinx[ ACCEPTED]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:27 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Vaudrey Scarlett
Nicknames: ???
Age: Appearance-wise he looks about 18, but in reality he's only 16

Faction: Monster
Race: Sphinx

Natural Ability: Stone faced: Anytime Vaudrey shrinks his wings down, they turn into stone - except this means he has added weight and The World's Worst Backpack and can probably be tipped over relatively easily...

Personality: Dramatic, gentleman-like, good-natured, kind, a little prideful, acts like he's hot stuff when in reality he's kind of a big crybaby. Raised in a very pleasant, single parent household with a doting father, Vaudrey has grown up believing himself to be something special - and he is, in his own way. He has a love for the finer things in life - wealth, good food, good people, etc. - and also any sort of riddles and puzzles.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? His cousin Ren is a graduate of Amityville and recommended the school to him after he left.

FEAR Ability: What is the sound of one hand clapping? After asking you this, Vaudrey shoves his hand right into your face for damage and a unique sound that isn't quite the same every time. The variances in the resulting smack are enough to leave the question unanswered for all time (ty Maru 4 ur contribution 2 society) (Battle Cry)

Physical Description: Sphinx like

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:28 pm
User Image  

mare
Artist

Precious Cutie-Pie

14,675 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:29 pm
himehorse
User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:42 pm
ur welcome for the best Fear, not that I'm biased towards it or anything. o/

That natural ability tho: Just being able to adjust wingspan seems kind of... underpowered. You could, in theory, make the sizes more flexible... but it honestly doesn't feel very sphinx-ish to me. A natural ability is something that I feel should set a species apart from another specie in Halloween, and having an adjustable wingspan isn't something I'd associate immediately with sphinx.

What sort of mythos do you have in mind when you picture your character? One of the first things that pops into my head is that there are loads and looooads of sphinx statues, so one way you could go about things is to work with stone a bit. Maybe not a full-on stone transformation like a gargoyle, but what if when Vaud shrinks his wings they also turn into stone and act sort of like the world's worst backpack/turtle shell on his back? Later years you could have him figure out how to turn specific parts of him into stone and maybe eventually pull off a full-on stone "imma sit here and stare at you and turn into flesh to ask you a riddle like the world's worst doorbell" thang of some sort. :3  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:45 pm
Marushii
ur welcome for the best Fear, not that I'm biased towards it or anything. o/

That natural ability tho: Just being able to adjust wingspan seems kind of... underpowered. You could, in theory, make the sizes more flexible... but it honestly doesn't feel very sphinx-ish to me. A natural ability is something that I feel should set a species apart from another specie in Halloween, and having an adjustable wingspan isn't something I'd associate immediately with sphinx.

What sort of mythos do you have in mind when you picture your character? One of the first things that pops into my head is that there are loads and looooads of sphinx statues, so one way you could go about things is to work with stone a bit. Maybe not a full-on stone transformation like a gargoyle, but what if when Vaud shrinks his wings they also turn into stone and act sort of like the world's worst backpack/turtle shell on his back? Later years you could have him figure out how to turn specific parts of him into stone and maybe eventually pull off a full-on stone "imma sit here and stare at you and turn into flesh to ask you a riddle like the world's worst doorbell" thang of some sort. :3

I really enjoy the sphinx statue idea seriously ahhhhhh omg worst stone backpack excellent THANK YOU FOR THIS <333  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:34 pm
USELESS THE SPHYNX IS NOW GOOD TO GO  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items