Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Enrollment] Armageddon O'Boyle - Shadow Witch (Ready!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:42 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

User Image

Name: Armageddon O'Boyle
Nicknames: Maggie

Faction: Reaper
Race: Witch

Familiar: Doom (Black Shadow Cat)

Natural Ability: Herself and her cat easily blend into shadows; perfect for missions of stealth.

Personality:

The type of ghoul that sits in the back row in class, hangs out under stairwells at lunch and wears a lot of black. She prefers having a small group of friends who are close, as opposed to multiple acquaintances.

She doesn't care for trends or anything considered New World. She prefers old tomes and dusty books than using an EyePhone or browsing the Interwebs. In fact, she's never really used them before. Completely Old School. Likes to pass notes in class, or send letters.

She loves to try new things, even if she fails. She isn't especially athletic, and prefers activities that can be done without physical strain. She enjoys potion making, collecting plants and mushrooms, and cooking.

She's generally happy, even if she doesn't appear overly enthusiastic about most things. Her tired looking appearance is a family trait.

Traits:
> Nature Lover
> Bookworm
> Friendly - despite her affinity for negative quips and an overall dry wit
> Energy Reservation Complex
> Unsympathetic (leading to blunt comments if she doesn't grasp any empathetic understanding)
>

Aspirations and Goals:
> Get her Broom license by age 16
> Learn spells and medicinal potions, as well as hexes and evil potions.

> Foraging
> Sleeping past noon / staying up well past midnight
> Fortune Telling
> Dim Lighting
> Candles

Dislikes:
> Prolonged and awkward eye contact
> Needless/Pointless expended efforts
> Pep
> Getting wet
> Technology
> Mindless chatter

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? To gain better access to knowledge of spells and alchemy.

FEAR Ability: Maggie commands Doom to fight for her, since she lacks any athletic ability herself. Aside from potions, illusions or spells, Doom is her main offence strategy. He will defend her, and attack for her.
••• "Doom Kitty; Grow!" -> Doom uses Maggie's ability to control Shadow Magic to grow three times it's size for added power to his attack <- (Battle Cry T1)

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Black, droopy, baggy
Hair Colour/Style: Gray, wavy/messy, long
Skin Colour: Pale, pasty
Clothing Style/Colours:
••• Long frocks, smocks and otherwise frumpy dresses,
••• usually very simple/humble in style
••• Colours range from black, dark grey, or dreary shades of purple
••• Gingnam and Tartan patterns, as well as solids
Extra: Long features, gangly limbs, stick bug figure
References:
> long nose
> thin lips
> baggy, drooping eyes

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:44 pm
Bittiface

Hi bitti everything looks awesome! I like the familiar (hurrhurr) though I noticed you were missing a natural ability! Maybe something to do with the familiar? Once that's done you're good to go pretty much!  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:53 am
Bumping for suggestions. Reworking her a bit.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:25 am
so cool! MORE WITCHES!

Is she related to Mot?!

Wondering about the natural ability you entered.. basically familiar vs. wand. Not sure if a wand would count as a reaper 'weapon' in this case. May want to ask about having a familiar AND wand?

Obviously a wand as a nonmagical piece of wood shouldn't be an issue but I think as soon as it's a magical object, it would count as a reaper weapon. surprised

bittiface

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:40 am
/TOUCHES ALL OVER  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:22 am
iloveyouDIE
so cool! MORE WITCHES!

Is she related to Mot?!

Wondering about the natural ability you entered.. basically familiar vs. wand. Not sure if a wand would count as a reaper 'weapon' in this case. May want to ask about having a familiar AND wand?

Obviously a wand as a nonmagical piece of wood shouldn't be an issue but I think as soon as it's a magical object, it would count as a reaper weapon. surprised

bittiface

Yep! She's his cousin biggrin His dad's sister is her mom

Thanks also for the feedback!  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:40 pm
I would say given that one of her goals is to be able to ride a broom at 16, keep 'Minor Levitation of objects' as her natural ability, as she's 15, and without taking up that slot, it would end up being a goal she'd not meet; and at y2 to take the ability on, would be barely able to use/not competent enough to get an actual license. Whereas if she takes the ability at y1, able to manipulate objects to float, fly, etc, including herself for a few feet off the ground/hover (not yet able to travel/send objects more than 25 feet seems reasonable imho), y2 she could level up that ability, thereby giving her a greater and much more vast ability while still keeping a fun ability in play y1, gaining it's greater benefits in y2. This is under the assumption you'd want her to obtain this goal- and with her profile, it seems like one that she'd maintain given the end result being highly desirable.

RE Wand Vrs Familiar- The difference is determined in if the object is used to cast or focus magic iirc. So if she's using a wand 10/10 that's being used to focus and channel her magic, so it's falling under weapon.

This however leads into the quandary- weapon (wand) or familiar (raven). Overall, I would say wand would be more suited to her, as a wand is something that she could grow with, or have shift very easily into a broom if so wanted. A familiar on the other hand, seems from her goals, her desired abilities, etc, to be mostly a hindering force in how it would aid her. The familiar- how would they help her that is to her greatest benefit? Her reason to attend Amity remove the notion that the familiar is able to provide knowledge the school can't, and if her goal is to become better at hexes, potions, etc, then again, Amity would have all the resources, a familiar would at best be a test subject, but it's one that can be easily replaced by a minipet.
A wand however is an object she can summon and manipulate at her will, it is something that would grow as she grows and develops which seems to be a theme under the general profile. It also would enable a much easier transitional in cast of spells to aid in her focus and branching out so to speak, (pardon the pun).

Personality wise, my only thought is that Klutz isn't a personality trait that fits what seems to be the intent. Being clumsy/klutzy has little to do with a person's personality and more to do with their physical self- I think a better term there would be tunnel visioned. The effects are the same, as tunnel vision can lead to the physical aspect of being a klutz, and is much smoother in how it co-relates to her other traits. P much- Klutz can stem from being overly focused, but someone who is naturally klutzy does not lend themselves well naturally to being hyper focus as the mistakes they make would be more obvious ones in relation to physical surroundings/physical aptitude.

That's about all I have, as really, you have a great deal of potential already and have what looks like a solid foundation in what you're aiming at. My Parting thoughts/ideas
- spider lace socks
- burned part of her hat from a spell gone wrong
- in being easy going how does she respond to peer pressure/school work
- how does her lack of empathy relate to her relationships/people skills/teamwork

It might be fun if she had a small lightning motif in her appearance via hat end >o > or via ribbon

PS: I'm digging the Soul Eater and Little Witch Academia Vibes.
Bittiface

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:57 am
Bumping for more crits~  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:27 am
I think I worked out all the kinks! Ready for more crits again!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:08 am
Added a new concept sketch of her and Doom!

Ooops!  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:36 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:30 am
Hola bitti~

Only thing I have a question about is her natural ability-
Blending into shadows is fine as a y1 ability, however, being able to use shadows to also cast illusions is a bit much. From art, it looks like you also wanted shadow step? That's a different skill obvs, but as long as it's just her being able to hide in shadows, that fine.

Bittiface

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:04 pm
iStoleYurVamps
Hola bitti~

Blending into shadows is fine as a y1 ability, however, being able to use shadows to also cast illusions is a bit much. From art, it looks like you also wanted shadow step? That's a different skill obvs, but as long as it's just her being able to hide in shadows, that fine.

Bittiface

i wrote it poorly.

she'd only be able to hide within a shadow at y1. later stages might have her hiding and moving with the shadow, and later later stages have her actually manipulate them to her will  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:46 pm
Bittiface
iStoleYurVamps
Hola bitti~

Bittiface

i wrote it poorly.

she'd only be able to hide within a shadow at y1. later stages might have her hiding and moving with the shadow, and later later stages have her actually manipulate them to her will

nods

yep! I figured, but wanted to be sure! Everything else checks out :>  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:40 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Icly, your character will be given access to a pamphlet and invitation to an orientation. Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games