Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Hera the Druid (Accepted)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:55 pm
User ImageAMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Hera Mantodae
Nicknames:

Faction: Reaper
Race: Druid

Natural Ability: Green Thumb - Under the care of a druid, plants grow much quicker and in less time than usual. They are also less likely to die.

Personality: The future Queen of her cluster, Hera is used to being highly regarded and maybe just a tad spoiled by them. Once, her cluster was large and thriving, but now few remain but her family; and as the only scareling born in this generation, she's been raised as the apple of everyone's eye. To them, she is their one hope for the future and so she's learned to view the world accordingly.

For good and for bad; it's not that Hera is innately cruel or even unkind but her first thought is, always, to herself. She's the center of the world and it baffles her a bit when other creeple doesn't see it that way - no matter, she'll simply have to convince them. That should be a simple job for a Queen, after all.

Currently she might be more Queen of the brats than the regal, wise kind of Queen her mother is that she one day aspires to be; if she doesn't get her way, Hera will get huffy and pout-y, stopping just short of throwing a fit. She's not a scareling anymore, duh.

But she truly loves socializing and spending time around others, especially those of her own age; and though selfish, family and friends rank almost as high as herself on her list of priorities, stopping just millimeters short.

As said, she's not unkind - she's simply less likely to do something nice if it's a detriment to herself. Another ghoul really needs a hand with some heavy lifting? Well alright, it is Queenly to be generous after all! Hera might expect a compliment for her good deed, but even if one doesn't appear she'll see it through. A Queen doesn't give up halfway. She might just end up pouting a bit, though.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Her mother thought it'd be a great opportunity to widen Hera's horizons, as well a chance for her to learn from someone outside the cluster. Knowledge is power after all and the Queen thinks that versatility is the key to greatness; the cluster's knowledge might do well with a bit of updating, besides.

FEAR Ability: Healing Potion (The Chill) - Hera's mother impressed upon her the importance of always having a vial of healing potion on hand and the young ghoul is a very dutiful daughter indeed.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour:
Hair Colour/Style:
Skin Colour:
Clothing Style/Colours:
Extra:
References: Official art  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:05 pm
More background info: Hera's cluster of Druids was once a whole community, living very isolated from the rest of Halloween. Their society was matriarchal, with the ruling family descended from the founder; the current ruler took the title of Queen and was treated as such.

Their isolated nature led to a decline in pumpkin hatchings until eventually, the community had shrunk to a fraction of its size and pretty much every member was elderly. It was decided by the Queen at the time that the only way to prevent their extinction was to rejoin the rest of Halloween, and the group journeyed for a time until they found Miasma Village and, considering their nature, bonded with the aggressive flora around the the village (and they liked the locals too, of course). This was all a few generations before Hera's time; her grandmother was the Queen who commanded that they rejoin society and her mother remembers bits and pieces of the travelling.

Currently they're a very small cluster, content to live in Miasma Village and retain as much as their old ways as possible.

And if the owner of any other students from Miasma Village wants to do some back-plotting (background plotting? words man) , I would be super up for it *v*

Ephebe

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:03 pm
Why not make your own Subspecie?

If she's a female Mantis themed reaper why not... Have a subspecie of reaper called Mantodea Reapalis. (Mantis Reaper) One that is matriarchal. (Since female mantis eat male mantis.) Maybe... The Mantodea are a clan of reapers that have made pacts with Mantis summons and live in a jungle like environment?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:12 pm
Rikku Takanashi
Why not make your own Subspecie?

If she's a female Mantis themed reaper why not... Have a subspecie of reaper called Mantodea Reapalis. (Mantis Reaper) One that is matriarchal. (Since female mantis eat male mantis.) Maybe... The Mantodea are a clan of reapers that have made pacts with Mantis summons and live in a jungle like environment?

Ohh that's a good idea! Thank you!! ovo She's from Miasma village tho, but otherwise that sounds great - I will definitely think it over! <333  

Ephebe

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:42 pm
Oh yeah forgot about that lol.

Hm... With that crown she looks like royalty. Maybe she or her mother are outcasts from their original clan? Ooor they went on vacation and got caught by the fog? I dunno just tossing ideas at ya lol.

And your welcome! ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:08 pm
Ephebe

YO EPHEBE CONGRATS <333 Once you get her stuff down you know I'll ping you for some more rp~

I think you can do the outcasts OR you could simply say there's a coven/group/what have you of reaper who happened to bond with the...rather aggressive flora around Miasma Village, for instance! She could be the princess or heir of her particular cluster. When I saw her I also considered others like druid, shaman, or just a really intense plant mage with an insect familiar, if you want more ideas!

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:50 am
I went to bed last night and spent like an hour contemplating this instead of going to sleep, haha! I think I have an idea, combining the things that you guys suggested and what most appeals to me;

Hera's cluster (thank you for the word Medi <333) was once a whole community, living very isolated from the rest of Halloween. Their society was matriarchal, with the ruling family descended from the founder; the current ruler took the title of Queen and was treated as such.

Their isolated nature led to a decline in pumpkin hatchings until eventually, the community had shrunk to a fraction of its size and pretty much every member was elderly. It was decided by the Queen at the time that the only way to prevent their extinction was to rejoin the rest of Halloween, and the group journeyed for a time until they found Miasma Village and, considering their nature, bonded with the aggressive flora around the the village (and they liked the locals too, of course). This was all a few generations before Hera's time; her grandmother was the Queen who commanded that they rejoin society and her mother remembers bits and pieces of the travelling.

Currently they're a very small cluster, content to live in Miasma Village and retain as much as their old ways as possible.

Does this all make sense haha???

I'm currently torn between plant mage or druid for race; on one hand, throwing potions (and I can just imagine her ruthlessly crushing bugs and plants for her potions) or a plant mage, the thought that came to my mind was throwing a seed at someone and then instantly growing it to a plant to entangle them.

And either fits really well with how I imagine her dorm, a bit like a hothouse with tons of plants growing everywhere and insects buzzing!

I think I'm leaving towards Druid though, because of the versatility; it lends itself well to both healing and damaging I think (throwing flesh-eating poisons at your opponent was my first thought xDD).

Rikku Takanashi
Thank you a bunch for all your help, you really got my mind racing with ideas!!

medigel
YES RP that would be amazing and grats on your Not-Pickles as well!! <333333 Thank you so much for the ideas, they really helped!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:10 pm
Ephebe

HI biggrin CONGRATS AGAIN <333

Nat ability > This is good! Also I would just note that talking to plants is AOK, just at year one, it probably wouldn't be anything like, hugely complex, just simple, vague things because first years are wimps

Personality > Not exactly a crit, since I usually don't crit on personalities, but I'm just curious - what happens when she's not doted on, since she's used to being treated a certain way because of her position?

FEAR > This is good!

OVERALL A+ CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER IN PLAY, I'd love RP with her when she's accepted! biggrin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:08 pm
kuropeco

HI : DDD THANK YOU!! <33333

Ohh awesome, thank you! ovob Probably best that she can't have too complex convos with them, considering they'll be butchered for potion-making ahaha... /stares into the distance

Hmm, I think that's very situational! She's more used to being doted on by adults, so if it was someone her own age she might just think they haven't seen the light yet - depending on how the person acted, of course. If it was just a regular friendly person being generally friendly but not doting, she might be a bit baffled but hide it and attempt to charm the person ('charm' might end up being more along the lines of attempting to boss them into liking her, though, again depending on situation and the person!). Likewise with someone being neutral towards her. If it was someone being generally mean though she might get huffy or confrontational and try to put them in their place. For any adults that don't dote on her, it'd probably be about the same with a few added sighs and some 'you really should know this by now'.

YAYY THANK YOU, that would be awesome!! *v* All the RP!!! I can't wait to throw her out there fffff <333  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:27 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Icly, your character will be given access to a pamphlet and invitation to an orientation. Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers