Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[enrollment] daggerback wrex the brute wyvern (Accepted)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:40 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Daggerback Wreximillion Maximus
Nicknames: probably going to be Pickles at this rate istg pls just Wrex his parents were a little over the top

Faction: Monster (based off deviljhos)
Race: Brute Wyvern - Like their cousins the wyverns, brute wyverns retain their highly aggressive and territorial instincts. Trading wings for powerful hind legs for better adaptation on land, these large nomadic predators constantly rove for the next meal to power their high-energy lifestyle. Brute wyverns rely on overwhelming strength to survive as well as to establish dominance amongst one another, creating a hierarchy of power in clans based on who is the strongest. Neither the spiky jaws nor enormous tail of this particular species should be taken lightly. They are capable of consuming anything, including their own flesh if need be. (Or so it's been said.)User Image

Natural Ability:
Devourer: Wrex’s teeth and stomach can chew through and digest most any non magical substance without repercussion. A growing boil doesn't have time to be picky about what he eats! Of course if he eats something poisonous, for example, it's still not going to end well...He can digest it fine but sadly suffer through its effects the entire way.

Personality:
Wrex here grew up in a particular environment, one that rewarded action and aggression and looked down upon practically anything else. While sharing the temper his species is known for, however, this boil is more stoic-faced than most. He tends to keep well to himself and go about his business, preferring to only interact with others if it's necessary to complete or if they happen to look tasty interesting. In some ways he's still a scareling, fascinated by even the simplest of technology and often times tailing others without realizing he appears to be a stalker. He has a yearning to learn but has been cowed against it due to his upbringing of power being the most pivotal of all things--even moreso than knowledge.

And that's the thing: Wrex doesn't understand many common social cues. His perspective of manners tends to fall in line with the be as tough as possible and you'll earn respect doctrine, and even his most gentle actions can appear brutish if not outright hostile. He'll growl and bare his teeth at friends to say a friendly hello, whack his tail against someone's behind instead of wave (the most powerful a** pat), and push his teeth around someone's neck to accept an apology, for examples. Wrex isn't a very talkative sort, often times using grunts or short answers if gestures and other noises won't do. It's unfortunately made him look like the poster boil for a stupid musclehead monster, even though he's not overly aware that's a stereotype.

Unused to his humanoid form but still affected with his species' wanderlust, you'll most likely see him all around campus, trying to manipulate objects with his mouth and tail while his newly (normal???) arms dangle. This is going to take some getting used to...

Underneath the tough leathery skin is...well, one very awkward boil. Having never been allowed to develop other emotions in a healthy environment, he can appear very bland when not caught in a rage. Wrex harbors a deep loyalty streak, however, and for those he considers friends, he would literally eat their enemies if it were possible; there is no end he wouldn't go to for them. Deep down he wishes to just be accepted for who he is, difficult expressive skills and bottomless stomach and crude manners and all, but he's not even aware that this is a need he wants fulfilled. Right now he just wants to explore every nook and cranny and discovery what this Amity place truly is like.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
Wrex's clan has had a rivalry with Jho's for longer than anyone's memory can stretch back to, stretching from wars over tracks of land to what actually is the tastiest meal ever made in Halloween? With the visitors opening up a far away land to scour, The Daggerback Clan immediately sent him away to try and conquer it before anyone else could. They...seem to understand the school education system sort of fits in with that goal. Maybe. They also hope forcing Wrex away from his twin and around clearly lesser creatures will bring out the true wyvern in him and make him more ambitious and leader-like.

Also, hey, one less mouth to feed is a definite plus.

FEAR Ability: Brutal Bite (The Bite Y1) = Wrex is able to snack on the opponent and steal some of their Fear back to keep him going.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:43 pm
(MISC. DEETS HERE)
  • A lack of scars marks him as weaker in the clan. Wrex will be a scrapper upon entry to the academy.
  • Probably likes to sunbathe (especially in the morning) to help his energy levels and metabolism
  • Is not at the maximum height either in pin for or in nat form, but will grow into both as he matures; currently sits at about 5'7" in student form, and about a small minivan size in nat form with a tail just as long as his body
  • Closest buds with his chameleos mount, often taking advantage of its invisibility ability both to get away and to hunt (though stealth is considered a weaker monster's game in his clan's opinion, and he's often looked down on for it)
  • Actually also hungry to learn things if someone's willing to be patient enough; fast learner, if only because he's a fast mistaker

name: wrex? alternatively wrecks. aye also suggests grunt because not enough mass effect.

okay crits pls i've never played mh before and hope i did him justice dflkgjdlkfsj
which fear i'm still on the fence
also name ideas
jesus i never know how to pick names

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:11 am
medigel

aww, poor repressed baby! ;;; I think you've fleshed out his personality very well; there's a good explanation of how he is today, but also hints towards what he could become in the future, if that makes sense!

I think both FEARs sound great too, tho I'm personally leaning towards The Bite just for the mental image of him snacking on his opponent haha. Also breath weapon is A+

NAMES; Wrex or Wrecks sounds cool! Might be too literal, but maybe Brutus, Brutalis?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:02 am
PIKLS

sorry i know nothing about MH either

but everything looks lovely, especially the image of some kid wandering around campus with his books in his mouth

or minipets

anything really

/screeches away into the night c:

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:21 pm
medigel

CONGRATS ON WINNING U biggrin

Species > SOUNDS GOOD TO ME

Nat ability > ALSO SOUNDS GOOD TO ME WATCH UR DIET PICKLES. Out of curiosity what happens when he tries to chew through magical substances?

FEAR > BOTH OF THESE ARE GOOD I kind of like the Brutal Bite one fits him more in terms of species, etc

OTHERWISE A+++ GO FORTH AND EAT DO ALL THE THINGS I'M EXCITED TO SEE HIM IN PLAY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:48 pm
Edited name in and chose Fear! Agreed with all, The Bite felt better thematically!

Ephebe
I cling to Wrex too much, probably because now I'm channeling too much Mass Effect dfgkjdlfksj but Seu is going to quest for his twin and really loved the name Brutus when I suggested it to her, so thank you! ovo/ <3

Smerdle
if there's a thirst for knowledge, there's got to be a hunger too right.......

kuropeco
I had to doublecheck myself YOU KEEP CHANGING UR SN Y U DO THIS
but uh probably not good depending on what magical effect is in play (or if he somehow got his jaws around a hunter weapon or what have you)
I clarified in his nat ability so that it doesn't necessarily make him immune to things like poison either since I was thinking about it! I imagine if he did try chewing through an enchanted substance he'd just be confused as to why it's not breaking like ???? but w h y before probably trying harder and harder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:18 am
medigel
I cling to Wrex too much, probably because now I'm channeling too much Mass Effect dfgkjdlfksj but Seu is going to quest for his twin and really loved the name Brutus when I suggested it to her, so thank you! ovo/ <3

Channeling Mass Effect is never bad, OK. ouob And no worries!! Can't wait to see his twin's quest. *v* ROCK ON  

Ephebe

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:48 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Icly, your character will be given access to a pamphlet and invitation to an orientation. Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games