Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Hayden Baja the Reaper (Accepted)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:10 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Hayden Baja
      Nicknames: Den

Faction: Reaper
      Race: Desert

Natural Ability:
      Calokinesis - User can create, shape and manipulate heat by increasing the kinetic energy of atoms and thus making things hotter, ranging from subjective feeling of heat to absolute hot.

Personality:
      Temperamental - liable to unreasonable changes of mood.
        Although to some her temper might not be a problem, it's got her in trouble in the past. When she get's mad she doesn't see much other then red. When extremely angry she's prone to not only swearing and throwing punches, but also throwing items. It's best to either get out of her way or calm her down when she get's like that. Luckily she has a very long fuse, so it takes a lot to get her mad enough to be destructive.

Outgoing - friendly and socially confident.
        Hayden has no problems talking to beings of any race or laughing with them. She may not fit in perfectly with some of the other types of beings, but that doesn't stop her from being just as friendly with them as she is with her fellow reapers.

Daredevil - a reckless person who enjoys doing dangerous things.
        Hayden loves the adrenaline rush that goes along with doing crazy things. Due to the things that burning metals allow her to do she is able to do things that some others can't. The more dangerous something is, the more willing she will be to do it. Especially if she is dared to do it.

Loving - feeling or showing love or great care.
        As crazy as she can be, Hayden knows how to love. She knows how to take care and love people, and when she thinks that someone is worth it she is extremely loving. She's prone to bringing gifts and just over all taking care of those she loves.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? She wants to know more about the world and the other beings in it.

FEAR Ability:
        The Burn (The Tainted Fang)
        Hayden sends out a wave of heat towards her opponent, burning them so that they keep getting hurt over time.

Physical Description:
        Eye Colour: Yellow/Red
        Hair Colour/Style: Red like in the skin color image, style like this this but her hair is long and curly.
        Skin Colour: Pale with freckles everywhere - X
        Clothing Style/Colours: Here are some options, she dresses very human. Feel free to make them more creepy/halloweenish. x (besides the hat and knives, plus shoes would have no heel) x x (but fox skeleton instead of roses, no purse or phone, and boots not flats) x (none of the accessories) x.
        Extra: She has a familiar who happens to be a Fennec Fox named Devoss. He looks like a normal Fennec Fox other then the antlers on his head. He also has red paint down his face (like the blue paint here). I'd also like his eyes to be like hers but opposite.
        References: All of them are in their category above.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:45 pm
a pet dino

Ahhhh congrats on the win! I really love this metal-based spin you created! I own an elemental mage, so seeing the parallels was really neat.

Overall Atia looks really good! I'm curious and will ask just for pure rp flavor: by "ingested metals" do you mean she carries around a bag of gems handy to swallow them, or is she able to create them at will to swallow as part of her magic? Is it possible to eat one of a metal too much? What happens if an allomancer tries to eat more than one type of metal in a short period of time?

The only thing I might watch out for is her familiar. From what I understand, TiH tries to avoid straight up dinosaurs for students since the sort of Fear that creates things past the time of Merlin/Legacies (when old Halloween Town was basically formed) are considered Ancient Fears. I think it could slide as just a familiar, but you're free to make Petrie (AND THANK YOU FOR THAT REFERENCE BTW) more monstrous-looking if you'd like!

medigel

Anxious Spirit

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:44 pm
medigel

Ah I wish I could take credit for it, but the whole idea is from a book series called Mistborn. It's an amazing series and I love the concept so I fixed it some to fit in here.

Well the vials will be filled with water and flakes of metals. So she would have to get the metals and "grate" the metals into the water and vials. I'm going to have it so that her family sends her vials with the metals already also. She can't have to much of a metal, though after a certain amount she is kind of wasting it unless she is running low. She can also have more then one metal at a time, though with each extra one the others become weaker (so they would be strongest alone and then get weaker and weaker as more are added). She does have to be careful not to ingest a fake metal though, or a metal that is not listed. She will get really sick if that was to happen. (I'm not sure if I should add this to the natural ability part?)

Haha thanks, yeah I'm going to have to change him up, though I'm not sure what to do yet. AND YESSSSS, Land before time forever.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:13 pm
zooms in on a fighterjet because that sounds good

Nothing approval pert but only got a Q(+)!

I notice via last crit about injesting metals- yet thats not listed as her natural ability or really anything so I'm wondering if that was removed. I ask, as the vials for metals is still part of outfit which leads to next Q-

Do you intend for that ability to be later on gained, or will her focus be heat manipulation? I ask as natural abilities all start fairly weak, so if you want her to gain metal manipulation I would honestly suggest that starting out, such as minor metal bending type skills. HOWEVER, the fact you're using kenetic energy to move atoms as a basis for heat manipulations is very nice given desert reaper! Mostly, its just a curiosity as to her intended growth, as you want a solid basis for stronger powers down the line.
a pet dino

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:50 pm
iStoleYurVamps

I had to change her subspecies, natural ability and fear so that's why it says stuff about the metals but there are nothing in her app about it. I forgot to delete the part in her appearance so I have to do that know.

Her focus will be heat manipulation for now, and as they grow I'm thinking they will include her being able to manipulate either dirt, earth, or dust.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:13 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Icly, your character will be given access to a pamphlet and invitation to an orientation. Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers