User ImageBuziba was frantic. A vision had come to him in the night of his son; his adopted son. He was in servitude. Bossed around by some green male who was holding a female captive as well. He could tell that they were by the ocean, but they were not part of the Bahari, as the bahari was a peaceful pride. The vision had been so startling, though he could tell that Jini was not injured, that Buziba had fled his new pride and taken to the rogue lands. He had found Jini when he had been a starving youngster, abandoned by the father that had claimed him from his mother. Although Buziba had only been a young adult himself, he had taken to nurturing the young male, thankful that he was old enough to not need milk, else he would have had to find a wetnurse, and that would have been tricky. Buziba had left his birth pride when it disbanded, traveling into the rogue lands on his own. It had been…reassuring for him to find a purpose, and that purpose had been to raise Jini right. The duo had stuck together until Jini was an adult, and the male decided he wanted an adventure. Buziba had been saddened to say farewell, but he had thought his son would be alright.

His vision told him otherwise. Jini had gotten himself into a mess, and it was up to Buziba to rescue the male.

He knew that the other male was keeping him near water, so he tried to stick along the coastline once he left the bahari. Thus far, he had not stumbled upon the green male that he sought. His eyes scanned the landscape furiously. He had barely slept the night before, walking for most of the day and the evening. He had little left in his life than his son. He had no contact with his birth family since the pride had disbanded. He only really had Jini, and now he didn’t even really have the pale male.

User Image
Kiunguza found herself rather amused by the ocean. Having been born amongst the red hot sand, she had never seen such a large body of water before, and when she had stumbled upon the ocean, had taken a rather large fascination with it. She hadn’t dared step into the water, and she had only barely risked a drink (only to find out it was terribly salty and disgusting). She decided she would respect it from a distance, reclining herself on a rock to gaze at its rather hypnotic movements.

The male storming along the shoreline like he had a life-or-death mission caught her eye though, and she followed him with her gaze. She wasn’t sure if he felt her eyes on him, but his own red eyes shot towards her, making contact over the distance. Immediately, he changed his directions to storm towards her. She flicked her tail lazily, eyes half-hooded as she took him in. She knew she could take him in a battle, so was hardly concerned by his grumpy disposition.

Do you know a green male who takes a white and blue male as prisoner? And a black and white female?” Buziba demanded. “He is amongst the ocean warriors.” He knew they were a pride of warriors, having seen visions of sparring, but he did not know their name. He had heard little words in his vision, only images.

Kiunguza looked amused at the question and tilted her head. “I am afraid not. I was born into the warriors of the desert, not the sand.” Her tail flicked leisurely, entertaining herself by imaging pouncing on the male from her vantage point on the rock. She wouldn’t actually do it, but she hadn’t sparred in a while. “Has the male wronged you?” She asked, out of curiosity.

The male he has taken as his prisoner is my son,” Buziba growled, his tone frustrated at the lack of information but not angry at her, per say.
Ah, then it is retribution you seek,” she mused.

No, I seek to free my son,” Buziba corrected swiftly. “If it costs my life, so be it, but my son will not have to live in servitude, not so long as I breathe.” Buziba was 100% serious in his statement. He would gladly lay down his life for Jini. That realisation would have been startling years ago when he first found the cub; he had been such a nervous father but he had grown into it. By the time his son had reached adolescence, Buziba felt like he finally had a handle on the whole ‘dad’ thing. Sort of.

Kiunguza was impressed. “You have a warriors spirit,” she mused. “I hope you find the male who has taken your son captive.” It was a worthy quest at least. Kiunguza wasn’t sure if she was hoping for the male to win or to lose; whichever one made the best spectacle would be fine for the firekin born, but she found his mission honourable at least.

Thank you,” Buziba said, inclining his head at the stranger. “I should return to my journey.” He would have asked her to inform him of any green males she came across in her travels, but there would be no way of getting the message across, so it would be useless.

Farewell.” He was not interested in making friends, or having long conversations at that moment. He was concerned with finding his son, and bringing the male who had done this to him to justice. Buziba was not a strong male, but when his family was in danger, he would fight to the end.

Kiunguza watched the male disappear with an amused look on her face. These males were odd, she mused to herself, returning her gaze to the ocean with a relaxed sigh. They were all nothing like her firekin brethren, and that was both refreshing and awfully disappointing. As a warrior herself, Kiunguza would not ever dare to mate with a non-warrior. It was in her bloodline to produce strong fighters, there was no point in weakening her genetic line. Though that male had a warriors spirit, he was in no way a warrior, and therefore was rather uninteresting to her. His battle would be amusing to watch though, she laughed to herself, and continued to gaze at the waves in the distance, imaging the battles in her mind to entertain herself.